Air Travel - I'd Rather Go By Car

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
India Jet Airways crew fired after cockpit fight

"According to Indian media reports which quoted witnesses, the incident occurred after the male pilot allegedly slapped the female pilot.
The woman left the cockpit in tears, but colleagues eventually persuaded her to go back, reports said."

That must have been an awkward flight to disembark from. Thank you..sob sob..for flighting Jet Airways...sob sob. Ma'am why is your eye black?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
The evolution of UK-Australia travel into a single flight

The real question is who wants to take a 17 hour flight from London to Perth?

"Singapore Airlines abandoned its previous flight to New York after deciding that 19 hours was too much to tolerate in economy. A move to convert the entire aircraft into business class was not financially sustainable."

19 hours in economy. Apparently it's humanly impossible.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
I've got my ticket to London for Sept already - Melb to BKK = 9 hrs 30min. BKK to LHR = 12hrs.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Just after I’ve booked TAP from LHR to LIS.
Passengers stranded in Stuttgart as pilot found drunk before takeoff
Copilot on TAP Air Portugal flight to Lisbon said to be ‘reeking of alcohol and walking unsteadily’

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
The evolution of UK-Australia travel into a single flight

The real question is who wants to take a 17 hour flight from London to Perth?

"Singapore Airlines abandoned its previous flight to New York after deciding that 19 hours was too much to tolerate in economy. A move to convert the entire aircraft into business class was not financially sustainable."

19 hours in economy. Apparently it's humanly impossible.
I've got a colleague doing that shortly and then he's then got a flight from London to the States. My boss is a legendary flyer he loves it and even he wouldn't attempt that. I use to do 13 hours to Sao Paolo/Rio every six months and that was a killer, especially the turbulence which was rarely anything other than constant.

The longest flight I do know is to Beijing and Shaghai. About 11 hours in total in KLM's Economy Plus which is well worth a little bit extra. The turbulence is generally okay, but one time we landed in a storm at Schipol and the last 30 minutes we're pretty scary.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I've got my ticket to London for Sept already - Melb to BKK = 9 hrs 30min. BKK to LHR = 12hrs.
What a bunch of wuzzes.
You're going for more than a day without showering?

Just after I’ve booked TAP from LHR to LIS.
Copilot on TAP Air Portugal flight to Lisbon said to be ‘reeking of alcohol and walking unsteadily’
If I had gone to Madrid instead of Barcelona I would have had to connect through Lisbon. I had no idea what airline that was. Now I know to avoid it.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
THIS IS FUCKING SCARY

https://apps.bostonglobe.com/news/n...SA?s_campaign=bostonglobe:nativevideo:twitter

Did you scan the boarding area from afar?
Have a cold, penetrating stare?
Sleep on the plane? Use the bathroom? Talk to others?
This is just some of the information that federal air marshals collect on thousands of regular US citizens under a secret, domestic surveillance program.

Welcome to the Quiet Skies
By Jana Winter
July 28, 2018

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Awful flight down to Madrid, who sits in front of me, but the Venezuelan lady who I sacked for not being able to get in the office before 10am. She's now working for one of our clients, oh dear. It's even worse than that, I sat by the emergency exit and this was one where they had taken the seat in front of me out, so had to look at her the whole flight. Next to me was this idiot SJW English soy boy and his Spanish girlfriend. He started ''Mansplaining'' to her that she was an anti-feminist and it was over something about an App having a female name and that it should be gender neutral. He then lectured her that even if it upset only 2 people in a million the rules of the game that it should be gender neutral. I would have thought a young man that age should be agitating a lot more than 2 people in a million, but then again this contrived SJW nonsense is great for creating a docile class of weaklings to manipulate and do over. Quite a good move by the liberal elites. Later when she interrupted him he curtly replied ''Do you mind, I am reading!'' She'll be ditching that hypocritical dick head soon enough.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
You should have asked for her number.
Never interrupt in a boy and girl fight. Besides I was trying my best to hide from the lady in front of me I had sacked. I didn't actually say ''Hello'' or anything. If I was younger man now, I reckon I would be prime steak for the ladies compared to the competition. I reckon I would be more successful now than then. I'm talking about 17-25 or so.

LelandJ

Chicken Testicle Enthusiast
Ratings
They admonished me yesterday for having too much tomato in my lamb shank carry on lunch, surprisingly they let me keep it.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
The Dash 8 plane has no air conditioning. I remember this from the last trip to Hartford. They had to move a portable air conditioner to make it "humane" as the gate agent said. Last time I flew down there it was hot and the pilot said as we climb, it'll get cooler. Was the cabin even pressurized?

I am also standing in front of an Indian family of four who decided to sit in a semi circle. Kids are on ther ipads and mother is gladly showing her hair ass crack to me. I may ask to get on first and roast myself to avoid that sight alone.

ballmouse

Ratings
How did I just now discover this thread? I fly on average once every 2 or 3 weeks.

Had what I thought would be a short flight from NY to Norfolk a few months ago. Unfortunately I was in the cattle class seated next to a large African lady who 1) had a body like Clayface and completely overtook the armrest and 2) would not cover her mouth when she coughed every minute. I got sick the next day.

Flying Air Canada now and the transfer at Montreal International is horrible. I swear it's a half mile walk or more to transfer between the US and Canada terminals. Most of my flights leave a ~2 hour layover, but these Air Canada flights have been late every time and I had to stay overnight. The Marriott in the airport is nice, but it's at the opposite end of the Air Canada gates which again must be at least half a mile. How the hell does anyone design an airport that you still have to walk half a mile to get where you need to go?

ballmouse

Ratings
Work. By which I mean sitting around doing very little because even pseudo-government companies are incredibly inefficient at making you work.

And eating lots of hot dogs. Every night at the Barking Dog in Hampton was a good night.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Work. By which I mean sitting around doing very little because even pseudo-government companies are incredibly inefficient at making you work.

And eating lots of hot dogs. Every night at the Barking Dog in Hampton was a good night.
Sod off. I'm at Holiday Inn East Hartford. East means there is nothing here. No bartender so the staff pour sweet American wine or beer. I'm eating and/or drinking in the breakfast lounge. Room service abruptly ended when I checked in at 1500. It restarted at 1700. I got an Uber to hit one of the few bars across the river that actually open past 2100.

You want worse you should try Amelia, Ohio. That's like drilling an ice pick into the side of your head. Running across six lane roads because O'Gradys closed at 2200.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
That said besides dripping sweat on my lapels when I dozed off on take off I am quite happy with my Dash 8 flight delayed by 20-30 minutes. I am just worried alcohol service will be withdrawn when they go to an even smaller plane when I return Wednesday night.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings

Barking Dog is solid. We keep the yacht down the street at Bluewater Marine, I will grab lunch there when we put it in the water sometime. Did you stay in Hampton? Venture is a good spot for dinner, and Marker 20 is the drunk sailors bar.

ballmouse

Ratings
No, Newport News. Unfortunately, I'm no longer working there so I won't be able to check out those spots. But if they ever want me to return, I'll keep those spots on my radar.

Top Bottom