News about HM The King and the monarchy

Interesting, the standard Hilton tariff is a lot lower there...

Des Indes is much better placed, but not far to walk. The Hilton falls into the clinical and clean but nice hotel designation. You probably wouldn't want to dine there other than for brunch.

Yes. Protected and surrounded by the right people. How pray tell are you doing that again? I didn't see you volunteer for attending Easter service in her stead when she wasn't able to make it. Oh right that was your brother.

Yes. Protected and surrounded by the right people. How pray tell are you doing that again? I didn't see you volunteer for attending Easter service in her stead when she wasn't able to make it. Oh right that was your brother.
The Brit media seem to be fawning over him yesterday and today. Could be the Invictus Game angle, which is no doubt a worthy sporty cause, or are they trying to bring him back into polite society?

Other than that, all I see is fake and shallow as fuck. How can that be worth anything to anybody? Millions for content that never arrives. Plugging some work place mentoring and counselling company for top dollar. Dancing for money, hey Harry? How the mighty have fallen.

Either defend the Commonwealth, the good that was done in the 19th and 20th century in the name of freedom, or let it go....and let the others who are more hungry fill the gap.

I highlighted that one because it's clear they want the money. Of course this is like paying protection fees. Once you start paying there's no guarantee they don't come back hounding you for more.

I highlighted that one because it's clear they want the money. Of course this is like paying protection fees. Once you start paying there's no guarantee they don't come back hounding you for more.
Those who are looking for a life on the dole under ''reparations'' will always demand more, as it's a race hustling shakedown.

I'm thinking of asking for reparations from the French for the Norman Conquest, the subsequent harrying of the north and imposition of the Norman yoke!

And whilst I'm on a roll, lets wind it back a millennium. Why not? I'm also going to sue those 'eye-ties' for the Roman conquest of my people, their enslavement and their subsequent feeding to the lions in the Colosseum! !!!

Oh, and, whilst we're speaking about the Colosseum it should be knocked down and leveled because they slaughtered Christians there...I'm traumatised every time I see it...

Homo homini lupus est.

I'm thinking of asking for reparations from the French for the Norman Conquest, the subsequent harrying of the north and imposition of the Norman yoke!

And whilst I'm on a roll, lets wind it back a millennium. Why not? I'm also going to sue those 'eye-ties' for the Roman conquest of my people, their enslavement and their subsequent feeding to the lions in the Colosseum! !!!

Oh, and, whilst we're speaking about the Colosseum it should be knocked down and leveled because they slaughtered Christians there...I'm traumatised every time I see it...

Homo homini lupus est.
look everybody, an old white guy.

This isn’t something you should really weigh in on.
Why should someone who never experienced slavery, who's parents and grandparents never were slaves, get reparations for it?

Why should someone who wasn't a slave owner, who's ancestors weren't slave owners, pay reparations for it?

Look at Kamala Harris - her family were slave owners - should she get reparations, or pay reparations?

Regarding the exploitation of the British working class in the 18th and 19th centuries - who were physically wrecked and worked in wretched conditions in the factory, mill and mining systems with no voting rights or much rights at all - do their ancestors not qualify for reparations?

In 1971, the average weekly wage for a man in the UK was GBP 27.00, the National Union of Miners negotiated and agreed to a pit salary of GBP 16.00 a week. Should not ex-miners and their offspring be entitled to some reparations for being paid a pittance and being misrepresented?

You can't right historical events from hundreds or even 50 years ago, through reparations. The people it effected are either long dead or well retired. The argument that because of those historical injustices, I'm a loser. Well, good look with that...

Why should someone who never experienced slavery, who's parents and grandparents never were slaves, get reparations for it?

Why should someone who wasn't a slave owner, who's ancestors weren't slave owners, pay reparations for it?

Look at Kamala Harris - her family were slave owners - should she get reparations, or pay reparations?

Regarding the exploitation of the British working class in the 18th and 19th centuries - who were physically wrecked and worked in wretched conditions in the factory, mill and mining systems with no voting rights or much rights at all - do their ancestors not qualify for reparations?

In 1971, the average weekly wage for a man in the UK was GBP 27.00, the National Union of Miners negotiated and agreed to a pit salary of GBP 16.00 a week. Should not ex-miners and their offspring be entitled to some reparations for being paid a pittance and being misrepresented?

You can't right historical events from hundreds or even 50 years ago, through reparations. The people it effected are either long dead or well retired. The argument that because of those historical injustices, I'm a loser. Well, good look with that...
Wait till he reads about the Barbary Corsairs

History is too complex for people like Rambo, he would rather moralise from his throne atop Mount Olympus.

yes why should we bother doing anything for those we oppressed for generations. its been long enough. live and let live i say!

yes why should we bother doing anything for those we oppressed for generations. its been long enough. live and let live i say!
We, as in I, didn't oppress anyone for generations, can't take on that guilt for it's not mine.

Sadly, those that were oppressed for generations are in many cases dead. So you can't rectify that can you, certainly not through money. You can't cure their pain and suffering. All you can do in the words of Wilfred Owen is bare witness to the history and do your best to ensure it doesn't happen again, as best you can.

I say live and let live too, as I'm a libertarian.

Last edited:
So you can't rectify that can you, certainly not through money. You can't cure their pain and suffering. All you can do in the words of Wilfred Owen is bare witness to the history and do your best to ensure it doesn't happen again, as best you can.

I am pretty sure no one is claiming the lives of the dead have to be improved - you're playing daft as usual. The claim (and I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure you understand this) is that to the extent the current generation is worse off on account of the oppression/etc inflicted upon their ancestors, they are owed reparations. And if the current generation of the oppressors' descendants are better off, then they are supposed to owe reparations.

I am pretty sure no one is claiming the lives of the dead have to be improved - you're playing daft as usual. The claim (and I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure you understand this) is that to the extent the current generation is worse off on account of the oppression/etc inflicted upon their ancestors, they are owed reparations. And if the current generation of the oppressors' descendants are better off, then they are supposed to owe reparations.
In lots of cases that's going to be very difficult to calculate.

There's a similar argument been going on for years in UK history departments as to by how much did the slave trade finance/facilitate the industrial revolution.

There's a similar argument been going on for years in UK history departments as to by how much did the slave trade finance/facilitate the industrial revolution.
And the historic fact that after the Brits stopped slavery, the elites exploited their own working classes for the industrial revolution part.
Well, how would you know much to hand out in repatriations?
Exactly what are the right reparations: money, houses, non-voted political graft and power, more vacation days, automatic access to higher education and jobs, regardless of attainment, or free medical care in places like the States and in other countries, preferential access to be first in the queue above others, despite any lifestyle choices? In that case, do we accept that those who's ancestors were slaves have a deficit in free will and agency and therefore are doomed or seriously curtailed because of evil 200-250 years ago and we must make allowances that they're not in control of their actions as regards such things as drug abuse or domestic violence?

And what happens, if they delve into your past, and you find someone with your DNA back in the 1700's was involved in the slave trade, should you have your house or wealth confiscated or an extra tax on you to fund reparations because you're guilty?

It will lead to the madhouse which we're well on the way to it.

And what of the Arab slave trade - that was genocide - they ensured their slaves could not reproduce. They need to pay for their rape of Africa and also the European slaves they took. We need reparations too. Last time I looked they had slavery into the 20th century, some would argue even now.

Last edited:
And the historic fact that after the Brits stopped slavery, the elites exploited their own working classes for the industrial revolution part.

Exactly what are the right reparations: money, houses, non-voted political graft and power, more vacation days, automatic access to higher education and jobs, regardless of attainment, or free medical care in places like the States and in other countries, preferential access to be first in the queue above others, despite any lifestyle choices? In that case, do we accept that those who's ancestors were slaves have a deficit in free will and agency and therefore are doomed or seriously curtailed because of stuff 200-250 years ago and we must make allowances that they're not in control of their actions as regards such things as drug abuse or domestic violence?

And what happens, if they delve into your past, and you find someone with your DNA back in the 1700's was involved in the slave trade, should you have your house or wealth confiscated or an extra tax on you to fund reparations because you're guilty?

It will lead to the madhouse which we're well on the way to.

And what of the Arab slave trade - that was genocide - they ensured their slaves could not reproduce. They need to pay for their rape of Africa and also the European slaves they took. We need reparations too.
Its not an unreasonable position to take, its just that I can't see how they can make it work fairly given the complexity and fluidity of modern societies.

Its not an unreasonable position to take, its just that I can't see how they can make it work fairly given the complexity and fluidity of modern societies.
It's one of those virtue signalling positions - there's good intentions, even status in declaring your support - but any scrutiny beyond dinner party talk reveals it's completely bonkers and unworkable. Eventually, it will descend to the level of ''Well, you get free abortions and methadone don't you?'' Good enough and that will be the extent of the reparations under the liberal consensus.

It's one of those virtue signalling positions - there's good intentions, even status in declaring your support - but any scrutiny beyond dinner party talk reveals it's completely bonkers and unworkable. Eventually, it will descend to the level of ''Well, you get free abortions and methadone don't you?'' Good enough and that will be the extent of the reparations under the liberal consensus.
Not always the case. You need to be a little less cynical.

Not always the case. You need to be a little less cynical.
It pays to be cynical, when anything good happens, or humanity is revealed it's a big plus and buzz.

It's better than expecting common sense and decency to prevail and being constantly let down and disappointed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom