Odd Things Seen Daily By Me

Indian Band? Are you sure they're not aboriginals or First Nations people?

Ever talk to an Indian? Any status Indian - as per the Indian act - will tell you they are Indian. Because it connotes a different status and level of benefits. That is changing given the Supreme Court ruling on non-status & Metis.

I deal with Chiefs all the time and they use Indian.
image.webp
 
Nope. I talked to one or two of them when they come up to panhandle from me. Talk is perhaps too sophisticated a word to describe our interaction. There's a third one lying on a sewer grate most days in front of the Toronto Club trying to get money off the members who pay 40K/annum for membership.

I've only known two aboriginals. They were two rather attractive ladies who said they were 1/4. Whatever genes they inherited, they were (and still are) pretty.

That said I was always taught in school to use Indians for southeast Indians (British = Asians) and aboriginal for native people. Now I read in the papers they are always referred to as First Nations.

I'm pretty sure if you go to a re-enactment at Fort York of Laura Secord or something, they have some white bloke portraying the aborig...Indians.
 
I wish my phone wasn't dead or I would have taken a picture.

Hell's Angel in summer wear going through security. Short sleeved shirt with sin city rocker

But, an Ogio carry on bag with his name - Jason- and HAMC logo?
 
My father pointed out something strange. There's some Chinese bloke from China who goes on early morning walks and every morning stops by the neighbour's house; neighbour I've known since I was selling Christmas gift wrap as part of school charity. The bloke walks into the middle of his front lawn and starts pulling on branches and leaves of this lone tree. It's so violent leaves start falling off. Apparently he does it every morning. Has he no respect of private property and property rights?

It's a smaller tree with flowers planted all around it. I reckon if this keeps up the poor tree won't survive by winter.
 
image.webp
Shitty pic because it was pissing rain. Truck lost race against a train up the road from me
 
There is some Microsoft conference in town this past week. Worldwide something something. Many of the attendees are wearing dogtags around their neck. Why advertise and make yourself a target?

Wearing dogtags at a restaurant - please waiter, overcharge me
Wearing dogtags coming in or out of a residential building - I'm using Airbnb
Wearing dogtags in a hotel lobby - ladies of the night, come over and hit on me
Wearing dogtags on the street - I'm a tourist with money, come rob me
 
I saw some homeless bloke sitting on a sewer grate in front of the tallest skyscraper in Toronto playing with his rat. At least that's what I think it is. Too big to be a hamster.
 
Gents who board a rush hour train and get a seat yet whilst other folks including women are standing, he runs out of his seat a few minutes early so he can exit quicker. Trip is less than 25 minutes. You couldn't stand if exiting was a priority to you?!
 
The most infuriating are people on a packed train standing in front of the exit door who refuse to get off the train momentarily to let the hoard of people off at their stop in a non-bottlenecked manner. I scold people who do this.
 
It's 6pm. I'm on train now. Caught a stopping all stations instead of express. Half seats empty. Express just passed us with squashed standing room only. I get to my station 6 minutes later than the express. I think I'm cunning.
 
This morning 3 yes three, huge people were on packed train taking up two 2 seats each. 2 of them were men who if they stopped manspreading could have allowed skinny Asian Girls to sit. One was a big lady who had her bags on the small bit of spare space.
 
I get to my station 6 minutes later than the express. I think I'm cunning.

I don't know mate. Some of us need the 6 minutes to mow the lawns of our palatial estates or masturbate on a towel in the bathroom as the spouse moans about her work day and pushes you out the front door to get dinner brought in.
 
I don't know mate. Some of us need the 6 minutes to mow the lawns of our palatial estates or masturbate on a towel in the bathroom as the spouse moans about her work day and pushes you out the front door to get dinner brought in.
I think you are confusing me with thruth or prince nez or doom or rambo
 
Hispanic women who are due for a shave. Wearing sleeveless and standing in the subway with their arms reaching up for the handle. She has blonde highlights so she obviously cares when she lifts her arm to the sky.
 
How to use a lift/elevator etiquette. Let the bloody people get out of the lift before entering at the ground floor. Is it that hard? I'm not at the back lounging around taking my time. I'm literally in front of the door and this short woman sneaks in and starts pressing buttons whilst I'm walking out.
 
No smoking within 30 feet of the entrance. I reckon there is about 20 feet to the curb. So I'm supposed to be smoking in the middle of the street now?

IMG_20160727_093719.webp
 
p042vym1.jpg


I've been noticing more and more women don't know when or if they need to cross their legs when they sit.
 
Dump? Yes, it's called the outdoors.

Wild horse. Scavengers will take care of him
 
People queuing for ice cream at 2130 on a Thursday

It's a Toronto thing I reckon...

IMG_20160811_212609_edit.webp
 
Isn't there a cheesecake place where they queue up too? Thought I saw all kind of Asians doing that the last time I was there

This is the small queue. Sweet Jesus has epic long queues for ice cream; pun intended.

On my way home, I passed by the Uncle Tetsu queue. They opened a new one in Union Station. I will take a picture of that.
 
This is the small queue. Sweet Jesus has epic long queues for ice cream; pun intended.

On my way home, I passed by the Uncle Tetsu queue. They opened a new one in Union Station. I will take a picture of that.

That's the place
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom