Is dressing well turning into a form of cosplay?

formby

Ratings
I've always though that Old Nick himself would be a creature of great style and charm. For how would he seduce otherwise?

I think Christian iconography has it wrong.

Jan Libourel

Ratings
Oh, I think Satan is often depicted in Christian comic books and tracts as handsome, elegant and charming. We all know the phrase "handsome devil," and he is also portrayed in song as "a man of wealth and taste."

Jan Libourel

Ratings
Oh, I don't think that Christian iconography is always wrong about that. After all, the Apostle says in 2 Corinthians 11,14 that Satan masquerades as an "angel of light," and in no few contemporary Christian comic books and tracts, he is depicted as elegant, handsome and charming. And he is described by the Stones as "a man of wealth and taste."

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Puffy jackets are ubiquitous here (and everywhere). Rich and poor have them. As well as the sensible middle class. And guess what .......... they are all Uniqlo. Even the rich wear them.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Ratings
I've always though that Old Nick himself would be a creature of great style and charm. For how would he seduce otherwise?
Apparently the `demon of greed' appears this way. He wears a dapper business suit. He is the most stylish of all the demons.

greed_demon.jpg

but if one has roving eyes of wild desire this green guy may become a part of you
Demon of lust.jpg

It's easy for humans to become controlled by these things. The wise ones always talked about ways to stay clear of these types of things. When desire has free reign we can unintentionally invite all types of things. Best to follow the advice of the `wise ones' and keep a pure heart me thinks. Excessive desire invites trouble.

formby

Ratings
Oh, I don't think that Christian iconography is always wrong about that. After all, the Apostle says in 2 Corinthians 11,14 that Satan masquerades as an "angel of light," and in no few contemporary Christian comic books and tracts, he is depicted as elegant, handsome and charming. And he is described by the Stones as "a man of wealth and taste."
Well, Satan is often portrayed as a serpent or serpent like, which plays on Mankind's primordial/innate fear of snakes.

Jan Libourel

Ratings
The identification of the snake in the Garden with Satan is comparatively late. If you read the account in Genesis, the tempter is quite clearly a literal snake.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Ratings
The identification of the snake in the Garden with Satan is comparatively late. If you read the account in Genesis, the tempter is quite clearly a literal snake.
It has been known to take many forms. In the east it has taken the form of the red dragon, but it has also been seen as the serpent. People have also seen it as light, and it can also imitate the Gods to try and fool people into worshipping it. It's very crafty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom