The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)


Sounds like I got into the wrong profession...

"'Oh, hey we're going to have kind of a sexual get-together at one of our homes. You should come.' I'm like, what did you just ask me to come to? Then you realize they're asking you to come to an orgy,' Cawthorn said.

He then continued talking about 'the fact there are some of the people leading on the movement to try and remove addiction in our country, and then you watch them do a key bump of cocaine right in front of you. And you're like, 'This is wild.'"
 


Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE
 

"The head of French military intelligence, Gen Eric Vidaud, is losing his job after failing to predict Russia's war in Ukraine, reports say."

The US guy should get a raise and promotion. They were broadcasting it daily since the Olympics in February.
 



It's the year 2022 and we are still preparing for a Doomsday scenario? The citizens of planet Earth will be happy we have it all worked out on how to respond to a nuclear attack with retaliatory nuclear attacks... or God forbid take the conflict out into space.
 

"'We never had so many opponents,' he said, quoted by AFP. 'Brussels bureaucrats... the international mainstream media, and the Ukrainian president.'
Following the result, Russian President Vladimir Putin sent Mr Orban a congratulatory message on the Telegram messaging app, according to the Kremlin."

"Mr Orban is famed for his warm relations with Vladimir Putin. He signed up to Western sanctions - but refuses to supply Ukraine with weapons. He's the only EU leader to openly criticise President Zelensky."
 

"'We never had so many opponents,' he said, quoted by AFP. 'Brussels bureaucrats... the international mainstream media, and the Ukrainian president.'
Following the result, Russian President Vladimir Putin sent Mr Orban a congratulatory message on the Telegram messaging app, according to the Kremlin."

"Mr Orban is famed for his warm relations with Vladimir Putin. He signed up to Western sanctions - but refuses to supply Ukraine with weapons. He's the only EU leader to openly criticise President Zelensky."
Very disappointed with Orban, he was part of the underground university system back in the 70s and 80s, so should be part of the resistence against Russian terror now.
 

"The prime minister of Pakistan serves for a five-year term. However no elected or appointed prime ministers have served the entirety of their term to date."

Makes you wonder why you want the top job.
 
The French electoral MO is a weird one. I'd eat 30 hats if Marie Le Pen won or even came close. She has reformed or tried to clean up her party a lot, from the truly nasty party of her father but still not enough.

I expect Macron to easily canter to victory.
 
The French electoral MO is a weird one. I'd eat 30 hats if Marie Le Pen won or even came close. She has reformed or tried to clean up her party a lot, from the truly nasty party of her father but still not enough.

I expect Macron to easily canter to victory.
France is a place I can't work out anymore...

Snobbish as can be and meanwhile parts of their cities are run down like many UK cities with an ambience of threatening gangs and imminent violence. Then you have parts of the countryside that are peasant like in population and housing. Finally you have a professional class who have a chip on the shoulder and act like they're being abused like 19th century mill workers. Strange cats. Still, good supermarkets, wine, cognac and calvados.
 
There are places in France like Romford?
Paris? I sorta kid. I have spent a lot of time in France over the years and I am there multiple times a year. The slums in France (including Paris) are grottier than that in the UK and per capita, there is significantly more apparent homelessness than the UK.

Even in the salubrious parts of France. Food and drink is levels above the UK though.
 
Damned by feint praise?
UK food has come up in leaps and bounds. Quality restaurants aplenty in the UK and the local produce is impressive but the French still do food better (well, contemporary European cuisine), and the value is better too.

For instance, French raw butter (which I mostly use) is infinitely superior to any widely-available UK butter (butter in the US is akin to eating snot)

That is no insult.
 
For instance, French raw butter (which I mostly use) is infinitely superior to any widely-available UK butter (butter in the US is akin to eating snot)

What do you mean? Our dairy is pasteurized. No one gets poisoned with the runs eating it.

American "cheese" on the other hand...
 
What do you mean? Our dairy is pasteurized. No one gets poisoned with the runs eating it.

American "cheese" on the other hand...

It is pasteurised (which I hate) but even the quality. For instance, Kerrygold used to be lauded by chefs and a few food lovers when I was in the states. Kerrygold butter is an Irish butter brand which is ok, nothing remotely special here and it was the bees knees and classed as 'really good butter'.

As you say, the less said of American cheese the better, it is not cheese.
 
It is pasteurised (which I hate) but even the quality. For instance, Kerrygold used to be lauded by chefs and a few food lovers when I was in the states. Kerrygold butter is an Irish butter brand which is ok, nothing remotely special here and it was the bees knees and classed as 'really good butter'.

As you say, the less said of American cheese the better, it is not cheese.
everything in america is worse
 

"Holders of a green card - so named for the coloured card it was historically printed on - must pay tax in America and declare their intention to make the US their permanent home."

Maybe it says something about the state of your country when you're the Chancellor of the Exchequer and you keep this in your back pocket.
 

doghouse doghouse you know this guy?
No, thankfully. He sounds peachy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom