The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

It’s officially a circus.

"If the College Board amends the course to comply, provides a full course curriculum, and incorporates historically accurate content, then the Department will reconsider the course for approval,"

Florida is where woke goes to die - Gov. Ron DeSantis

I don't know how anyone can stand behind this idiot!
“I think you’re gonna find there’s nothing there. I have no regrets. I’m following what the lawyers have told me they want me to do. That’s exactly what we’re doing. There’s no there there. Thank you.” - President Biden.

"Foreign Minister Naledi Pandor condemned the 'double-standard' which says some countries can perform such exercises but others are not.
'All countries conduct military exercises with friends worldwide,' Dr Pandor added."

“'What we think this exercise demonstrates is we can walk and chew gum at the same time,' the senior defense official who spoke to NBC News said, citing the focus on China and the roughly 100,000 forces in Europe to support NATO and Ukraine.

'We still have the excess capacity to be able to flex to another high priority area of responsibility and conduct an exercise on this scale.'”

"Dozens of local and foreign journalists watched the highly choreographed demonstration near Kaohsiung on Jan. 11, but for Taiwan’s army, a battle with airborne communists is closer to reality.

An invasion by Chinese troops is more likely now than any time in the recent past, according to Maj. Gen Yu-Chin 'Eugene' Lee, commander of the troops training at Kaohsiung."

Let's practise killing each other and burn some fuel and rounds of ammunition...

Does this disqualify him from the 2024 bid or actually maybe it qualifies him for the 2024 bid given the two other men who are throwing their hat in the ring.

Not only should former Presidents dig around for classified documents, now former VPs should as well.

“'No. You know why I’m standing by him? Because his constituents voted for him,' McCarthy said. 'I do not have the power simply because if I disagree with somebody or what they have said that I remove them from elected office.'"

... Also he voted for me to be speaker.

"An Emerson Poll conducted earlier this week found 55% of Republican voters supporting Mr Trump, well ahead of the 29% for Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who has not announced a presidential bid but is viewed to be the former president's most formidable rival. A Monmouth poll in December had Mr DeSantis ahead by double-digits."

His free fall has reversed. Not sure either of those names are of any comfort to Democrats.

"We’re at the brink of World War III, just in case anybody doesn’t know it. As president, I will bring back peace through strength."

Through strength, there will be peace. Sort of like through war you will have peace. Si vis pacem, para bellum

"[Trump] claimed that if he were president, there would be 'a peace deal negotiated within 24 hours' to end Russia's invasion of Ukraine."

Not only was he appointed by Boris Johnson as Chancellor of the Exchequer whilst owing money to the very same organisation he was set to run, didn't he also throw his hat in to be Johnson's successor? Where is the vetting process in the Tory party? The tax issue surfaced in 2021.

"'Well, I am Muslim,' she added. 'I am an immigrant, and interestingly, from Africa. Is anyone surprised that I am being targeted? Is anyone surprised that I am somehow deemed unworthy to speak about American foreign policy? Or that they see me as a powerful voice that needs to be silenced?'"

"No-one yet has officially declared their candidacy for the presidency, including President Erdogan himself. There is a debate on whether he should even be allowed to run, since he has already been elected twice - the maximum limit."

There are ways around this. Just pick up the phone and call your friends.

Is that really the harshest language in Mitt Romney's vocabulary?

"Republicans have also zeroed in on Hunter Biden's business dealings in China. During his father's vice presidency, Hunter Biden was involved with an investment firm that sought to raise money in China."

Last time Ukraine...this time China.

"Hunter Biden's involvement with the Ukrainian natural gas company Burisma led to Trump's first impeachment after he asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to investigate the Bidens. Multiple investigations into the matter, including one led by Senate Republicans, found no evidence of wrongdoing.

Federal prosecutors have been investigating Hunter Biden's taxes since 2018, years before his father was elected president. He has denied any wrongdoing, saying, 'I handled my affairs legally and appropriately.'"

This committee will nail Hunter Biden like they nailed Trump on insurrection tax fraud sexual assault/rape misplacing classified files corruption....

"Feinstein had been under pressure for years from other Democrats in the state to make room for a younger generation of legislators who could fill her seat. She had also declined the role in the new Congress of president pro tempore, which has traditionally been the senior member of the majority party since the mid-20th century."

And I thought Pelosi was past it.

"Feinstein had been under pressure for years from other Democrats in the state to make room for a younger generation of legislators who could fill her seat. She had also declined the role in the new Congress of president pro tempore, which has traditionally been the senior member of the majority party since the mid-20th century."

And I thought Pelosi was past it.

She is 89! Should have happened 25 years ago. Ridiculous!

What about the referendum!?!!

"But in truth, it's far from clear if and when another referendum will happen. The SNP is due to hold a special conference in March to discuss whether to use the next general election as a de facto referendum. But it is controversial. Some senior figures accept it won't work - others have accused Sturgeon of waiting too long to push that case."

Oh..okay...

I had no idea she was Indian maybe because I only ever hear her accent. Found out this morning listening at the gym.

"'We're not afraid,' he told me, 'Because if Russia wanted to take Moldova, they'd do it in half a day.'"

...well Ukraine was supposed to be a few days to a week so extrapolating this would be 6 months.

"'In my personal opinion, yes,' he said. 'With Russia we'd be much better off than we are now.'

Many people in Chisinau see closer ties with the West as a way to secure Moldova's independence and democracy at a critical time. President Sandu's party has a solid majority in parliament.

But the view from the crowd outside that parliament on Sunday was different, and there's the risk the pressure could widen the splits in Moldova's diverse society.

The risk is clear when Ala and her friends were asked whether they believe Russia wants to infiltrate Moldova, as their president fears.

'Yes, let them come!' they shout. 'We want them to come here. We want to be part of Russia!'"

“'Why should we keep the borders open? Well because we are still very dependent on the financial part' of Russian business, she said.

But to close the border now would be to make an enemy of a people who are, in Kirkenes, friends and classmates. Nine of the 21 students in Ms. Brandshaug’s daughter’s class have Russian relations. Some of their parents openly support Russian President Vladimir Putin. The Puckers youth program recently added 10 new child players: five Russians, five Ukrainian refugees.

'We have to balance our political resistance against Putin with meeting each other as humans to have a good society for our children to live in,' Ms. Brandshaug said."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom