Famous People Who Died

Journeyman

Supporter
Ratings
Vale, Niki.

Only 70, too - but then I suppose having your lungs ruined when breathing in blazing fuel could well shorten a person's lifespan...

I thought that Daniel Bruhl did an absolutely fantastic job of portraying Niki Lauda in "Rush".

This is possibly my favourite scene:

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
He was one of those influencers who didn't really do that much, but he did outlive his contemporary Tom Jobim. Being old with money problems in Rio is definitely a bad end, even if you live to the grand old age of 88.
We are still talking about the man who composed the girl from ipanema and was the father of bossa Nova.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Jobin wrote the music another bloke wrote Portuguese lyrics and a different bloke wrote English lyrics.
I dunno where you get Tom Jobin.

Antonio Carlos Jobin is his name.

Jan Libourel

Ratings
^Interesting that he seemed quite old to me when he ran for president although he was only 62, a mere 12 years my senior. Nowadays, 62 seems almost youthful from my present vantage point!

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
^Interesting that he seemed quite old to me when he ran for president although he was only 62, a mere 12 years my senior. Nowadays, 62 seems almost youthful from my present vantage point!
I was surprised about that as well. I only have a vague memory of him but i had assumed he'd died already

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I was surprised about that as well. I only have a vague memory of him but i had assumed he'd died already
You assume or you wanted him dead?

I recall his rather annoying tone of voice. I also have no idea how he founded a technology company later bought by another Texan company baring someone else's namesake.

Top Bottom