Improving DressedWell.net v2

how's the chat at the top of the main page? i thinned it out a bit so it wouldn't be so large. another option is in the sidebar but that's harder to find on mobile.

how's the chat at the top of the main page? i thinned it out a bit so it wouldn't be so large. another option is in the sidebar but that's harder to find on mobile.
Love it. I quit using before because I didn't feel like navigating to it.

alright kids, its time for our 1st half donation drive. if you appreciate the site being open please donate to its continued existence.

Registered Registered

Done!

Thanks for putting up with us, Rambo (well, the few of us that remain!).
direct actions gets the goods. you guys want more people to hang out here you have to put in the work to bring them over. everybody has to be completely fed up with styleforum at this point. the only thing keeping it going is the few diehards. so talk to them in the DM's, on social media, etc.. this place can only be great if you're all willing to put in the work to make it that way.

If I wasn't banned over there I would. I do fuck with a few of the old crowd on the Twitters though.

the coffers are running low and we need to re-up on a few software licenses. please donate if you haven't yet as your support keeps the lights on.

i plugged in an rss feed for one of the reddit clothing deal forums i watch. seems to be working well in so much as its picking up all the new threads. if you have any other deal sites you watch let us know and i can add them as well. i turned off the sub-forum's ability to show up in new posts so it shouldn't shit up your new post feed. let us know what you think.

I freaked out at first and thought the site was hacked or it was banner advertising, but I dig it.

Oh that's useful. It would be great to have a UK/Europe version of it (not that I know if it exists somewhere).

I stop by one forum, that has an aggregate of feeds from relevant blogs.
If I'm a regular reader of a blog I will sub in my own feedreader. But still usefull, to get an overview.

I stop by one forum, that has an aggregate of feeds from relevant blogs.
If I'm a regular reader of a blog I will sub in my own feedreader. But still usefull, to get an overview.
i was less interested in the blog aspect for "articles" or written pieces as I was sales alerts.

so its been a week or so. any more thoughts on the rss feed subforum? love it, hate it, want it moved somewhere else, etc.?

Registered Registered

I actually look at it daily. There are some good deals. Every time I see it I mis-read it as RSS feeds for sale and not sales.

I’d rather not have it appearing both at the top of the page and in Mens clothing too. Since it is always updated I think someone has posted something new vs just the RSS update.

I actually look at it daily. There are some good deals. Every time I see it I mis-read it as RSS feeds for sale and not sales.

I’d rather not have it appearing both at the top of the page and in Mens clothing too. Since it is always updated I think someone has posted something new vs just the RSS update.
trouble is we can't keep it under mens clothing without showing it as a part of mens clothing, as it were. so i can't keep it off the latest post in the forum. believe me, ive tried. if i move it to its own forum i can fix that but then i have it set to not appear in the new posts list, so you'd have to click on the forum for the rss feeds yourself.
Now I see, but I thought that was all spam, $20 bomber jackets and the likes.
Haha. I read that as spam too :cool:
come on guys, have a little faith. we haven't had spam since day one. i may not know what im doing in general but i know how to keep this place spam and advertisement free.

I think having it's own forum to click on might be good idea. Could try it anyway.

We turned on auto-linking of media. If you paste an image link in-line without using the media or image button it should automatically attach the correct tag type. If it doesnt please let us know.

Registered Registered

We turned on auto-linking of media. If you paste an image link in-line without using the media or image button it should automatically attach the correct tag type. If it doesnt please let us know.

Registered Registered

I don't know what any of this means.
Can I just copy paste from instagram now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom