Odd Things Seen Daily By Me

Women wearing a parka that goes all the way down to their thigh or knees with some winter head gear yet they have bare legs. At least wear hose?
 
Summer is here. Some schools are already on holidays. Young girls on train with bum cheeks hanging out of shorts. Some a lot - some a little.

I was wondering how do they decide what is enough bum cheek to show.

And I started a discussion at a work site about how one would go about bringing ins workplace dress code that specified the amount of bum cheek one could show? Any idea?
 
I just saw a girl today with a serious camel toe issue.

You send your children on summer holiday in December? What's the school term there? That's baffling.
 
I just saw a girl today with a serious camel toe issue.

You send your children on summer holiday in December? What's the school term there? That's baffling.

image.webp
 
Poor old fwiffo - google hemispheres - north south and seasons - you'll get there little buddy- don't give up
 
Poor old fwiffo - google hemispheres - north south and seasons - you'll get there little buddy- don't give up

I know the hemispheres. I just didn't think you'd call school holidays opposite of what most of academia considers a holiday.
 
On the train this am I saw the biggest bloke I've ever seen.
Ever.
I thought it was Andre The Giant.
He was at least 7' ++ and built.
Not fat or flabby.
An Islander.
He was with mates and smiling and friendly looking.
 
I know the hemispheres. I just didn't think you'd call school holidays opposite of what most of academia considers a holiday.
Most of academia!!!
wtf.

You in the centre of the world?
 
People who go to Ikea. Are low prices truly worth the hassle?

The first time I went to Ikea was with my father during my uni days to buy a study desk. We went around what looked like a department store display and settled on one. Brilliant. I thought you'd get a sales person and they'd ring it up for you.

All I remember was taking down some obscure code and then going to the warehouse area in the back. We then had to move the selected furniture to the cart and take it to the till. Thankfully the selected piece wasn't located above our shoulder or I thought we'd have to operate a forklift.

Standing in that queue to pay, I was equally thankful I did not elect to take advantage of getting 10 percent off if I offered to help unload the next inbound supply truck for Ikea - oh no, wait, that's just my sarcasm.

And now we were off to assemble some contraption made in China documented by some Mexican translated back to English.
 
There are numerous adverts on the train promoting the use of a website to top up your transit card here. There's a photograph of a lengthy queue at a station and the photograph of your dog with a leash. It reads, "Some choices are obvious." - No they aren't! I don't want to walk a dog.
 
People who go to Ikea. Are low prices truly worth the hassle?

The first time I went to Ikea was with my father during my uni days to buy a study desk. We went around what looked like a department store display and settled on one. Brilliant. I thought you'd get a sales person and they'd ring it up for you.

All I remember was taking down some obscure code and then going to the warehouse area in the back. We then had to move the selected furniture to the cart and take it to the till. Thankfully the selected piece wasn't located above our shoulder or I thought we'd have to operate a forklift.

Standing in that queue to pay, I was equally thankful I did not elect to take advantage of getting 10 percent off if I offered to help unload the next inbound supply truck for Ikea - oh no, wait, that's just my sarcasm.

And now we were off to assemble some contraption made in China documented by some Mexican translated back to English.

Nope. IKEA is one of the most horrid places on the planet. I have been to two : one in china and one in the UK. Both with my then-girlfriend, now wife. Both times, we had rows in that place and around us were several couples who were involved in a tiff or another.

I vowed never again.
 
Nope. IKEA is one of the most horrid places on the planet. I have been to two : one in china and one in the UK. Both with my then-girlfriend, now wife. Both times, we had rows in that place and around us were several couples who were involved in a tiff or another.

I vowed never again.
One of my favourite pastimes is eavesdropping on couples squabbling in public.
 
Nope. IKEA is one of the most horrid places on the planet. I have been to two : one in china and one in the UK. Both with my then-girlfriend, now wife. Both times, we had rows in that place and around us were several couples who were involved in a tiff or another.

I vowed never again.
Are you a chink too? This place is crawling with them!!!
 
I think you are being to rough on IKEA. Would not buy a Glundlorp but certainly would buy a flergphart. Way better quality. Close to the discontinued Bjorkshart
 
I think you are being to rough on IKEA. Would not buy a Glundlorp but certainly would buy a flergphart. Way better quality. Close to the discontinued Bjorkshart

I just wouldn't go there. I would order online instead, if need be.
 
I keep seeing that Apple advert with Stevie Wonder. There's nothing terribly Apple about it except the beginning when he is typing on his Macbook before he starts singing. Who is the glowing LCD screen for? The man is blind yes?
 
I keep seeing that Apple advert with Stevie Wonder. There's nothing terribly Apple about it except the beginning when he is typing on his Macbook before he starts singing. Who is the glowing LCD screen for? The man is blind yes?

For you so you can see what he is working on.

I have emailed Stevie and told him he can save battery life by turning off his display as he doesn't need it.

He told me I am a narrow-minded blind-guy-hater
 
For you so you can see what he is working on.

I have emailed Stevie and told him he can save battery life by turning off his display as he doesn't need it.

He told me I am a narrow-minded blind-guy-hater

I have issues with people being inauthentic for the sake of monetary gain. I would have thought he had more integrity than that.
 
I have issues with people being inauthentic for the sake of monetary gain. I would have thought he had more integrity than that.

Well he is doing a commercial and I'm sure he is not doing it for free.

For all we know his screen is always blazing so that whoever he is collaborating with can see what he has written or how he has set the recording/mixing parameters

Or maybe he has just never noticed?
 
People wearing nylon coats, nylon trousers in office buildings. For that matter, people wearing clunky winter boots who don't look like they work outdoors. Are we in the wilderness? Is there a ski slope from one office lobby to another?
 
People wearing nylon coats, nylon trousers in office buildings. For that matter, people wearing clunky winter boots who don't look like they work outdoors. Are we in the wilderness? Is there a ski slope from one office lobby to another?

That would actually be pretty damned cool.
 
Families coming to the city for shows and events. Often the little girls are in dresses and mother is in a skirt or dress. The father, on the other hand, is in jeans, a jumper and a leather jacket.
 
Now that winter is upon us, delays in the rail service happen on an almost daily basis.

Today's announcement by the conductor after we boarded: "If you're on coach ABC, the heating doesn't work. The lights don't work. Feel free to change coaches."

I reckon those poor bastards ought to be happy the train door still closes, and the toilets flush in the dark.
 
Pigeons picking at popcorn for breakfast. A bird has to eat what it has to eat to survive.

Women wearing skirts with bare legs. Honestly, I see you have a parka, sweaters, scarves, hats and gloves but the exposed part from your thigh down to your boot or ankle - that doesn't bother you?
 
It's winter time and office buildings are trying to save on heat by minimizing the amount of doors being opened.

My office building: revolving doors only, regular doors closed.
Hotel across from my flat: Revolving doors closed, regular doors (usually emergency exits) open.
My friend's place, her office lobby: automatic doors closed, regular doors open.

Yet everyone is claiming this is for energy conservation.
 
It's winter time and office buildings are trying to save on heat by minimizing the amount of doors being opened.

My office building: revolving doors only, regular doors closed.
Hotel across from my flat: Revolving doors closed, regular doors (usually emergency exits) open.
My friend's place, her office lobby: automatic doors closed, regular doors open.

Yet everyone is claiming this is for energy conservation.

Opening a door once and having two people walk through consecutively single file would waste less heat than two people walking separately through two doors.
 
Opening a door once and having two people walk through consecutively single file would waste less heat than two people walking separately through two doors.

The inconsistency amongst the revolving doors is the one that bothers me the most.
 
For the past few weeks, a man has been waving an orange flag, yelling, screaming and at times breaking into Arabic tunes or Beatles songs (Lucy). He works mornings and stands on the northeast corner one block away from my flat. He is trying to entice southbound cars to park at his lot. The problem is he's standing in the wrong place. By the time a car passes him, they go to the southeast corner which is an on ramp to the highway. His lot entrance is at the northwest corner. The on ramp is covered by an overpass so to get back to his lot, you'd pass the overpass twice. I'd rate his effectiveness as close to zero. His English is unintelligible other than "Hey" and the Beatles.
 
People who leave food for the homeless. I see takeaway styrofoam, fruits, bread, etc.

Why do people bother? This week I saw an aboriginal woman in a sleeping bag over a sewer grate in front of The Toronto Club with two slices of pizza on a white paper plate not more than a metre away. Pigeons were pecking at the pizza. Either the food was so bad even homeless people won't eat or she deserves to starve because she wouldn't move one metre to eat.
 
People who leave food for the homeless. I see takeaway styrofoam, fruits, bread, etc.

Why do people bother? This week I saw an aboriginal woman in a sleeping bag over a sewer grate in front of The Toronto Club with two slices of pizza on a white paper plate not more than a metre away. Pigeons were pecking at the pizza. Either the food was so bad even homeless people won't eat or she deserves to starve because she wouldn't move one metre to eat.

I watched my parents struggle when they first started my dad's business. I remember being in our early 80s caddy eating from a sonic my dad friend owned. He didn't have a dime to his name. A homeless couple came up and asked for some money to get food. My dad gave them his meal and while walking away they dropped it in the trash at the end of the park start park we slept in (technically I think that made us homeless as well), since that day I haven't been able to hand any thing to help a homeless person besides the soup kitchen I run during Thanksgiving. That's a family tradition in my wives side. Her parents are to old to run it now.
 
I go to a Pakistani restaurant for lunch once a week. Today, there was no one else in the joint except me and the cook/owner, and the other cook (Ali-1 & Ali-2) who have become friendly since I'm there regularly.

"What's good today, Ali?"

"Ah, new dish, urad dahl"

"Looks good"

"Very good, sir"

I order it with a kofta curry. He brings it out. He looks around to make sure the non-existent other customers can't here what he is about to say.

"Urad Dahl. Very tasty. Very good. Also very good for the mens."

"Mens?"

"Yes, sir, like the viagra. Makes you very strong. Very potent."

"Really?"

"Yes, yes, take one plate in the afternoon, you will be able to go all night. But must be afternoon. Try it. You come back and tell me how it works."

He leers conspiratorially.

"I'll do that"

He disappears into the back.

Later, as I go to pay for my lunch. Ali-2 hands me the receipt, a little bag (the beans) and the recipe. Nodding his head. Ali-1 pokes his head out of the kitchen, giggling. He is still giggling as I exit the restaurant
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom