Why Are You Pissed Off Today?

I got off the train today at 1930 and ran down because I wanted to get something from the supermarket. A young Jewish guy dressed in all black comes up to me enthusiastically and asks "Are you Jewish?"

I am wearing a mask from the train. I was about to say, "Do I look Jewish?" when I realised his friend is running around asking this to wish you happy Hanukah.

I then leave the station and see a giant RV decked out in Hanukah celebration trying to do a three point turn in the middle of chartered vans, buses and limos for the hockey game. This is accompanied with 3 guys dressed in all black and a portable outdoor sound system on a folding table on the street blasting what I assume is Hanukah music.

I don't live in a neighbourhood with a significant Jewish population.

I got off the train today at 1930 and ran down because I wanted to get something from the supermarket. A young Jewish guy dressed in all black comes up to me enthusiastically and asks "Are you Jewish?"

I am wearing a mask from the train. I was about to say, "Do I look Jewish?" when I realised his friend is running around asking this to wish you happy Hanukah.

I then leave the station and see a giant RV decked out in Hanukah celebration trying to do a three point turn in the middle of chartered vans, buses and limos for the hockey game. This is accompanied with 3 guys dressed in all black and a portable outdoor sound system on a folding table on the street blasting what I assume is Hanukah music.

What country do you live in?

How are you so good at sounding like an absolute cunt no matter who you are talking about?

How are you so good at sounding like an absolute cunt no matter who you are talking about?

Forgive me, he may have been Amish. The cacophony in my ears from riding public transit all day could have led me to mishear it as Christmas with a hard and guttural ch.

Forgive me, he may have been Amish. The cacophony in my ears from riding public transit all day could have led me to mishear it as Christmas with a hard and guttural ch.
They are likely Lubavitchers celebrating Hannukah. They are for the most part innocuous. How you manage to portray them as an exogenous annoyance is really impressive. Kuddos to you for getting annoyed at everything foreign and making a big deal out of it. You should move to Utah, Montana or Wyoming

They are likely Lubavitchers celebrating Hannukah. They are for the most part innocuous. How you manage to portray them as an exogenous annoyance is really impressive. Kuddos to you for getting annoyed at everything foreign and making a big deal out of it. You should move to Utah, Montana or Wyoming
he'd get shot as he is a visible minority

I'm not annoyed at everything foreign. I'm annoyed at people who are not normally evangelical coming at me as if they were evangelical. I leave them alone when Christ is born.

I worked for the Tisch family for 8 1/2 years here in North America on both sides of the pond. I bought my share of bulova watches just to support the conglomerate.

he'd get shot as he is a visible minority

Is he a fookin’ Brittisher?

only pretends to be one

No, I'm getting a work visa to go to Virginia if I have respect only for the money (sorry doghouse), no consideration for what title I have there, no consideration of my place in the hierarchy of things, no expectations over how many people to lord over, and no self-respect.

....but Merry Christmas y'all.

A young Jewish guy dressed in all black comes up to me enthusiastically and asks "Are you Jewish?"

They are likely Lubavitchers celebrating Hannukah. They are for the most part innocuous. How you manage to portray them as an exogenous annoyance is really impressive.
no no, he's right. all Chabad people are fucking obnoxious on a normal day and these cunts with the hannukah vans and music and harassment are even worse.

At my orthodontist’s office. I’m friendly with All the girls because I’ve been coming for a while. The girl at the front and I were discussing Mexico and she tells me the doc was just in Tulum. “Check out how tanned he is!”

This fucker comes in and I ask him how his holiday was and he says “oh I’ve been sick with RSV for over a week. All last week the office was closed and I just came back to work today.”

-Hess' lawyer said she has been unfairly vilified as a "witch," a "monster" and a "ghoul," when instead she is a "broken human being" whose conduct can be attributed to a traumatic brain injury at age 18. In court on Tuesday, Hess declined to speak to the judge.

What the fuck.

My two cousins and their spouses get coronavirus right before Christmas Day. Mate and his wife get in right on New Year's Day with kids. One of the guys at work says his whole family got it but he tested negative for 4 days and he only has the flu. My brother's kid coughs on my brother and he now gets the Wuhan as well. My brother wears n95 everywhere even surgical outdoors. What the fuck. This China virus is never going away.

Just finally coming around to this realization?

If you knew what you know today 3 plus years ago and someone said if we dropped a nuclear bomb on Wuhan that would kill 7-8 million people but eradicate the virus from ever spreading from ground zero... Would you do it?

$6 for celery. $7 for two leeks. Inflation is really coming down.

-19c without wind chill. - 31c with wind chill. I live on the same latitude as Florence and Marseilles. Why? For the love of God why?

-19c without wind chill. - 31c with wind chill. I live on the same latitude as Florence and Marseilles. Why? For the love of God why?
if its that bad for you it must be -75 for Thruth Thruth . don't freeze to death out there guys we can't have 33% of the forum membership dying at once.

if its that bad for you it must be -75 for Thruth Thruth . don't freeze to death out there guys we can't have 33% of the forum membership dying at once.

I just got off at a bus stop earlier than I should but I trudged in my BB milano fleece suit and AE rubber sole shoes to the rail station.

IMG_20230203_150225_HDR.jpg

It's a balmy 21F here in NYC...dropping down to 6F overnight(which will feel like -17.)

I just walked in and realized I had ZERO brews in the fridge. Just ran back out for some...

The other week we ere hitting 37C in Melbourne -yesterday - hail and top of 16C - heading back up to mid 20C++ this week.

Very annoying crowd of masked people hovering around my co-working space desk.

I've been pissed at my investment portfolio (protected retirement and cash) since 2020. When Trump left I was betting the stock market to tank so I moved all ETFs and index funds prematurely to fixed income but interest rates are only making it attractive these past 6 months so I missed out on everything. Now with the war, I decided to dump everything I can into resource funds with the retirement money (...that I will never see).

Doing very well 2023 YTD. As long as the shortages continue, the war rages and we keep firing missiles at each other it's going to be a good year.

My father gave my mother and me false hope that temperatures were climbing to 10c by the end of the week. Apparently he was reading the weather forecast for Barcelona which is where they will be sailing to next month.

Tried to cheat yesterday by buying store made fresh lasagna sheets. Dried out much quicker in the oven than one made from scratch and blanched quickly.

I got to the gym at 5:25 today. I did my usual weight circuit and then headed over close to 6 to "cool down" hammering at an elliptical for 15 minutes. This one git I've seen before has all the lights off working out on an elliptical machine. It's pitch dark in there except for a few lights from the machines. I turn on one of the lights and he bellows out, "Could you turn it off?"

I don't have my glasses on so to me it's a big morass of darkness. I can't even find the machine much less turn the television on and watch the news. I went back up to shower and change. When I was leaving the front door I was hoping to see an ambulance that would take him to the morgue.

Sliced my thumb on a tin can over the weekend. Bit annoying to be chopping and prepping and washing but anyway.

Seattle vs LA plays at 1630. We play 1930. -3c with -9c wind chill.

We are looking to buy a bigger house, so both kids can have their own room. But last night I was FaceTiming with my cousin and her two kids and now all I want to do is pack everyone up and move back home. This is such a shitty country for kids to grow up in.

We are looking to buy a bigger house, so both kids can have their own room. But last night I was FaceTiming with my cousin and her two kids and now all I want to do is pack everyone up and move back home. This is such a shitty country for kids to grow up in.

Where is back home?

What state /city would you prefer? What sort of work? Staffing is hard to find these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom