Cop Tyranny Thread

A bloke impersonates a policeman and pulls over a speeding driver. His car has police lights and all. Cute.

I remember when l was at school, some of the guys would drive around in a car with a police light on the car and pull cars over and give them warnings. :problemo: This was the typical police car in the 70's, they had the same light that was a magnet that you could place on the top of the car.
Policer car 1970's 1.jpg Policer car 1970's 2.jpg

Yes, much lower than the vast majority of people expect.

I've read a number of articles over the past couple of years where officers from various US police forces are shown these figures, and they are surprised - they consider that their job is actually more dangerous than it is, and that then influences the way that they act, such as shooting people because they perceive that they are reaching for weapons only to then discover that they are unarmed.
2021 police deaths preliminary data:

An interesting tweet:

Here's one of the articles referenced in the tweet:

Any officer will tell you that being shot, stabbed or run over are all risks that come with their job, but not since 1930 have as many officers died in the line of duty as in 2021, according to a new report by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.

Our country has lost 458 people that voluntarily signed up to do a job, said Troy Anderson.

You have to read through a fair bit of the article, and do some analysis, to realise that despite the talk of "55% increase in line of duty deaths" and risk of injury from violence and so on, fully two-thirds of those 458 deaths were due to COVID.

-when the officers shot a passing car, which according to the charging documents was not involved in a shooting about a block away from the football stadium

-The three officers were equipped with body cameras, but Devaney was not wearing his that night and Dolan and Smith did not turn on their manually activated cameras, according to court documents.

^^^
this reflects the mood of aussie right now. Respect for police has really fallen off since Covid. Police are more viewed as trouble makers and bullies instead of being seen as the protectors of the people. This video demonstrates that very clearly.

^^^
this reflects the mood of aussie right now. Respect for police has really fallen off since Covid. Police are more viewed as trouble makers and bullies instead of being seen as the protectors of the people. This video demonstrates that very clearly.
There's a lot going on there and the loss of respect for the police is the prime one. Once you lose the Peel principle of policing by consent you have a problem - everyone. They've brought it on themselves, same as in the UK. But you do have big differences between states, police forces and cities as regards lockdowns and policing them.

There's a lot going on there and the loss of respect for the police is the prime one. Once you lose the Peel principle of policing by consent you have a problem - everyone. They've brought it on themselves, same as in the UK. But you do have big differences between states, police forces and cities as regards lockdowns and policing them.

The police don't know how to handle people these days. The police are also making things unnecessarily hard these days. They wanted to visit the owner of the restuarant, but why? When they visit people these days they often want to make threats and make things difficult.

These days you avoid police at all costs, because when these people turn up it means that things often get complicated and trouble ensues.

Of course we can't just blame police, it is a combination of factors.

Last edited:
Yeah...I got that. The mask thing is ridiculous.

Masks help us on shoulder to shoulder rush hour subways designed in the past century or for New Yorkers and Londoners the one before. Or not...

-"I was embarrassed by what I did," Evans said during the hearing. "I was tired. I was broken. I wanted to be home with my family."

WTF?

Last edited:

-"I was embarrassed by what I did," Evans said during the hearing. "I was tired. I was broken. I wanted to be home with my family."

WTF?
I was tired and I wanted to be home, beating on my wife instead of some stranger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom