Domestic & International Terrorism

That's because he didn't inform the loans company that he had left the course, that's his responsibility, not the University.

And yes, I did read the article, and its a non-story.

If you were running a loan company, would you really leave it up to the benefactor of that loan to inform you? Seems a bit backwards. And stupid. And open to rampant fraud.

Fraud like this is a non-story, great... you must love taxes and don't care where the money goes. In this instance, money fraudulently gotten went directly to a paying for a muslim terrorist's bomb.

But it's a non-story.

Big concert in Manchester at the weekend.
About 2 thirds of the acts are American/ Canadian.
I expect a lot of virtue signalling and hash tags.
Free tickets for the "survivors" of the Manchester attack. Not sure the ones that actually were near the bomb want to (or can) go.

Meanwhile: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40118865

Manchester One Love concert: 'Thousands make false ticket claims'
More than 10,000 "unscrupulous" people have falsely claimed they were at the scene of the Manchester attack in order to get free tickets for Sunday's benefit concert, Ticketmaster has said.

Sunday's concert - One Love Manchester - is expected to raise £2m for the victims and their families.

Douglas Murray again The Spectator, one of the few dissenting voices who can still get on mainstream current affairs and mainstream discussion panels in the UK:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/...where-time-change-response-islamic-extremism/

Last Sunday, I appeared on the BBC’s Sunday Politics to discuss the aftermath of the Manchester attack. I said what I thought, and various Muslim groups promptly went bananas.

This was not caused by my suggestion that this country should finally crack-down on British officials who spend their retirements working as shills for the House of Saud. Nor by my ridiculing of that modern European tradition whereby someone blows us up and we respond by singing John Lennon songs (and now Oasis too). Rather they objected to my simple two-word suggestion that we could all do with ‘less Islam’.

In a short film preceding the studio discussion, I mentioned that countries like Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic have very little Islam and very little Islamic terror. By contrast, France has a great amount of Islam and a great amount of Islamic terror. To most people it would seem obvious – to co-opt the immortal words of Donatella Versace – that ‘more means more’. Because although many communities are capable of producing extremists, only Islamic communities produce Islamic extremists. Of course some people don’t want to accept this fact. Not least because informed choices might result. For instance, it might help us weigh up the ongoing cultural benefits of large-scale Islamic immigration versus the down-side of dozens of obliterated lives every now and then.

If I were a Muslim I would like to think that I would be seriously ashamed about all this, and spend my time – like Sara Khan and a few other noble souls – trying to deal with my community’s problems rather than covering them over. Sadly – for reasons about which I dare not speculate – many of the most vocal Muslim groups in Britain have other priorities. Since last Sunday, various Muslim groups and individuals have made complaints against me, including promises to report me to the police. My old friend Mehdi Hasan used Twitter to attack the ‘taxpayer-funded impartial BBC for airing that’ and claimed that my two words were advocating ‘ethnic cleansing’. Of course Mehdi works for the non-independent, Qatari government-owned Al-Jazeera. A broadcaster that thinks it perfectly acceptable to promote his programmes with the use of Nazi-style anti-Semitic images like this.

But so it is that various Muslims and Muslim groups who have spent recent years urging British Muslims not to cooperate with the UK authorities on counter-terrorism are now keenly urging Muslims to complain about me to any and all authorities. A telling set of priorities, I would say.

In any case, what I really wanted to open up in that short segment was an oddity of our now 16-year old response to Islamic terror. For over that time we have essentially adopted the argument of the Muslim Brotherhood and similar groups for whom the answer to absolutely everything is ‘Islam’. You have a problem? The answer is Islam. Something good has happened to you? The answer is Islam. You have a problem with Islam? The answer is Islam.

For a decade and a half the West has adopted this reasoning. If a group of men fly planes into the Twin Towers all the leaders of the free world rush to the local Islamic centre to extol the wonders of Islam. When a group of British Muslims blow up the London transport system the city’s police chiefs wave away the smoke and immediately extol the peacefulness of Islam. And when a suicide bomber in Manchester blows up 22 young people as they leave a concert, the one thing nobody must say is that there is any connection whatsoever with Islam. The problem cannot be Islam. Yet the answer apparently always is.

Personally I dislike this indecent over-compensation and would like rather less of it. I dislike the fact that before the victims’ bodies have been identified in the morgue the local police are at the local mosque for a group hug and photo. I dislike the politicians who, only hours after another Islamist atrocity, talk about how great it is that the violence has ‘brought us together’, so distracting attention from the bodies that have been blown apart. Of course it is a sickness of a sort – one which I have recently written about at some length. And all the symptoms are ongoing.

Consider the reaction last week on Question Time when an audience member, who happened to have the triple disadvantages of being white, male and not being young, waved an anti-Western leaflet he said had been handed out at an open day at the Didsbury mosque where Salman Abedi worshipped. This significant revelation mainly attracted awkward shuffling. By contrast, a young woman in a headscarf in the audience immediately dismissed the man’s leaflet as probably not from the mosque and in any case ‘taken out of context’. Along with the programme’s chair, David Dimbleby, she implied it was possible the man had made the leaflet up himself, leaving the poor man spluttering, waving his leaflet and clearly wondering why he wouldn’t be believed. Well he can join the rest of the non-Muslim nation (and the few actual reformers) in that club.

For the foreseeable future there remains little place for such people in the nation’s narrative. If the bomber is the problem, then his mosque has to be the answer. It’s the same everywhere: Don’t look back in anger, just forward in blind, bovine hope.

For instance, still nobody wants to ask what responsibility should be apportioned to Salford University where the Manchester bomber was recently a student. There seems very little interest in the fact that the Vice Chancellor when Abedi entered the university (Martin Hall) was vocally opposed to the UK government’s only counter-extremism strategy, which encourages people to report signs of radicalisation among students (see, for instance, here) Nor does anyone seem very interested in the fact that the current President of the Student Union – Zamzam Ibrahim – has a very interesting set of views. And not just that she has spent her time ‘representing’ Salford’s students by campaigning against the government’s only counter-extremism strategy. Ms Ibrahim has spent recent days deleting and making private various of her online profiles. Though not fast enough. Among the questions this enlightened young woman was asked on her now-deleted ask.fm profile was ‘Can there be friendship between a man and a woman’. Her short answer: ‘NO. More interesting is her answer to the question ‘What’s the one book you think everyone should be required to read?’ Her answer:

‘The Quraan [sic], We would have an Islamic takeover!’

All of which points to many specific questions and one overriding one: Why don’t we want to know? Why must the man waving the leaflet be the liar, and the mosque be innocent and the activities of officials like Martin Hall and Zamzam Ibrahim be of no interest? Has our society got zero interest in working out what might produce people like Abedi? The fact is – once again – that we may ask the question but we don’t want to hear the answer. Because if what all these things suggest is true then we could be in serious trouble. Perhaps we are.

It's going to be more difficult to wriggle out of this one and sustain the narrative: worrying tide of Islamophobia, something about a lone wolf (but this time in a large pack), part and parcel of life in a city, he was a good religious boy down at the mosque up until last year, then he turned bad because of all the western interference in Muslim countries, home grown British lads who liked football, someone reported him to Prevent honest we did! Queue photographs of the local heads of police down at the mosque kissing the ass of the imam and stories in the press about Muslim heroes saving lives after the attack.

Nothing less than hot pursuit and extra judicial shoot to kill policies for all those involved in plots at early stages will protect Europe from the jihad scourge. Or you could be sensible like Poland and Hungary and refuse to take any refugees or accept massive third world immigration from Muslim countries.

We are in deep trouble and civil war is looming, so all the BS that the answer to everything is more Islam, has to stop and stop now. We want less Islam, less progressive platitudes about diversity and we want the superiority of western civilization to be reasserted, by any means necessary.

Still, if there's one thing positive to come out of it, the police have a good excuse to man up on their 24/7 monitoring of Katy Hopkins Twitter feed.

I'm impressed, Sky News has gone straight into deflection mode this morning, lecturing us on hate crimes against minorities and the need for the police to come down hard on Twitter and Facebook comments. More death rattles from the legacy media.

Last edited:
This one seems to be particularly nasty. I used to live near that area, and that market is usually very busy. Apparently they ran around from pub to pub, stabbing and slashing throats inside. Could've been me in a different time.

I used to regularly drink in The Wheatsheaf when Borough Market was empty in the evenings and it was a quiet refuge from The City. I have had breakfast and a pint downstairs in the Southwark Tavern in the days when there was a particularly pointless and tiresome work day ahead of me. Smithfield wa better for breakfast though.

Any calls for a "state of emergency" yet? Was rejected last time (only 2 weeks ago), but I'm sure after this one the calls will be louder and more numerous. And heard.
You would think that this would harm Corbyn with his stance on immigration, but it will likely hurt May more, since her campaign motto is "a strong leader for Britain"!

Well, what can you expect when folks like these walk around a Western capital:

027E3A5700000578-3544846-image-a-1_1460931646437.jpg

Any calls for a "state of emergency" yet? Was rejected last time (only 2 weeks ago), but I'm sure after this one the calls will be louder and more numerous. And heard.
You would think that this would harm Corbyn with his stance on immigration, but it will likely hurt May more, since her campaign motto is "a strong leader for Britain"!
UK Prime Minister Theresa May calls for internet regulations following London attacks
May: Extremists need to be deprived of their online ‘safe spaces’

'At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is "no reason to be alarmed!"'

Donald J. Trump

Sadiq Khan( the terrorists friend). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-raise-doubts-suitability-London-s-mayor.html

LiveLeak-dot-com-988_1496542562-ots_1496542808_png_resized.png

Because internet controls prevent someone from renting a van and buying a kitchen knife? It's awful she's using this as an excuse.

It's a good idea to take down jihad and Islamic supremacist stuff. I agree. But if it is used to target the Rebel Media, Stefan Molyneux, Pat Condell, et al of this world, then I am against it. It has to be targeted against the real enemy.

I liked PM's May comment about we now need to have embarrassing conversations. Yes, that Emperor Has No Clothes moment can be quite embarrassing.

But if it is used to target the Rebel Media, Stefan Molyneux, Pat Condell, et al of this world, then I am against it. It has to be targeted against the real enemy.

I'm afraid it will be the former. Social media platforms (in Germany) block or take down/ close accounts that are deemed "hateful" already, even though they are stating just the obvious. Which is why people look for new and better ways to communicate without government intervention. In the meantime only the really important stuff like Kim Kardashian's outfit or some other stupid gossip will be the only thing "discussed" on social media. That and cat videos.

BBC Today programme. Announcer told to ask whether Trump will be banned from the UK.

Why? For criticising the Muslim mayor for his sanguine approach to protecting the people of London.

Sadiq Khan has made a living out of defending these types of people with a particular focus on cases against the police. On his track record, you Londoners knew exactly what you were getting, in fact, I believe that's what attracted you to him. His apologist suck-it-up response is exactly in character and his lack of honesty should not surprise any decent human being. He is part of the problem and will offer no solution, other than the answer is more Islam and nothing to do with it.

As Douglas Murray has said, the chance of a soft landing with Islam has been missed. I believe the chance was lost at the time of the Rushdie affair when we should have made it clear that FIFO was the order of the day. So let's take the hard and harsh path forward.

More sense from Gad Saad:

You have to remember the Foreign Office and secret services are full of Arab loving T.E. Lawrence types, for sure they've been and likely still are up to their anus deep in intrigue and baksheesh. But even these types should know by now, you can rent an Arab, but you can't own one.

Nevertheless, whether they're on the payroll or you're sponsoring them to do things, it is very clear that merely having them around is an unacceptable risk for we are all just another kaffir's slit throat on the road to the global caliphate.

Why you wanna' get crazy with me, don't you know I am a loco convert! Lauren Booth sent out to blame it all on the police, drugs and not being able to vote (er, even though those over 18 do have vote). Take a good look at her, this is what they want our daughters to look like, at the more liberal end of the progressive spectrum. We need to collectively rage against this. The MSM giving her a platform are equally complicit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4573290/Lauren-Booth-claims-DRUGS-not-Islam-blame.html

Meanwhile over on Facebook the clear and overwhelming evidence that Islamic terrorism is very Islamic indeed, must be denied and those who voice this banned:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oves-Jewish-leader-s-video-London-attack.html

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2017/0...-arabia-will-collapse-into-oblivion.html#more

"The GCC States Led By Saudi Arabia Will Collapse Into Oblivion"
Emboldened by U.S. backing Saudi Arabia launched a campaign to finally subjugate Qatar into client state status. The plan has now reached a high point. A few hours ago Bahrain, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia severed all ties with Qatar.

All sea- and airspace have been closed for Qatari traffic and the land-routes severed. All Qataris will have to leave those countries within 14 days. Qatari diplomats were given just 48 hours.

The immediate consequences are huge. Some 37 million passengers cross through Doha each year. But Qatar Airways now has to fly through Iranian, Iraqi and Turkish airspace to reach Europe. (If the situation persists the UAE owned Emirates Airways will likely order a huge bunch of new planes.) Half of the food in Qatar comes via Saudi Arabia through Qatar's only land border. 600-800 trucks per day can no longer pass. The 19 flights per day between Doha and Dubai are called off. Oil prices rose some 1.6% and the Qatari stock exchange tanked.

gccmap.jpg

The reasons for the immediate spat are manifold. It has only little to do with Iran.

The Saudis accuse Qatar of supporting terrorists. That is like Britain accusing the U.S. of imperialism, or the mafia cutting ties with the mob over gangsterism. As Joe Biden remarked (vid) when still Vice President, both Wahhabi countries, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, have been funding and fueling terrorism in Syria, Iraq and elsewhere. But the Saudi view is that the more "liberal" Qatar is simply supporting the "wrong" kind of terrorists.

intensified its relations with other producers and customers in the Gulf region and beyond.

More local and personal dimensions of the spat include many intermarriages and competitions between Saudi and Qatari tribes and families. There are rumors that significant tribal groups in the Saudi's Najd desert, especially the al-Tamim, have recently renewed their ties to Qatar under its current emir Prince Tamim Bin Hamad al-Thani. This was an "in your face" for the al-Sauds.

Oman and Kuwait have taken no position in the fight and try to mediate. Turkey is allied with Qatar but has stayed suspiciously quiet. There is a new defense agreement between Qatar and Turkey promising Turkish support if Qatar is attacked. The Turkish military has a base in Qatar with some 600 soldiers. A huge share of foreign investment in Turkey has come from Qatar. The Turkish and Qatari government coordinate tightly in their common support for al-Qaeda and other Takfiris in the war on Syria.

The current standoff between Qatar and other Arab countries in the Gulf Cooperation Council were enabled by the Trump administration:

Whereas the Obama administration sought to enhance U.S. engagement with the GCC as a bloc, Trump focused instead on Saudi Arabia and the UAE as the twin pillars of its regional approach. Strong bonds reportedly have formed between Trump’s adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner and Mohammed bin Salman in Saudi Arabia as well as Yusuf al-Otaiba, the influential UAE ambassador in Washington.
Key principals within the Trump administration, such as Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and CIA Director Mike Pompeo, hold views on Iran and the Muslim Brotherhood that are virtually indistinguishable from those in Riyadh and Abu Dhabi.

Trump fell into a Saudi-Israeli trap. The Pentagon hawks have dreamed of an "Arab NATO" to fight Iran. The envisioned "Arab NATO" may soon have its first war but it will be against one of its members. The (not-satanic) "Orb" show and the unlimited U.S. support for Saudi Arabia have exacerbated the fissures within the GCC and will hinder any common operations.

The U.S. military has huge interests in Qatar and other Gulf countries. Al-Udeid in Qatar is the biggest U.S. airbase in the Middle East. It is also the forward headquarter of the U.S. Central Command with some 10,000 U.S. soldiers and leads the fight against ISIS. The U.S. Navy fifth fleet is hosted in nearby Bahrain which has now declared a cold war with Qatar. Any spat or difficulty between the Gulf countries hinders U.S. military operations.

In Washington an intense Saudi and UAE lobbying campaign against Qatar has been ongoing for months. A Saudi lobbyist threatened the Qatari ruler with the "same fate as Egypt's Morsi". In a reprisal hacked emails between the UAE ambassador Yusuf al-Otaiba and Israeli lobbying organizations in Washington were recently published. The documents show that the Zionist lobby organization "Foundation for the Defense of Democracy" is advising the dictatorship of the UAE on how to fight the dictatorship of Qatar.

At the end of the "orb" show the Saudis and the U.S. pushed a document declaring various organizations and Iran "terrorist supporters." Qatar refused to sign it. Saudi clerics then declared that the Qatari al-Thani rulers are no longer considered to be "part of the Abdel Wahhab clan". That takes away the Wahhabi rulers religious legitimacy.

Qatar had tried to calm the situation down. It announced that six of its soldiers had been wounded while fighting for the Saudis near Yemen. It expelled a few Hamas leaders from the country. A mediator was sent to Kuwait - so far to no avail.

The extreme bullying of Qatar by the Saudis and the UAE, with total closure of all its borders, is designed to create an immediate capitulation. So far Qatar holds onto its course but in the end it is likely to fold. It will have to stop its support for "terrorism" i.e. the Muslim Brotherhood. Another scenario is a putsch in Doha with some Saudi puppet prepared to take over the realm. If that is unsuccessful a military move could follow. Qatar has little capabilities to withstand a potential Saudi invasion.

For Iran this is a chance to further blow up the GCC by intensifying its relations with Qatar. It could increase its food exports to the country and host Qatar airline flights. This in exchange for a Qatari retreat from Syria. The U.S./Saudi plan of confronting Iran through the GCC would then be in complete jeopardy.

Khomeni.jpg

The Imam says: "More popcorn please."

No matter how the spat with Qatar ends, the GCC unity has (again) been exposed as a sham. It can not be repaired. Saudi "leadership" is shown to be just brutal bullying and will be resisted. U.S. plans for a united GCC under Saudi leadership and U.S. control are in shambles.

The linch pin of all this is the Saudi war on Yemen. The Saudis support the Hadi puppet government of Yemen and two years ago aligned the other Gulf states, including Qatar, to fight against the Houthi in north Yemen. They accuse the Houthi of receiving Iranian support. There is zero evidence for that claim. The war and the coalition have failed. Houthi resistance continues unabated. With Yemen sinking into a famine thanks to a Saudi border blockade and a Cholera epidemic rapidly extending, the war must come to a close. Kuwait, Oman and Qatar are talking with the Houthi in Sanaa. Last week troops from the UAE used helicopters to again fight Saudi supported militia around the southern airport in Aden. The U.S. and Britain urge for the war to end and, behind closed doors, threaten to withdraw their support for it. The Saudi under their new leadership overestimate their capabilities. So did Trump when he raised their role. The Saudi "apes with Macbooks" do not have the capabilities needed for a serious political actor in this world. Their money can paper over that for only so long.

The above all reminds of a prediction made nearly two years ago by a Yemeni lawyer in Sanaa :

@Bafana3
At the end of this war on #Yemen, the GCC states led by Saudi Arabia will collapse into oblivion. I do not know what will replace them.
9:29am · 15 Aug 2015

@Bafana3
At the end of this war on #Yemen, the GCC states led by Saudi Arabia will collapse into oblivion. I do not know what will replace them.
9:29am · 15 Aug 2015

Hopefully secular democracy, but failing that an absolute ruthless secular military junta who view Islam as an evolutionary dead end. Worse case scenario is chaos and ISIS type tribal war. Likely the latter if Libya, Syria and Iraq are anything to go by. The West can now live without this, the sooner the better. Then we can look internally for what needs to be done.

Lovely chaps:

https://www.gulfinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/From-US-Campuses-to-ISIS-Camps.pdf

To be fair, I do think the video of the police shooting to kill was a pretty good response and should be implemented as a new tactic countrywide, so I think change is on the way, but not with Khan:

Swedish women must be so lonely.

You know that's strange because I was reading an article about ex pats working in Scandinavian countries - reckon it was Sweden, and that high earning ex pats have a hard time dating anyone or participating in social outings in Sweden because they usually stick to their own kind. It's not that people aren't hospitable, but it's difficult to hook up and get yourself hitched.

There use to be a lot of mystique regarding the Scandinavian countries in the oil world. Those who had worked there would come back with tales of blonde haired goddesses from Norway who would ask you did you want to screw them. And they were all long tall blue eyed stunners who just wanted to fuck. So the belief was that the Scandinavian ladies were extremely forward. The other thing was that everyone was mega-rich and owned yachts, which turns out to be that yes, everyone were mortgaged up to the hilt with boats, but inclement weather meant you could only use them 6 weeks of the year!

Reality of course, like everything, is somewhat different. But I use to think Norway and Sweden were somewhat exotic and wanted to get the chance to live and work there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom