Improving DressedWell.net v2

New forum upgrade is out and its a big release with a lot of changes. We're going to need to make some license renewals and new purchases to accommodate. Plus hostibg costs coming up. Our coffers are empty so please chip in whatever you can to keep us afloat.

Registered Registered Supporter Supporter

we just upgraded to the newest version of the forum software so you'll notice a few differences around. some cosmetic, some functional. if you have any questions feel free to ask. everything should work more or less the same way as before.

got the desktop chat shrunk down a bit. mobile is proving to be a bit trickier. please be patient on that front.

anything else that needs tweaking?

We could stop chatting. Then it'll be short. Like no testing, no coronavirus cases.

ok the new giphy integration is setup. there's now a GIF button in the toolbar and you should see it in all formats of the toolbar - mobile or otherwise. brings up a slick searchbox where you can look for whatever you want. for example:

giphy toolbar integration.jpg

Eeyore GIF by memecandy

It used to be possible to just click on the alerts to mark them now you have to mark them as read at the bottom of the list. Is there a way back?

It used to be possible to just click on the alerts to mark them now you have to mark them as read at the bottom of the list. Is there a way back?
Do you not see the mark read and unread buttons in your list?

Attachments

• A1E10186-5717-49C6-8941-4E0060C9EE69.png
    A1E10186-5717-49C6-8941-4E0060C9EE69.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 0
It used to be enougn to just click on the little red number but now I have to really click the mark read button(s).

It used to be enougn to just click on the little red number but now I have to really click the mark read button(s).
ah. yeah the dev decided to switch to the actual words as he was getting too many complaints about people turning off and then on and then off their alerts.

Registered Registered its time for me to put out the call to have everyone pitch in and keep the forum running. next quarter's expenses are right on the horizon and i'd love to get some money together to hire a designer to spruce up the place a bit. please consider chipping in if you haven't yet. every little bit helps as we run completely ad and sponsorship free.

Dear management, any chance of adding a 🥱 emoji?
sorry, just to be clear, did you mean you wanted to add this emoji as a reaction or into the smiley button? because its already there as an emoji you can use on the forum.

sorry, just to be clear, did you mean you wanted to add this emoji as a reaction or into the smiley button? because its already there as an emoji you can use on the forum.
I was hoping you could add some emojis here

8B1496D7-F8AC-460C-994A-B15F08C8A360.jpeg E5A48169-C4A9-432A-885B-18D59B858B99.jpeg

Can we do a three wise monkeys emoiji?

Enough already, the trolls like it, as it's an instant kick in the balls to their target.

We don’t need more negative emojis. If you don’t like the content of a post, either scroll on or give a reply explaining your reaction. Just shitting on each other for partisan points or whatever is pretty sad and deters newbies joining us

We don’t need more negative emojis. If you don’t like the content of a post, either scroll on or give a reply explaining your reaction. Just shitting on each other for partisan points or whatever is pretty sad and deters newbies joining us
Yes. We don't need a yawning one. That is cruel while the poop says more about the commenter than the original poster.

Next April, let’s rename the forum Daddyism, Daddy Well or Daddy Issues. Then each thread can follow suit: Suit Daddies, Shoo Daddies, Sock Daddies, Work Daddies, Tie Daddies, TV Daddies, Leather Daddies, Music Daddies, etc.

The new traffic from Google searches would be worth it alone.

ladies and gentleman this is your quarterly reminder that this forum runs SOLELY off of your donations. we do not collect a single penny from advertisements. i know times are tough right now but every dollar can help as costs rise on our end as well. please donate if you can.

Registered Registered

just renewed the forum software for another year. thanks to the generous donations from our users.

Registered Registered folks its our quarterly reminder that the site runs entirely upon your donations. your continued support is the only way this site will be able to continue. i know times are tough right now so whatever you can do to pitch in is entirely appreciated.

just renewed the forum hosting for another year

our funds are dwindling in the reserves. Registered Registered we've got a lot of new members here recently. if you guys can chip in anything, as little as $5, it helps. more is definitely better though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom