Ask A Quick Question

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Left thumbs up.
Right thumbs down. Looks too much like a typical preppy outfit.

In post #4,877, I may go for a solid shirt with one of those ties.
Aye, I would have gone with the look on the left with a repp tie when I was in my full-on Ivy phase. The one on the right would be okay if the shirt s a bit more pink. But I wouldn't sport pink at an interview, I had a bad experience with this once.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
Left thumbs up.
Right thumbs down. Looks too much like a typical preppy outfit.

In post #4,877, I may go for a solid shirt with one of those ties.
Thanks. Appreciated and I see what you mean. I like the moleskin jacket and flannel trousers together- but repp tie is too much. I’ll try some different shirts.

Right looks good - NO to left. Rule no 23 - No Solid Colour ties unless highly textured.
Ok. I have cheap green grenadine I bought for that jacket.

Those options are for an interview?
No. Just meetings.

Last edited:

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Ratings
Tweed trousers and tweed coats worn together as separates

I am really keen on wearing 22oz tweed trousers with a tweed coat (not a suit) next winter.

1). Is it possible to wear tweed separates and make it work?
2). How about a dark blue windowpane trouser with a solid olive tweed or herringbone coat?
3). Or a dark gray solid tweed trouser with a reddish pattern tweed coat?

Shooey

sirloin

Ratings

I am really keen on wearing 22oz tweed trousers with a tweed coat (not a suit) next winter.

2). How about a dark blue windowpane trouser with a solid olive tweed or herringbone coat?

Shooey
1) Sure.
2) I don´t think so.
3) Sounds ok to me.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Ratings

Shooey
#1 sure you can wear tweed separates. Especially if you are going with a bolder thicker tweed jacket as I would think you would be. I do it. I have several pairs of donegal tweed trousers that come off as solid from afar and the nepps work nicely as they are subtle. Solid herringbones too. Olive is a great colour for a tweed trouser. They are a lighter weight tweed compared to buy jackets but you could go with comparable weight in this type of outfit.

#2 I'd reverse it to a dark blue windowpane tweed jacket and solid/herringbone olive trousers. Still can pull off burgundy or oxblood shoos with that outfit.

#3 for sure.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
What’s a decent face lotion and cleaner for a weather-beaten, increasingly wrinkly mug? No BS, just a basic regime that does something.
The Clinique range is about the best. Being of the Kojak variety it's essential, to keep my nut well oiled, but also for the face as well. The Maximum Hydrator water gel is ideal.

prince nez

Supporter
Ratings
Does anyone know where I can get a well fitting, plain , zip through hoodie in Australia, ideally Melbourne that is somewhat light weight? It has to look stylish, though I easily get too hot in thick heavyweight hoodies. I'm a slightly athletic build, though it's clear I'm a bit of a foodie.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Ratings
i bought a pair of common projects desert boots with crepe soles, not sure if there is anything i can do to make the soles/heels last longer.
Not really. Crepe is decent for longevity unless you pronate/supinate and wear down heels and/or the outer edges.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Does anyone know where I can get a well fitting, plain , zip through hoodie in Australia, ideally Melbourne that is somewhat light weight? It has to look stylish, though I easily get too hot in thick heavyweight hoodies. I'm a slightly athletic build, though it's clear I'm a bit of a foodie.
Yr in melbourne?

Noob

Ratings
Recently back from a trip to France. Does anyone know what suit brands Parisian men are wearing these days? I liked the conservative colors and trim fits. Thank you.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
34c, humidex 42c. How do you gents not sweat in a lightweight suit and tie with a tumi travel bag walking a block?

Should I take my jacket off? And carry it over my forearm like the others do?

Top Bottom