The Master List of Forum Approved Clothes Makers, Shoe Makers, and Tailors

Trying to order these tracksuit pants and t-shirts seems to be the hardest thing in the world to do. I have never found anything so difficult to buy in my life.

Trying to order these tracksuit pants and t-shirts seems to be the hardest thing in the world to do. I have never found anything so difficult to buy in my life.
can't you just go to an adidas store? are you trying to get some fancy ass eastern Himalaya llama fur type setup?

can't you just go to an adidas store?
tehe, l like that comment, A LOT!

I want the best tracksuit pants. Why? Because l like wearing them in the cooler months at night when at home or when l get up in the morning. I wear them a lot because they are comfortable. I think it is a good idea that l buy really really good ones.

I saw Putin's Loro Piana tracksuit pants, very expensive, but very very nice. He got caught out too....he was trying to make out he was a regular guy, but the media busted him and reported he was wearing a $3,220.00 tracksuit. :lolguy:
Putin- loro piana tracksuit $3220.jpg

Some men like Putin and myself need top notch tracksuit pants.

The pair l want are hand made by a man in France. Apparently they are top of the heap, ie, they are the bees knees. The idea of having tracksuit pants made-in-France is something that has appealed to me for years.

You have talked about a cashmere set, from Sunspel before?

I have Derek Rose cashmere tracksuit pants.

I've also been searching for Hermes'made-in-France tracksuit pants, but my desired pair are too expensive at 5K.

Bookmarking this pen link. Said to be the Rolls Royce of pens.

Luxury coat hangers. Very expensive, but l will post a link here.

This is a great business to buy from too. I buy garment bags from here to store all my clothes in during summer. They sell lots of good things. An aussie store and good people.

Last edited:
1612055050974.png

You can get these in Collingwood for less than $4 each - in different shoulder widths too.

View attachment 36158

You can get these in Collingwood for less than $4 each - in different shoulder widths too.
Where abouts? Those look really weak.

These are a one piece coat hanger, good for a bespoke item with a top quality suit bag.

I am going to get one of these better quality panama hats before too long. A bloke says if we buy direct we can get panama hats for a 1/3 or 1/4 of the price for very good quality.

Would want to get a monticristi with a purple band, a navy band and the usual black band to match various shoes.

Can anyone get into the website?

and an aussie company in Castlemaine that sells panama hats.

Also want a navy and dark brown felt flat cap for the winter. I really need to start getting better hats, sadly I will need to order online.

Last edited:
Can anyone get into the website?

Also want a navy and dark brown felt flat cap for the winter. I really need to start getting better hats, sadly I will need to order online.

The link doesn't work for me, Shooey. I also did a Google search and tried getting to the website that way, but it didn't work, either.

I bought my Panama hat (actually made in Ecuador, as they all should be) from a local hat shop here in Brisbane. The owner talked to me about the various grades, the fineness of the weave and so on. To be frank, even though you might pay more, it's the sort of thing that I'd prefer to try on and buy in person, rather than buying on the internet.

With regard to flat caps, a felt flat cap just feels a bit odd. I've got a couple of herringbone tweed ones that I inherited from my dad and I like the patterns. The felt would just be a bit "flat", or plain, for my tastes.

The link doesn't work for me, Shooey. I also did a Google search and tried getting to the website that way, but it didn't work, either.

I bought my Panama hat (actually made in Ecuador, as they all should be) from a local hat shop here in Brisbane. The owner talked to me about the various grades, the fineness of the weave and so on. To be frank, even though you might pay more, it's the sort of thing that I'd prefer to try on and buy in person, rather than buying on the internet.

With regard to flat caps, a felt flat cap just feels a bit odd. I've got a couple of herringbone tweed ones that I inherited from my dad and I like the patterns. The felt would just be a bit "flat", or plain, for my tastes.
100% with exception of flat caps. I think they're great in the winter. They're probably the only hats still worn in the UK and the Netherlands you can wear without drawing any attention as being rather unusual and old fashioned.

agh

I have always bought my hats local, but the quality is very ordinary and the selection is limited. Might be worth measuring my head and see what size they recommend.

You might be right.

100% with exception of flat caps. I think they're great in the winter.

To avoid any misunderstanding, I wear flat caps including (as I mentioned above) a couple I inherited from my dad and really like them. I think that they are particularly good in winter although I also have a couple in linen that are good in summer.

However, as I said, I just don't think that a flat cap made out of felt would suit the style. It would be a bit plain, and I prefer my flat caps to have a weave, or pattern, to the fabric.

Last edited:
Another Dutch shoemaker: Van Bommel, not to be confused with Floris Van Bommel. Like all of the Dutch shoemakers they have some awful nasty and cheap ranges, but seek and ye shall find some reasonable priced Euros 229-269 if you're on a budget. They're not C&J Hand Grade, but certainly equal to English bench made shoes in that price range e.g. Loake's:

View attachment 30801

View attachment 30802

View attachment 30803

View attachment 30804

View attachment 30805
I thought they were one and the same?
Van Bommel and Floris van Bommel?

Some good bespoke known values which can make consensus:
- Corcos (top SF gent ref) +3k
- Paone +2k (does London TS)
- Vergallo +2k (does London TS)
- Tofani =2k (for new customers + #bi#homo#)
- Crimi = 1,6k
- Eduardo di Simone atelier (not a tailor himself) = 1,4k
- Master Oreo = True Mystery Price (TMP)

All very little operations (the cutter is the maker for the most parts) excepted di Simone (his work doesn't inspire me - same for Vergallo - but seems globally correct).

I won't shill for my tailor since it's a bit hit-or-miss with him.

tofani is up to 2.7k

asked him last week

I'm sure you can negotiate the price with Tofani, 2.7k is very expensive for Napoli outside the big names (Rubinacci, Panico, Solito, Ciardi).

I thought they were one and the same?
Van Bommel and Floris van Bommel?
You're right as regards ownership. Floris van Bommel was set-up in 1990 as a distinct brand to focus more on casual shoes and sneakers with Van Bommel focusing on formal shoes.

Of the Dutch shoemakers, Greve is the best.

You're right as regards ownership. Floris van Bommel was set-up in 1990 as a distinct brand to focus more on casual shoes and sneakers with Van Bommel focusing on formal shoes.

Of the Dutch shoemakers, Greve is the best.
When I lived in Amstelveen for 5 years my shoes were either van Bommel or van Lier. I never saw Greve at the time.

I'm sure you can negotiate the price with Tofani, 2.7k is very expensive for Napoli outside the big names (Rubinacci, Panico, Solito, Ciardi).
yes, i assumed that the rising popularity brought the price up. however, i'll only visit naples with my dear lkp

my tailor is in turkey where the price is even less than in italy

When I lived in Amstelveen for 5 years my shoes were either van Bommel or van Lier. I never saw Greve at the time.
Greve have been around since the 1890s. Their slip on ''moccasins'' were apparently all the rage back in the 1980s. Notice my orthodontist has a pair.

I've the Breda derby's in black and burgundy for work. They're the best of the Dutch shoe makers IMCO.

My reccomended Shirtmaker is Smyth and Gibson, although I do treat myself to Emma Willis, T&A, and Truzzi. My shoemakers are Loake and Cheaney. My knitwear is John Smedley and any other made in UK knitter. Alan Paine, although off shored is good value for money. Socks are Corgi and Pantherella. My underwear is Hanro and Perofil. My sleepwear is Derek Rose, Bonsoir and Liberty. My Polos are Sunspel, Fedeli, Alan Paine and John Smedley. My Trousers are cords and chinos from BB or Lands End. I am looking at made in UK trousers, my Cordings chinos are very heavy.

My reccomended Shirtmaker is Smyth and Gibson, although I do treat myself to Emma Willis, T&A, and Truzzi. My shoemakers are Loake and Cheaney. My knitwear is John Smedley and any other made in UK knitter. Alan Paine, although off shored is good value for money. Socks are Corgi and Pantherella. My underwear is Hanro and Perofil. My sleepwear is Derek Rose, Bonsoir and Liberty. My Polos are Sunspel, Fedeli, Alan Paine and John Smedley. My Trousers are cords and chinos from BB or Lands End. I am looking at made in UK trousers, my Cordings chinos are very heavy.
Had a few Truzi shirts, slim fitting and well made. I can still carry off a slim fit shirt, except when I sit down.

T&A are hideously expensive coming into the EU now. With the import duties on the current the range, it will end up costing about €500 a shirt. I'll be waiting for the next sales.

I recently (less than 2 weeks ago) bought some items from the UK and I'm not charged with import duties at all. EU made products by bought to UK.

I recently (less than 2 weeks ago) bought some items from the UK and I'm not charged with import duties at all. EU made products by bought to UK.
It depends on your luck, which country and whether you're on the list of known buyers of quality merchandize they can justify their salary on.

I'll be going the F.G. van den Heuvel solution this year where possible.

Last edited:
This looks tempting for the summer, a Teba jacket from The Merchant Fox:

ÂŁ680!
You get a MTO in Lopez Aragon for around eur300 and they have RTW models on offer for EuR 199.00
Granted is not air wool or whatever it is called. I think they use Drago's version of the fresco fabric.

ÂŁ680!
You get a MTO in Lopez Aragon for around eur300 and they have RTW models on offer for EuR 199.00
Granted is not air wool or whatever it is called. I think they use Drago's version of the fresco fabric.
Now that's the kind of answer I was looking for!

Thanks.

This looks tempting for the summer, a Teba jacket from The Merchant Fox:

I really loved it from first sight, but I just can't see wearing it.

I did get one of their Navy issue work jackets this winter that I love.

I really loved it from first sight, but I just can't see wearing it.

I did get one of their Navy issue work jackets this winter that I love.
I think you're right there. Good attention to finishing based on the photos.

I've gone off work and military style jackets. Most of my Buzz Rickson's stuff was bought when I was a size 42, now I'm a 44. It's intriguing that Ivy League stuff I would wear 6 and 7 years ago, I wouldn't touch now as it just doesn't suit the more mature me. I still look 10 years younger than my age, how long that will last. We shall see.

I think you're right there. Good attention to finishing based on the photos.

I've gone off work and military style jackets. Most of my Buzz Rickson's stuff was bought when I was a size 42, now I'm a 44. It's intriguing that Ivy League stuff I would wear 6 and 7 years ago, I wouldn't touch now as it just doesn't suit the more mature me. I still look 10 years younger than my age, how long that will last. We shall see.
I thought the attraction of Ivy was that you could transition from entitled student to fusty old professor without having to overhaul your wardrobe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom