The Firearms & Sport Shooting Thread

I finally got around to cleaning a Remington model 700 that I'd forgotten I had. I should put a few rounds through it soon.

I've also got to scrub down a couple of old .22 rifles that have been passed down. All in due time, I guess.

Savage 24 for hunting feral cats. Use the .22. The 410 makes them all kablooie.

Taught this motherfucker a lesson.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

After a conversation with a cop whom I respect, I have decided to become a gun owner. Where do I begin? NV is an open-carry state.

Would probably prefer a clip over wheel.

Most people tell me a Glock is all necessary. Yes, carrying for personal protection.

I've never owned a gun myself, but I am comfortable around them and shoot well already. The note about practicing wearing it on me though is good.

I bought a stainless steel trigger for my P238 - mostly for cosmetic reasons. I'm waiting until I have a few calm hours free before installing it. I anticipate much swearing and unzenlike feelings.

I'm thinking about getting an additional pistol to lock-up in my vehicle - as a back-up for the days I am not carrying.

I usually shoot/carry a Sig P238 and FN Hi a Power.

For the vehicle weapon I'm looking at a Star Firestar M43 or FN-DAc. Unfortunately, neither offers many holster options. Another contender would be a Springfield EMP - but that's a lot of money for a back-up.

I ditched the Trijicon RMR ambient light and tritium microsight on my AKSU74. Great concept, but just not bright enough in full sun. The full-size Russian Obzor leaves it for dead, but it will be a while before anyone can pack that light amplification ability into a micro.

I replaced it with a basic little PK06. Very rugged and a bright "T" reticle. Not actually my krink, but it looks just like this:

PK06_LeftAKSU.JPG

That is my mate's Bulgarian krink. Mine is a 1986 Tula kit built on an NDS receiver by Mario at Piece of History Firearms.

Man, I want a Izmash AK so bad, but they are impossible to find in the US. I have been close to shoot the trigger for a Mosin Nagant though, with bayonet and so on $200, very cheap. This was a week ago or so,

Attachments

• 10410593_10152728281304223_3185277562971299194_n.jpg
    10410593_10152728281304223_3185277562971299194_n.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 23
Still lots of Izhmash rifles out there, thought he price is climbing rapidly.

With that said, I wouldn't buy a modern Saiga/Izzy in 7.62x39. Go with a milled receiver 1960s Russian or Bulgarian rifle.

Of course, I'm all about the 5.45:
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I am so fucking jealous right now! I would definitely go for a 5.45 too, I don't see the need for a bigger round honestly. Do you happen to have a SG553? That in my opinion is the best 'western' rifle ever. Damn Swiss, they truly are like elfs. That being said, right now I'm looking for a handgun I was looking into either Springfield Armoury XD3 or LCP Ruger. Still have time to think about it, since its not a urgent need. I don't like Glocks, we have one of those in Venezuela and its damn awful to shoot, never fails though and shoots all the time, I just don't like the trigger.

I love Russian weaponry, but their optics are absolutely shit, not ergonomic at all. I can ask around if you want, but pesos will be involved for sure. About the FN49 and the Venezuelan FAL I have never seen them in my life. That old Venezuelan shield though, plenty of memories.

Russian optics are some of the finest in the world, easily rivalling anything coming out of the U.S. check-out the PK6, Obzor, Rakurs, Kashtan or any of the other hi-tech, hi-end optics produced in Russia.

My friend, who writes the above-cited blog, collects them - allowing me the privallage to play with some very rare in the US scopes that AK aficionados would kill to touch.

ZenOptics35-Labels.JPG

23 looks fucking sexy, I'm completely ignorant about their quality, I only talk for how they look and ergonomics, they are massive. Which one of those would be the equivalent of an Eotech holographic sight? I'm interested in hearing about how they perform against their communist counterpart.

The closest to the Eotech (but far superior) would be the little PK06 collimator:

PK06-size.jpg

PK-AS is just a little larger, but also excellent:

PKAS_AKSU.JPG

My personal fave is the Obzor - battery-free illumination using tritium and ambient light cells:

Socom762_AK105_Obzor_Left02.jpg

Kashtan offers a nice ACOG-like wide field, low magnification tritium scope

1P78_Kashtan_Ukraine04.jpg

Made with tritium? has to be hella expensive, that is a hell of a set-up though. The PK06 looks a lot smaller than the Eotech, yet better? win win! Did you see the flash suppressor that the Russian Armed Forces were sporting when they invaded Ukraine? It has serrated edges, it looked pretty bad ass.

Nobody ever replied... I want to get a Glock, but a big one. Which models are the larger sizes? It's for home protection, so I want to put an intruder down with the first shot. Less shit to clean up that way, too.

I think Glock 20 pehaps? I think that's the one with 10mm rounds. In Venezuela we have the Glock 17CI believe, 12 rounds or so 9mm . I want to get a Springfield Armoury XD 9mm 15 rounds or so. I don't really like how Glocks' trigger feel.

Nobody ever replied... I want to get a Glock, but a big one. Which models are the larger sizes? It's for home protection, so I want to put an intruder down with the first shot. Less shit to clean up that way, too.

Sounds like you are describing the Glock 21 full-size in .45acp. or G31 in .357Sig. There is also a 10mm, but that would be unadvisable unless you are a seasoned shooter.

For home protection, any of the caliber's Gaston Glock's Plastic Fantastic is chambered for would be fine, with correct ammo selection and shot placement.

Sounds like you are describing the Glock 21 full-size in .45acp. or G31 in .357Sig. There is also a 10mm, but that would be unadvisable unless you are a seasoned shooter.

For home protection, any of the caliber's Gaston Glock's Plastic Fantastic is chambered for would be fine, with correct ammo selection and shot placement.

A plastic gun?

Why 10mm un-advisable?

A plastic gun?

Why 10mm un-advisable?

Glock were the first to popularize and really mass produce polymer framed pistols (though HK were doing it years earlier in the VP70).

10mm is expensive to purchase because it is rather exotic and the recoil is difficult for many less experienced shooters to handle. It was an experimental round designed for the FBI and ultimately abandoned by them due to excessive recoil. Most law enforcement agencies are using 9mm or .40, with a few opting for the high velocity .357Sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom