Famous People Who Died

Herman Wouk, dead at 103.

Never read any of his books, but The Caine Mutiny with Humphrey Bogart - in his last role I believe - is a classic. Remember The Winds of War mini-series, a lot of expectation on that and buzz at the time. Probably awfully dated now.

Vale, Niki.

Only 70, too - but then I suppose having your lungs ruined when breathing in blazing fuel could well shorten a person's lifespan...

I thought that Daniel Bruhl did an absolutely fantastic job of portraying Niki Lauda in "Rush".

This is possibly my favourite scene:

I honestly only remember the name and none of the advertisements.
its all the same. he fucked thousands upon thousands out of their pensions but he's a great guy because we still have these piece of shit cars to buy.

He was one of those influencers who didn't really do that much, but he did outlive his contemporary Tom Jobim. Being old with money problems in Rio is definitely a bad end, even if you live to the grand old age of 88.

We are still talking about the man who composed the girl from ipanema and was the father of bossa Nova.

Jobin wrote the music another bloke wrote Portuguese lyrics and a different bloke wrote English lyrics.
I dunno where you get Tom Jobin.

Antonio Carlos Jobin is his name.

^Interesting that he seemed quite old to me when he ran for president although he was only 62, a mere 12 years my senior. Nowadays, 62 seems almost youthful from my present vantage point!

^Interesting that he seemed quite old to me when he ran for president although he was only 62, a mere 12 years my senior. Nowadays, 62 seems almost youthful from my present vantage point!
I was surprised about that as well. I only have a vague memory of him but i had assumed he'd died already

I was surprised about that as well. I only have a vague memory of him but i had assumed he'd died already

You assume or you wanted him dead?

I recall his rather annoying tone of voice. I also have no idea how he founded a technology company later bought by another Texan company baring someone else's namesake.

A former girlfriend of mine thought I looked like Rutger Hauer. Rather a nice compliment, but I never saw much of a resemblance.

Jeffrey Epstein: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/10/jeffrey-epstein-dead-prison-report-latest

Of course, the internet is alive with people claiming that it was a hit by the Clintons, by the Jews (why?!), by the British royal family, or by a myriad of others.

Whilst it is not a good idea to work on conjecture or listen to conspiracy theories, like with Jimmy Saville, this is a very strange case indeed, with more questions than answers and once again we cross over into the world of the psychic topography of William Burroughs: nothing is true, everything is permitted.

In the case of British royalty, Prince Andrew was up to his neck in it, at least on one trip. So to his ex-wife was leaving messages for Epstein. Interestingly, both Andrew and Fergie had a audience with Her Majesty the day before Epstein was found dead. And if you really want to start getting into voodoo alchemy magick perspectives on it, there's always David Ike. And remember the royal family were such oddities they brought in Jimmy Saville as marriage guidance counselor when Charles and Diana were getting divorced.

And how did he get that prestigious teaching job without any formal qualifications? Possibly a genius in physics which may explain everything his wealth.

And the Saudi passport, was he planning on doing an Idi Amin?

A lot of alleged paedos conveniently die before the **** hits the fan.

In the UK Leon Brittan and Grenville Janner. They both offer a Jewish connection too. Janner was a very big cheese in British Judaism.

Anyway, nothing like a good conspiracy theory. Far better than science fiction IMO. Please post here.

Anyway, nothing like a good conspiracy theory. Far better than science fiction IMO. Please post here.

Well, yes and no. In the case of that freaky bloated nurse, who's just got 8 years at Her Majestry's Pleasure, the Nonce Finder General and the para-military wing of The Guardian newspaper (i.e. the Police), they waited until those they accused were dead, or on death's door. A very cynical plot.

Then you have the actions against Cliff Richard. As all of those older Brits know, I mean older than millenials that have an awareness of gay history - he is part of that tradition that might actually be openly gay in private, but for ''decorum's sake'', live with their partner and call them their manager. That's what Noel Coward and Dirk Bogarde did. Cliff Richard is part of that tradition and he shouldn't be criticized for that considering male homosexuality was prohibited in the UK until 1967.

Peter Tatchel rallied against the hidden/private/double life gays in the late 80s and early 90s and went out of his way to expose closeted and private gays as part of the cause. Whilst a darling of the media back then, as one of the few gay rights activists to have sussed out the Islamist threat to gay culture in Europe, he's become a persona non grata amongst the MSM.

I believe the big outcry about ‘Nick’ who grassed up various individuals with unproven/false allegations is a convenient distraction technique. He was imprisoned - therefore the whole business is a tissue of lies.

Not so, in my opinion. Just a useful way to take the whole issue off the agenda again.

Peter Tatchell has always been a nuisance and his life should have been made a misery. Cliff Richard can do as he wishes but the BBC and cops colluding to spy on him for a news story is a legitimate cause for a legal action.

Last edited:
Peter Fonda. Seems early to pass away at 79 these days.

Smoking ciggies is a mugs game: you run that gauntlet of esophageal, bladder and lung cancers, only to be hit by chronic heart disease, having your legs cut off because of hardening of the arteries, emphysema and acceleration of asbestosis if you've been exposed to it.

It's the quality of life that deteriorates in heavy smokers, by the time the women are in the mid-thirties they already look in their fifties and I've never met heavy smokers who weren't plagued by ill health by the time they reached retirement age or very soon after it.

I replayed some of The Byrd’s stuff from his big movie.

I don’t think the way he died in the film was very likely. Hollywood stereotypes in my opinion.

The whole vibe, at least from Fonda's position, was that the movie was anti-Hollywood system.

I had the Easy Rider, Corgi branded motor bike with the hippy. Don't think anyone bought it for me, it just happened to be in my toy collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom