It's always five o'clock somewhere

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Saturday - finished 3/4 bottle of Johnnie Walker Black with my 81 year old uncle.

Sunday - 3 old fashioneds at a sushi place. 4oz of Johnnie Walker Black. 2oz of Grey Goose on the rocks. 1 tall can of Creemore. All at the arena. Then Super Bowl party at the club. 1 old fashioned and 6oz of eagle rare. Then we had to stop because the chap I was with fell down the stairs on a smoke break and was trying to Uber from the north pole to his home or some locations neither of us were at.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
It has been 3 months and now when I walk in to the bar across the street from work, Tiffany just grabs a bottle of pinot grigio and pours 9oz without my asking. Then when it's close to last call they ask me for my choice of whisky. Some of them charge 3x9oz as one bottle. Some give me a free shot of whisky.

Back home I walk into Martina's bar and I get poured a glass of wine and a "welcome back my love." Or "Hey Hun how are you doing?" All to the tune of Fly Me To The Moon

Last edited:

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
Fullers Brewing just sold to Japanese.

Was in Ye Olde Mitre a few days ago. Fantastic pub with discounts available on ales and decent guest beers. Good landlady. Intended to start using it more regularly again. Same applies to The Harp. Hope the good pubs are not damaged by this. Used to be the nearest pub to my office.
https://www.yeoldemitreholborn.co.uk/#
Wow.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I hit all my home bars within one block of me.

Somehow woke up this morning and heading to Greek town.

I tried Glengoyne last night.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
I was hitting favourites of doghouse doghouse last night.

2 pints allagash white.
5 Jameson caskmates
2 glasses chardonnay
1 pint of something from a local Richmond brewery
Some shot of bourbon. Some shot of whisky.
1 glass of pinot grigio
Allagash is always a go to pint for me, just below a brown ale.

Didn't partake in any Fuller's at Rosie's?

Kingstonian

Ratings
Met my brother yesterday to sign off and close a dormant account for my late mother at the head office in Berkeley Square. Afterwards, wandered around and had pint in Leicester Square Wetherspoon. That is always a decent place despite the busy location. Then went to Theobalds Road for fish and chips. This is more crowded than it used to be a few years ago

Walked to Leather Lane and what he remembers as a Charringtons pub decades ago. Now Craft Beer Company used to have most handpumps in UK until recently.
http://www.thecraftbeerco.com/clerkenwell

Then moved on to Ye Olde Mitre very nice pints of Deuchars. Reasonably priced and 20% discount for CAMRA or SPBW cards.

Lots of people in Leather Lane buying streetfood. Fruit and veg and clothes stalls disappearing. Is street food hygienic? Not much scope for handwashing or toilet facilities. Not sure how often these enterprises are inspected either.

Top Bottom