Adult Daycare: Dealing with Employees

Is your being a cunt something he has to defend himself against?
How am I being a cunt? Please explain. I think is just idiotic how he expresses himself. Correct me if I am wrong, but would you hang out with someone that talks like that? Thought so.

How am I being a cunt? Please explain. I think is just idiotic how he expresses himself. Correct me if I am wrong, but would you hang out with someone that talks like that? Thought so.
Why would that matter in any way shape or form? Who even thinks like this?

i know you believe your euro friends think you're cool but trust me, they don't.

I quite like him. But I don't have a problem with the language dropbear used. I like a bit of strategic/militarized language. It certainly beats the inter-sectionality stuff that's seeping into corporate culture.

I quite like him. But I don't have a problem with the language dropbear used. I like a bit of strategic/militarized language. It certainly beats the inter-sectionality stuff that's seeping into corporate culture.

Eh, that’s just my work environment and culture - for better or worse. Even though The Incident Command System was born out of the California wildfire service, the US Coastguard really made it what it is today. Its a harder world to adapt to if you’ve never had military experience, just because of that. We usually take for granted that people under stand stuff like deployments, SitReps, comms plans etc., but I think it’s slowly becoming a bit more diverse. My generation, is all a bunch of old white dudes with similar resumes.

Someone's come up with a master plan:

IMG_1258.jpg

I get an update on Tuesday about all the things going on in my area. Because it's me I prefer everything to be driven by metrics with some anecdotal comments on which things we should pay attention to. Lately we switched systems so some of the prior metrics can't be produced. The lead presenter asks if I want the slides removed as every week it says "Not updated" .

I replied: "No, I want us to keep staring at it until you fix it. It's like staring at poor children on your milk carton. Every time you drink milk you're reminded you need to solve world hunger."

Admittedly I had just finished a call where people were irritating me.

We are rolling out diversity courses at work. The objective is to observe and respect.

Are you f@cking kidding me? I'm in the most cosmopolitan part of Canada.

We are rolling out diversity courses at work. The objective is to observe and respect.

just being cosmopolitan guarantees all y’all are observant and respectful?

I had to look that one up. White fragility? What the hell is that BS?

What if I claim I am mixed race? I am born with tolerance in my blood therefore I am exempt.

sorry, the alcohol content has diluted your tolerance long ago. you have to develop feelz for HeShes

Utter nonsense. You can in-bed that into the culture without any need for courses.

A colleague was telling me the other day that their local hospital is advertising for a Diversity Officer 60 grand a year. Not bad for a non-position.

Utter nonsense. You can in-bed that into the culture without any need for courses.

A colleague was telling me the other day that their local hospital is advertising for a Diversity Officer 60 grand a year. Not bad for a non-position.

What pray tell would this person do?

You must be a science fiction writer to be able to come up with the material for the job requisition and roles and responsibilities for that.

People won't come to the office every day due to the risk of coronavirus but are happy to take the risk to come assemble at the office to perform a one time philanthropic event.

I was at a meeting with a facilitator and we did some social get to know you warm up questions.

One of those ones I posed was whether you like individual pursuits or do you feel energized about groups. I said time flies and I feel energized being around people. But I definitely do not find comfort sitting amongst nature trying to find some Zen moment. It's like holding my breath.

The facilitator said "Oh you are an extrovert! Classic!"

I don't feel I am although my personality scores say I am for what it's worth.

Your persona on this forum scores an 11 out of 10 on the extrovert scale. You’ve spent the past six months bemoaning how the pandemic has distrupted your social life and routines.

Last edited:
I was at a meeting with a facilitator and we did some social get to know you warm up questions.

One of those ones I posed was whether you like individual pursuits or do you feel energized about groups. I said time flies and I feel energized being around people. But I definitely do not find comfort sitting amongst nature trying to find some Zen moment. It's like holding my breath.

The facilitator said "Oh you are an extrovert! Classic!"

I don't feel I am although my personality scores say I am for what it's worth.

On all those personality tests I score in that region and Commander type personality.

Actually, don't think I am ''Extrovert'' type either. Although, many of my associates will disagree. Even now.

I prefer a tight small group I can buzz off. If I am invited to those events though, not of my choosing, I will act as point man and take full advantage of that. That's something a lot of people can't do as it happens. It comes naturally to me, but I am still bored with it all. I much prefer keeping myself rather rare these days.

On all those personality tests I score in that region and Commander type personality.

Actually, don't think I am ''Extrovert'' type either. Although, many of my associates will disagree. Even now.

I prefer a tight small group I can buzz off. If I am invited to those events though, not of my choosing, I will act as point man and take full advantage of that. That's something a lot of people can't do as it happens. It comes naturally to me, but I am still bored with it all. I much prefer keeping myself rather rare these days.

Oh. 16 personalities or myers-briggs. ESFP. I used to be ENFP.

In DISC I'm an off the charts D, high C, with a strong S.

Your persona on this forum scores an 11 out of 10 on the extrovert scale. You’ve spent the past six months bemoaning how the pandemic has distrupted your social life and routines.

Because being with people is life.

Socializing is life.

Life needs lifeforms to be around. The more the better.

A lot of Jung if taken too literally is mystical musing. However a lot is useful. Myers Briggs is taken too seriously. Especially in much of the corporate world. Where M B is actually useful is if you do it with a few close work colleagues and then discuss it and communications styles extrovert / introvert tendencies and such.

I got asked in an online video town hall with hundreds of people where I shop for my clothes because they think I dress well. Why is that pertinent for the 2 mins x hundreds of attendees?

I got asked in an online video town hall with hundreds of people where I shop for my clothes because they think I dress well. Why is that pertinent for the 2 mins x hundreds of attendees?

I hope you told them that a gentleman would never disclose his tailor to the herd and uninitiated.

Who The F asked that and in what context?

I just say "op shops" or as North Americans say "thrift shops"

Who The F asked that and in what context?

I just say "op shops" or as North Americans say "thrift shops"

Anonymous employee who submitted the question in the virtual all hands.

"Hi fwiffo, can you tell us what's happening in your department? Also you're always showing up dressed well. Can you tell us where you buy your clothing?"

I’ve always wanted to borrow Robert Crumbs band name. “The Cheap Suit Serenaders “

Tell them your secret is to spend hours on an anonymous forum with queer Europeans with daddy issues.

Oh. 16 personalities or myers-briggs. ESFP. I used to be ENFP.

In DISC I'm an off the charts D, high C, with a strong S.

I had that Myers Briggs thing done a few years back: I'm ENTP apparently

I deeply sceptical of the ability of psychology to distil the complexity of human personality into 16 types.

I heard that one reason why that test is popular is because it highlights the strengths of every type so no matter which one you end up with you feel good about the results.

Or people can use the model I had when I first started my professional career: you're part of the problem, you're part of the solution or you're part of the scenery.

Of course certain co-workers were pissed which category I put them in.

Had a day fighting one of the regional offices demanding that their client expected a global Covid procedure and track and trace system for all our employees, preferably with an App. This particular office is obsessed with Apps.

It got to the stage where they resorted to ''Bottom line is....'' and accusing us of deliberately exposing people to the virus on the basis that one of our employees caught the virus in Italy and was ''contaminated'' spreading it around on purpose.

The Covid protocols in Italy are extremely tight with track and trace provided by local Health Authorities. Can you imagine a company interjecting and imposing an additional layer on top of that with their own processes that could be in conflict with local legislation and infringing on medical privacy laws? Sharing someone's medical information across borders in conflict with GDPR? Called BS on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom