Talk about your dreams

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Lots of blood. Dead bodies I’ve seen. Friends who I watched die. People I’ve killed. Rivers of blood. I get to relive it all. Every night in technicolor.
That sounds like a pretty horrible sleep regime. Are you sure you don't qualify for some pharmacological remedies?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I had a dream I was voted insurance man of the year. I went to receive my award in black tie and was beloved by all.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I had a dream last night I was in some sort of FBI team. We had to track this balding white bloke with a comb forward. It turns out he is some marathon runner so we had to sign up and try to chase him down, bib and all. Priyanka Chopra was on my FBI team. We're chasing down this guy pounding our feet on pavement and I feel like my legs will fall off and there isn't enough insulation in my shoes. Finally we round a bend and somehow we are in some cafe with a sofa, hiss of steam, beans being ground, a tall round wooden table and two stools. It's still day time and the marathon is over judging by Priyanka's attire and my own. The culprit walks by us with his latte in a ceramic cup and saucer and makes small talk with our table. Then we call in backup and arrest him telling him we chased him down from a marathon. Priyanka's tired now so I carry her off the stool to the sofa where she closes her eyes with a smile.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
I've had a few odd dreams this week, I put it down to the last renegade mosquito hiding out somewhere in the bedroom. One involved me finding a mint condition Omega MKII Speedy, but had some added Albatross detailing. I was in a hotel and decided to keep it, but someone who lost it and it was a gift for her husband called the cops. In the dream I was trying to find a way to hand over to the concierge without looking bad.

The Ernesto

Ratings
I'm always amazed/disturbed by how the subconscious can create the faces of complete strangers in dreams. These people have faces in the dream that are then completely obliterated from memory.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
I'm always amazed/disturbed by how the subconscious can create the faces of complete strangers in dreams. These people have faces in the dream that are then completely obliterated from memory.
Similarly, I had a dream lastnight that sorta related to a wartime experience when we were overnighting in a craggy, rocky outcrop of boulders while taking a few mortar rounds. In my dream, I was hugging close to the rocks to stay safe (was far worse in my dream than the reality was) - trying to press myself perfectly flay against the cold stone. But the sheer detail of those rocks - it felt like I was recalling every fissure, and the texture of every square mm down to a granular level. After I woke up and thought about it, I realized that couldn't be detailed memory from over twenty years ago - it just felt like it at the time.

Top Bottom