Apple, Android, Smart & Dumbphones - The Mobile Thread

yes, some, but before you could at least press the home button if you needed to.

It's a revenue opportunity. You need to buy an iGlove. It's coming soon - you'll see. Colours can be selected so they can coordinate with your mobile.

yes, some, but before you could at least press the home button if you needed to.

Touch ID would not work and unless you wore those special gloves that allow you to use the touch screen you wouldn't have been able to type in your password either.

it was a comment on Apple's horseshit insistence that they, in fact, are looking out for you and your privacy. they don't give a fuck about you.

Except if you spend a little time reading about what's really going on it doesn't indicate that at all.

wow, Google REALLY shit the bed today. They tried to make an iPhone clone and came up short, yet priced it the same as an iPhone. I don't understand how they misread the market this badly. People were clamoring for a new Nexus 5 but they gave them something else entirely that was almost 75% more expensive. I read this list on SD today and thought it caught the vibe pretty well:

Google made a list of everything they could do wrong, and proceeded to do it -

- try to copy iPhone looks, the white color vs black for all previous Nexus devices, the ugly circular icons
- copy iPhone pricing exactly
- remove wireless charging, remove Front stereo speakers
- add a massive bezel that does absolutely nothing
- make the XL even smaller than the 6 and 6P
- make sure to offer it on a single US carrier, make sure its locked on that as well
- not promise updates beyond 2 years
- get rid of the Nexus branding and all its goodwill and loyalty
- add no new features (oh I forgot, stupid VR)

Really the ONLY good thing about these phones is unlimited backup on Photos. You can get a Axon 7, Moto, Note 7, LG, OnePlus 3 pretty much every Android phone is just as good or better and will get updates, be supported and have more features. And have better resale.

Resale for a Verizon exclusive phone? Who would buy a CDMA mobile? (Pixel)

I am really starting to hate this iPhone 7. I never have the piece of shit headphone adapter with me.

Ask Santa..oh wait..ask the nine candles for the wireless one.

Ask Santa..oh wait..ask the nine candles for the wireless one.
i'm trying out wireless headphones now. but those are for indoors. i stash a cheap pair in the center console of the car but i can't fucking use them. very aggravating.

Lately my iPad Air 2 has been stuck on landscape mode. I need to shut it off and turn it on for it to respond again. I honestly only use it for Safari, the default video player, Kindle, and a sleep tracking app. I always get this suspicion every iOS update makes the basic functions even worse.

My iPhone 6S from work lost signal again yesterday. I don't usually pay much attention to it because it automatically latches on to our corporate wi-fi or my wi-fi at my parents' house but on the bus I noticed it said No Service. Luckily I wasn't waiting for a call but again I had to shut it off and turn it on because playing around with the Cellular part of Settings didn't do anything. I feel like I went back a decade when mobile phones often had "no signal". Perhaps I can use this excuse to dodge tasks at work.

Lately my iPad Air 2 has been stuck on landscape mode. I need to shut it off and turn it on for it to respond again. I honestly only use it for Safari, the default video player, Kindle, and a sleep tracking app. I always get this suspicion every iOS update makes the basic functions even worse.

My iPhone 6S from work lost signal again yesterday. I don't usually pay much attention to it because it automatically latches on to our corporate wi-fi or my wi-fi at my parents' house but on the bus I noticed it said No Service. Luckily I wasn't waiting for a call but again I had to shut it off and turn it on because playing around with the Cellular part of Settings didn't do anything. I feel like I went back a decade when mobile phones often had "no signal". Perhaps I can use this excuse to dodge tasks at work.
Is the rotation lock on?

Does anyone on Android ever use a browser other than Chrome? Getting a bit tired of all the assistive features of storing my favourites and synchronizing with the PC especially since I barely use any Google products.

google is getting like fucking apple and wanting to know everything about you and to control/assist with everything and locking down any customisation. I use Opera mini occasionally

Why do people suggest running virus scanners and other PC like oddities on Android mobiles? I've never seen anyone suggest that for iOS.

Why do people suggest running virus scanners and other PC like oddities on Android mobiles? I've never seen anyone suggest that for iOS.
because there are actually android viruses. they're usually only present if you use cracked software, but they are out there.

I heard on the radio that the next iOS version will have theatre mode so you can shut off sounds and dim the screen automatically in a cinema. When will Apple put in a toilet mode to prevent people from using their mobile when using the facilities?

I heard on the radio that the next iOS version will have theatre mode so you can shut off sounds and dim the screen automatically in a cinema. When will Apple put in a toilet mode to prevent people from using their mobile when using the facilities?

SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Okay the worst are the people who take voice calls whilst in a stall. I hear their ringer go off and a hello. What could be worth the embarrassment of letting the other person on the line hear a grunt, toilet flush of worse?

Okay the worst are the people who take voice calls whilst in a stall. I hear their ringer go off and a hello. What could be worth the embarrassment of letting the other person on the line hear a grunt, toilet flush of worse?
That's abhorrent

Anyone using an Android drawing/painting program app thingo? After seeing Hockneys work the other day I am keen to get one but don't know which one. Free is best to try

I've got one of these awful Samsung mobiles, 8 million useless apps, Android malarkey and stuff opening on its own accord. Never again.

Nokia Android mobile

_93312471_whatsubject.jpg

Nokia returns again...

I just figured out putting my mobile in battery saving mode makes it charge faster. I wish I knew that 90 minutes ago.

I thought all Google Android mobiles used Google Play store, or I guess alternatively Amazon store. My father brought home a Huawei Mate and it has its own store. Yesterday I was searching for Microsoft stuff and they also have a store you can download from the Google Play store. A store within a store? That's a bit strange isn't it?

I've got a Huawei and I can't make it install apps on SD card. So I keep running out of app space

Okay my father finally switched it to Google Play store. He won't get updates on his default Huawei apps like ringing for a taxi in China - not that he could read any of it. It was a gift but still dodgy.

I need help with my tablet.
I use Chrome as the tablet browser. I used to be able to simply email myself, or anyone else, a url I was interested in or found an article I wanted to file and keep on my proper computer.

In the last month or so when I select SHARE instead of allowing me to email the URL it converts the page to..pdf and then offers no mail option only save. I assume it's some, stupid fucking update/improvement but I can't find anyway to revert.

Any ideas?

I need help with my tablet.
I use Chrome as the tablet browser. I used to be able to simply email myself, or anyone else, a url I was interested in or found an article I wanted to file and keep on my proper computer.

In the last month or so when I select SHARE instead of allowing me to email the URL it converts the page to..pdf and then offers no mail option only save. I assume it's some, stupid fucking update/improvement but I can't find anyway to revert.

Any ideas?
Android or apple? Have you tried a different browser? If so, which one, and what happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom