Talk about your dreams

Lots of blood. Dead bodies I’ve seen. Friends who I watched die. People I’ve killed. Rivers of blood. I get to relive it all. Every night in technicolor.

That sounds like a pretty horrible sleep regime. Are you sure you don't qualify for some pharmacological remedies?

I had a dream I was voted insurance man of the year. I went to receive my award in black tie and was beloved by all.

I had a dream last night I was in some sort of FBI team. We had to track this balding white bloke with a comb forward. It turns out he is some marathon runner so we had to sign up and try to chase him down, bib and all. Priyanka Chopra was on my FBI team. We're chasing down this guy pounding our feet on pavement and I feel like my legs will fall off and there isn't enough insulation in my shoes. Finally we round a bend and somehow we are in some cafe with a sofa, hiss of steam, beans being ground, a tall round wooden table and two stools. It's still day time and the marathon is over judging by Priyanka's attire and my own. The culprit walks by us with his latte in a ceramic cup and saucer and makes small talk with our table. Then we call in backup and arrest him telling him we chased him down from a marathon. Priyanka's tired now so I carry her off the stool to the sofa where she closes her eyes with a smile.

I've had a few odd dreams this week, I put it down to the last renegade mosquito hiding out somewhere in the bedroom. One involved me finding a mint condition Omega MKII Speedy, but had some added Albatross detailing. I was in a hotel and decided to keep it, but someone who lost it and it was a gift for her husband called the cops. In the dream I was trying to find a way to hand over to the concierge without looking bad.

I'm always amazed/disturbed by how the subconscious can create the faces of complete strangers in dreams. These people have faces in the dream that are then completely obliterated from memory.

I'm always amazed/disturbed by how the subconscious can create the faces of complete strangers in dreams. These people have faces in the dream that are then completely obliterated from memory.

Similarly, I had a dream lastnight that sorta related to a wartime experience when we were overnighting in a craggy, rocky outcrop of boulders while taking a few mortar rounds. In my dream, I was hugging close to the rocks to stay safe (was far worse in my dream than the reality was) - trying to press myself perfectly flay against the cold stone. But the sheer detail of those rocks - it felt like I was recalling every fissure, and the texture of every square mm down to a granular level. After I woke up and thought about it, I realized that couldn't be detailed memory from over twenty years ago - it just felt like it at the time.

I dreamt I saw Jon Hamm in Mad Men on a big television set. On closer inspection of scenes with his hair I saw it was thinning and you could see through to his scalp at certain angles and lighting conditions. I was thinking to myself seeing the show on my iPad and mobile wasn't revealing that detail.

I was flying back on a jumbo jet but it was decked out like a 1920/30's cruise liner. It had a viewing gallery in the nose and you could watch with almost a pilots view of the air ahead. When we landed I was accosted by someone from the past who knew me well, but I couldn't quite place him and insisted I go on a session with him. But I took one look at the beers and decided it was time to go home.

John Lydon was the taxi driver, but I had lost my wallet, but he said it was okay and he would bill the office. When I got to the office the next day, one of the ladies on the accounts was asking who was this Johnny Rotten who had just sent in an invoice.

I had three dreams last night. One about the board member. Woke up a little before 1. One about doing layoffs and sorting the employees by salary. The last one was my boss and the CxO from New Zealand.

I just realized that a significant wartime date passed last month. In years gone by, I’d have been drinking more and thinking about it a lot, to the point I’d be reliving it every night in my sleep.

Instead, it totally slipped me by and the only dream I can remember is in that involved shagging in a dark jazz club.

Progress.

I woke up in someone else's bedroom. It was two double beds so I assumed it was a hotel except there were two television sets mounted with the screen facing down on each bed. The room is still dark with just enough light coming through the windows to let you get your bearings. I found a remote control on the night stand. One of the television sets is a modern flat screen panel. The other is an old CRT mounted on a shelf on top of the door. I turn on the flat screen and then after some boring news show I turn it off but turning it off meant the CRT turned on. If turned off the CRT, then the flat screen would turn on. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to turn both off. I look around trying to find the second remote control to no avail.

I keep having all these coronavirus fueled work dreams.

in non-pandemic situations you have non-Coronavirus fueled work dreams

Often I have dreams that I am back working in the fabrication shops, that's 20-odd years ago and quite a bit. Not that often, but sometimes. Several times back then I felt like I hadn't left the place having dreamed all night of grinding work.

Also dream quite often of a couple of mucca's in the sixth-form back 1987-89 and they still look the same. Obviously that's not the case. Things got a little bit weird in the summer of '89 tight bonds were broken quickly, never to return. And we were all rather earnest and serious, more so than now. But this virus might change that.

I am pretty sure I met my wife in a dream in the early 80s. In fact I know that to be the case.

Often I have dreams that I am back working in the fabrication shops, that's 20-odd years ago and quite a bit. Not that often, but sometimes. Several times back then I felt like I hadn't left the place having dreamed all night of grinding work.

Also dream quite often of a couple of mucca's in the sixth-form back 1987-89 and they still look the same. Obviously that's not the case. Things got a little bit weird in the summer of '89 tight bonds were broken quickly, never to return. And we were all rather earnest and serious, more so than now. But this virus might change that.

I am pretty sure I met my wife in a dream in the early 80s. In fact I know that to be the case.

I rarely remember my dreams. I had a sleep study done and they were stupefied why I moved and so much during REM stage sleep. Not supposed to happen.

Dreamt about how the regional CxO of Europe was able to fly to North America and shouldn't he quarantine himself after landing.

Other random dreams with my peers from Poland and UK. Conference calls. And a trip to Sao Paulo with my peer in Brazil. I woke up thinking it's an expensive trip since I have to quarantine for 14 days after returning.

Had a dream I was in Portsmouth, England, and I arrived and immediately went out, but forgot the name and location of the hotel. I was looking for a restaurant and then realized I was kind of lost and then was accosted by some semi-drunk work day out people who then took me on a tour of the drag bars for navy folk and then tried to get me to go on the lash with them. I left them and was making my way across a bridge and then I found a rail track that helped me get my bearings back to the hotel. Can't remember the name of the hotel.

Next dream I had, or maybe it was the one before, I was back in Brazil in the Sol Ipanema and they had revamped the place. All my old work colleagues were there and said it was a good five years since I had worked with them and I thought, ''Yes, how time flies, is it really that long ago?'' Then I kind of semi-woke up questioning the time and realizing it was actually 16 years ago. And I woke up completely awake staring at the passage of time.

Dreamt I was taking part in some scheme to monitor the number and types of Autumnal butterflies. Happened to be in my grandparents back garden and we were looking for some super rare butterfly, but the only one we spotted was the Red Admiral. Use to see them quite a bit in September in that part of the world.

First of four dreams last night was seeing my mobile blink purple. It only blinks purple for my ex lady friend. I had multiple messages. First one was from an industry lady friend talking about Raptors so I happily replied and once that chat window was dismissed I saw the purple light still blinking. I scroll a bit and see a message from the ex lady friend. She sent some photographs of a living room (television, sofa) without anyone. Then one of her in workout kit doing a home workout.

The workout must have been influenced by these women posting what they are doing stuck at home for exercise on my Instagram.

I had this dream last night we were all in a meeting room staring at a giant TV screen with a process workflow. There was a diamond shape decision point with the word REAMED all in capitals - yes or no? For whatever reason there scattered cut outs of Simpsons characters (Lisa, Homer) also layered on this diagram.

This Sikh Indian woman from my previous company then asked whether reamed was politically correct. I replied we could always use the term fuck off because this is about procurement and a negative response pretty much means that.

Had some strange dreams this week. I was literally in Borneo and came across a WWII USA military base completely intact with loads of newsreels and working dive bombers.

I've woken early this morning. Must have been that post on my cousins. There was a family gathering at my grandparents they were still alive and all my aunts and uncles were as they were 20 years ago. But my cousins were as they were now, but most I haven't seen for 20 years, so don't really know what they look like now. Anyway, I wanted to speak to them each individually but somehow the words couldn't come out and I was mute. Which is about right, as I have no relationship with them and have been mute with them for these last 2 decades.

Had some strange dreams this week. I was literally in Borneo and came across a WWII USA military base completely intact with loads of newsreels and working dive bombers.

I've woken early this morning. Must have been that post on my cousins. There was a family gathering at my grandparents they were still alive and all my aunts and uncles were as they were 20 years ago. But my cousins were as they were now, but most I haven't seen for 20 years, so don't really know what they look like now. Anyway, I wanted to speak to them each individually but somehow the words couldn't come out and I was mute. Which is about right, as I have no relationship with them and have been mute with them for these last 2 decades.

A culmination towards your Ascension Day holiday.

It's good that you don't only dream of work.

A culmination towards your Ascension Day holiday.

I went into work though, but only for about 2 hrs.

It's good that you don't only dream of work.

Never dream of work now. When I was in the fabrication shops, I could wake up and feel like I had worked there all night. Bloody awful. Hard, repetitive, piece work graft 7 days a week, not much going for it other than the dosh.

Had a dream that i was going to meet a gang leader. Turned out it was a woman and it was her birthday. There were strippers and other gang leaders. I cant remember anyone's faces. A guy was shaving with a straight razor. There was a chicken coop. Just a ton of odd details

Had a dream that i was going to meet a gang leader. Turned out it was a woman and it was her birthday. There were strippers and other gang leaders. I cant remember anyone's faces. A guy was shaving with a straight razor. There was a chicken coop. Just a ton of odd details

Sounds like you were channeling this dude. that is Trudeau on all fours.
1590115586045.png

Dreamt I was in this strip club and the next performer was due on the stage, as the curtains rose it was the devil himself in goat head mode, the lights went out and all you could see was his red eyes likes lazers. I woke up then. Good job, I didn't want to have to start haggling with Satan over the price of my eternal soul.

What a dream that was: I was on holiday in Greece and the seas where all shades of blues, but the hotels didn't have ant toilets they were those holes in the floors you still see in France. The restaurants were the same all stinking cesspits. I decided to fly back home, but some clicked in my mouth and all teeth fell-out attached to their superbrace.

Then I woke up under the first mosquito attack of 2020.

Another intriguing one: my old mucca, nicknamed Jilted John and me were down in London. We had somehow ended up at this house with a bunch of middle aged couples, I got speaking to several and most of the women were without make-up, but all were good company. I was chatting and getting into some deep conversations when Jilted John came in wanting to know what all the conversation was about. He was as he had been aged about 25, handsome but naive as could be.

They invited us to go to a party in the Home Counties somewhere, but we needed to decline as we needed to get back to the Wirral, for what I will never know. Anyway, as we were planning on the best way to get to Euston Station, all the couples came down. Makeup and cocktail dresses hadn't improved the beauty of the ladies.

Next thing, we're in Euston Station and there's a load of Gurkhas in there with some shaman/priest types looking like those eastern androgynous Buddhists. Jilted John said he wanted to get a photo, I said don't risk it, as soon as he raised his mobile phone we were surrounded by plain clothes police with pistols to our heads. I managed to talk our way of it.

But next thing I know, Oliver Reed, who was watching has me in a wrestling ring demanding satisfaction from me having exposed his under cover mission.

Then I woke up. A pretty decent dream I thought.

Dreamt I was in the press corps around Donald Trump. He looked seriously unwell, then he announced he was under psychic-attack and he had to tell the world the truth: vampires, werewolves and zombies were real and engaged in global takeover. I ended up back in some hotel that was under a poltergeist attack. Liquid Mercury was coming out of the fire hydrant system and it saturated in very small dew like drops the hotel room. I managed to inhale some Mercury up my nose and was burning and poisoning me. That's when I awoke with my right nasal passage congested.

I dreamt my ex lady friend messaged me and triggered the purple light on my mobile. But then again yesterday was her birthday.

I dreamt about talking to this person at work twice from 4 to 525. And in the end I pretty much told him to do X which was a slight variation of what I dreamt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom