Thanks again.

I just picked this video to illustrate what I mean. There is also the Kriss Vector that has appeard in various videos but I suppose this falls under the circumstances Dropbear has just explained.

I remember the part about the sear from a talk show. They compared it to owning only certain parts of a car that give you the right to build a new one. Again, I would imagine you could easily build such a small piece if you wanted to.

You’re dead right. I take at as a testament to American gun owners that they would rather spend 12 months and $40,000 to own a legal machine gun rather than 30 minutes of shop fabrication to make a $1 bit of steel to illegally convert a $500 rifle into a machine gun.

This will give you an idea of market values and what is available:

Speaking of illegal machine guns, the Chinese Wish glock sear story is certainly an interesting one ...

Last edited:
7D4DD27D-02DF-42E4-A582-EDC470022346.jpeg

Sooooo many state law violations in a single firearm. Chicken Wing here is about to do time in San Quentin.

RIP SIG

What do you think the odds are that the US arm continues? It has been successful with military and police bids. The production of the M17 & M18 is stateside.

What do you think the odds are that the US arm continues? It has been successful with military and police bids. The production of the M17 & M18 is stateside.

I was wondering the same thing. They have a lot of government contracts here and several local products that sell well to the CHL crowd. Plus the training academy seems to be breaking even.

I was wondering the same thing. They have a lot of government contracts here and several local products that sell well to the CHL crowd. Plus the training academy seems to be breaking even.

This line makes me think that it will go on:because Sig L&O Holdings

The locational disadvantages in Germany for SIG Sauer do not economically allow for manufacturing of sports and LE/military firearms in the future.

L&O Holdings owns the separate US SIG Sauer Inc. plus Swiss Arms, Blaser and Mauser. They also said nothing of closing their other German factories.

It will be interesting to see what direction they go in the US, if they break free from the Euro parent company.

I’ve owned a couple of imported Sigs and my daily carry is a US market Sig (though basically a Colt Mustang for the new century).

They haven’t been terribly innovative, but they make a solid firearm.

It will be interesting to see what direction they go in the US, if they break free from the Euro parent company.

I’ve owned a couple of imported Sigs and my daily carry is a US market Sig (though basically a Colt Mustang for the new century).

They haven’t been terribly innovative, but they make a solid firearm.

The SIG P238 sure is a nifty little pistol. If I didn't have far more guns than ready money, I'd be tempted to buy one. But, then, I have a Colt Mustang (in the +2 variant), which is okay, but I liked the one P238 I ever shot better. Of course, both hark back to a Star/Echeverria pistol that had been around since the 1950s, I believe.

Ok, so it’s definitely old news, but how freakin cool was Bogey cleaning his pistols while wearing white pants??

5068B798-B776-4BAE-AD4A-AC147F692574.jpeg
D56324BD-44AA-4683-A9EB-F232C5411CAE.jpeg

^ That looks rather like a flintlock pistol over on the left (closest to Bogie) and then a Luger PO8 second from the right.

^ That looks rather like a flintlock pistol over on the left (closest to Bogie) and then a Luger PO8 second from the right.

Indeed. Actually looks like he kept a few souvenirs from the props department on his films.

I think I make out a Luger, SAA cowboy revolver (maybe cap and ball?), 1911, Colt 1903, and Colt 1917 and holding a flintlock pirate gun.

The SAA is definitely that, not a cap & ball. The big Colt DA is definitely a New Service, can't tell if it's a 1917 or not. The muzzleloader looks like a percussion model to me. The auto pistol second from left (in the left hand photo) is presumably your choice for a 1911, but it doesn't look quite right to me, but I'm not sure what else it might be. Kind of a paltry battery for a man of Bogart's presumable wealth, if you ask me.

Funny thing, two of my US colleagues showed me their latest gun purchases this week on Teams. They looked like machine guns to me.

AR-15? Scary black looking weapons? Chicago Typewriter?

The Chicago typewriter gives the ideal gangster look:
2bfc166707a1282e9b513d51afe2434c.jpg

They looked liked Glock 18's turned into semi-machine guns with the laser site so when the intruder comes into your house it is small enough to use in tight spaces, powerful enough to neutralize the intruder.

Given how cheap shotguns can be and how ubiquitous they are, why the hell would anyone go to the bother of "homemaking" a shotgun?

Any of you gun guys been following along with the new trend of people shooting their genitalia off on purpose just to show that they dont need no stinking gun training?

Given how cheap shotguns can be and how ubiquitous they are, why the hell would anyone go to the bother of "homemaking" a shotgun?

I think that it's considerably more difficult to get a gun in the UK. However, if he lived on farmland and had a clean record, he should have been able to get a shotgun license.

Any of you gun guys been following along with the new trend of people shooting their genitalia off on purpose just to show that they dont need no stinking gun training?

Yes. I read an article recently about a man who shot his testicles. He was part of an online movement where men point loaded guns at their genitals to mock people like doghouse doghouse , who insist on gun safety.

Apparently, the guy who shot his testicles is now being lauded as a hero by others.

I think that it's considerably more difficult to get a gun in the UK. However, if he lived on farmland and had a clean record, he should have been able to get a shotgun license.

Yes. I read an article recently about a man who shot his testicles. He was part of an online movement where men point loaded guns at their genitals to mock people like doghouse doghouse , who insist on gun safety.

Apparently, the guy who shot his testicles is now being lauded as a hero by others.
From what i read it was more to mock people like Dropbear Dropbear basically saying hey, fuck you, i dont need no damn gun training.

I didn't realize this incident occurred in the UK. That puts it in a different perspective.

A pal of mine shot himself in the testicles a few years before I met him. The trigger of his 1911 caught on the lip of a plastic break-front holster he was using during an IPSC match.

They are not ‘cheap or ubiquitous’ in the UK. There is a large criminal enterprise ‘reactivating’ replica guns too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom