Trouble in Palestine and Israel

E13DFLgWQAgUGIk.png

your entire worldview summed up in one meme.
When you join a demonstration in support of Hamas, a group who's aim is to eliminate Jews, with grotesque anti-Semitic blow-up caricatures next to you as with Corbyn when he was giving his speech at the weekend, then you're a racist, anti-Semitic bigot.

When you expect Israel to not defend itself, make false equivalences to the Holocaust, genocide and that Jews are uniquely bad and you blast out with loud speakers in a slow driving convoy through parts of London with large Jewish populations that you're going fuck their mothers and daughters then it isn't criticism.

Why was the Left not marching for the Kurds who had a village flattened by Turkey a week so ago?

Why not march against The Kingdom, who are busy bombing indiscriminately in Yemen?

But we all know the truth, when it comes to racism, anti-Semitism is the only acceptable game in town.

Edit: apologies, the actual message delivered to north London was ''Fuck the Jews, rape their mothers and daughters.'' Charming.
I think we should listen to Mr. Smith. He is generally getting this right. I live in the Middle East. I have an Arab Moslem wife and Palestinian family members. Professionally, I have helped several Arabs find sanity through immigration to Canada or Oz.

As Mr. Biden has just said, we do need a 2 state solution, but we'd better wise-up to the reality of the horror that would be rampant were one of these states to be led by Hamas or other Islamic jihadists.

Last edited:
Our old friend Globetrotter posted this one. I know there is more complexity to it all, but not entirely wrong.

CC0A9689-EFEE-41F8-9684-F4405FD2CC61.jpeg

Our old friend Globetrotter posted this one. I know there is more complexity to it all, but not entirely wrong.

View attachment 38300
In Gaza it's only male homosexuals who get 10 years in jail. The ladies get a free pass, although they'd likely get honour killed by irate and disgusted family members or suitors if found out. And there is no legal protection against employers, shops or people discriminating or harassing LGBTQ. So you could still stoned or your head kicked in on the street.

So yes, Queers for Palestine, is absolutely cretinous of the highest rank order as both male and female homosexuals can get a 10 year jail sentence. Lesbians for Gaza would make slightly more sense, but not that much.

In Gaza it's only male homosexuals who get 10 years in jail. The ladies get a free pass, although they'd likely get honour killed by irate and disgusted family members or suitors if found out. And there is no legal protection against employers, shops or people discriminating or harassing LGBTQ. So you could still stoned or your head kicked in on the street.

So yes, Queers for Palestine, is absolutely cretinous of the highest rank order as both male and female homosexuals can get a 10 year jail sentence. Lesbians for Gaza would make slightly more sense, but not that much.
And that’s the complexity I was talking about that you are missing.

Gaza isn’t Palestine. Things are quite different in the West Bank.

Hamas isn’t Gaza. It’s possible to support the people of Gaza while opposing their rulers. It’s a difficult message to convey on a hand painted banner, but I’m sure there would be a lot of people whose slogan is really: ‘people who support the rights of the Palestinian people to not be getting fucked over by either Tel Aviv or Hamas’.

That may be a good and moral position to hold, but then the ethics get murky for some. Years ago I interviewed a lot of people who were active in the antiwar movement in the early sixties. They supported a negotiated peace that minimised both American and Vietnamese deaths while protecting the safety of the South from Northern invasion. Then the pro-North Vietnam communists showed up to protests and they felt their message was refracted through the media lens as being the same. It turned into a reductionist argument of being either pro North or pro South.

And that’s the complexity I was talking about that you are missing.

Gaza isn’t Palestine. Things are quite different in the West Bank.

Hamas isn’t Gaza. It’s possible to support the people of Gaza while opposing their rulers. It’s a difficult message to convey on a hand painted banner, but I’m sure there would be a lot of people whose slogan is really: ‘people who support the rights of the Palestinian people to not be getting fucked over by either Tel Aviv or Hamas’.

That may be a good and moral position to hold, but then the ethics get murky for some. Years ago I interviewed a lot of people who were active in the antiwar movement in the early sixties. They supported a negotiated peace that minimised both American and Vietnamese deaths while protecting the safety of the South from Northern invasion. Then the pro-North Vietnam communists showed up to protests and they felt their message was refracted through the media lens as being the same. It turned into a reductionist argument of being either pro North or pro South.
you're wasting your time. all arabs = homosexual killing machines.

you're wasting your time. all arabs = homosexual killing machines.
It is those running the countries who matter because they make the rules, and across the middle east, isn't particularly good.
1621794484803.png

Source: Wikipedia.

Israel is the only one that allows same-sex marriage according to that map.

The message there: instead of spending all your money on rockets in your ''open prison'' do some infrastructure works instead. If you see the Mediterranean sea as a prison wall, think outside the box, outside of your cultural norms: create beach bars, seaside facilities, marinas, hotels and nightclubs for tourists and the like. Loads of Westerners and Queers for Gaza and Palestine just can't wait to get a sample of the noble culture of resistance within.

Please: ''Neighborhoods historically redlined and home to communities of color have higher rates of asthma and get hotter in the summer than the surrounding areas.'' Why would areas of color get hotter than neighbouring areas? Is the weather or climate a creation of white fragility or supremacy? In the words of Harry the Cad ''It's bonkers!''

The message there: instead of spending all your money on rockets in your ''open prison'' do some infrastructure works instead.
They get BILLIONS of funding every year, yet they have absolutely NOTHING to show for it. I don't even care if they wouldn't spend on infrastructure, but they don't even have real rockets. Of course it's most likely 100% embezzled, but then why are we still paying them? I don't really get this.

The message there: instead of spending all your money on rockets in your ''open prison'' do some infrastructure works instead. If you see the Mediterranean sea as a prison wall, think outside the box, outside of your cultural norms: create beach bars, seaside facilities, marinas, hotels and nightclubs for tourists and the like. Loads of Westerners and Queers for Gaza and Palestine just can't wait to get a sample of the noble culture of resistance within.

Please: ''Neighborhoods historically redlined and home to communities of color have higher rates of asthma and get hotter in the summer than the surrounding areas.'' Why would areas of color get hotter than neighbouring areas? Is the weather or climate a creation of white fragility or supremacy? In the words of Harry the Cad ''It's bonkers!''
They get BILLIONS of funding every year, yet they have absolutely NOTHING to show for it. I don't even care if they wouldn't spend on infrastructure, but they don't even have real rockets. Of course it's most likely 100% embezzled, but then why are we still paying them? I don't really get this.
of course all the money must go to rockets...

Hamas, indoctrinating the next generation of suicide bombers, this is so twisted on many levels including the desperate kissing:

You can't deny that cartoon is wooden and barren of the truth of 4,000 rockets launched against a sovereign state, of which the Left, deem the worse of all nations and must not be allowed to defend itself.

I prefer the old anti-Semites, we knew who we were dealing with, they were very open and that allowed my grandfather and his chums to kick the shit out them in London and Manchester back in the 1930s. I long for that day, when they stop hiding behind cartoons, caricatures and tropes about Zionism.

I'm confused what your opinion about Israel, Palestine and the Holy Land is. You're an ardent supporter of the British Commonwealth and Empire so British Palestine must not have been abominable to you. Yet you are a Bibi supporter here.

what a piece of shit op-ed that is. jesus christ. why didn't you just post the dershowitz atlantic piece?

Could we agree maybe that, much like Hamas, this comes from a small radicalised subset of Israelis, and maybe not representative of "those israelis"?
we could. could we also agree that maybe, just maybe, this is more than just a subset and this type of behavior is much more prevalent than what is being shown on the nightly news?

we could. could we also agree that maybe, just maybe, this is more than just a subset and this type of behavior is much more prevalent than what is being shown on the nightly news?

That’s not my experience, no, so I can’t really agree to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom