Video Games

looks a little esoteric. what's the gameplay like? just wander around the ocean?

It's mesmerising, kinda meditative even. There are a goals and a story, but it's very much in the background and what you make of it. I've caught myself smiling for no reason while playing this game. Haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long time.

The artwork and music are perfect, and the controls are so smooth. this review is pretty good:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jbNdcdgF2TQ

It's mesmerising, kinda meditative even. There are a goals and a story, but it's very much in the background and what you make of it. I've caught myself smiling for no reason while playing this game. Haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long time.

The artwork and music are perfect, and the controls are so smooth. this review is pretty good:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jbNdcdgF2TQ
looks interesting. don't know if my 3 year old laptop can handle all that processing though. my fan might melt.

I just realized that there are precious few games for three people to play in front of a television. Two players yes but three or more typically are sports games or mindless casual titles. Even the music, rhythm and dancing games are far and few in between.

I finally finished Fallout 4. I received it as a gift for 2015's Christmas along with my Xbox One.

The game says I spent nearly three days but I am sure I replayed a few minutes here and there when I died.

I actually don't feel anything and am not sure why this came continues to let me play after I obviously killed the bad guys. Wait I do feel I lost a bunch of time to some pixels on a screen that I can't explain to anyone.

My brother bought Star Wars Battlefront 2. Remind me why I want to mindlessly wail on some other sci-fi character impersonating another sci-fi character? He was saying how you could be Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Yoda and the emperor. My mind immediately thought I should be emperor - I'd run the empire and press and move the least amount of buttons and joysticks on the controller.

Last edited:
My brother bought Star Wars Battlefront 2. Remind me why I want mindlessly wail on some other sci-fi character impersonating another sci-fi character? He was saying how you could be Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Yoda and the emperor. My mind immediately thought I should be emperor - I'd run the empire and press and move the least amount of buttons and joysticks on the controller.
Wow didn’t he read about the EA boycott?

The one to do with the game he bought

Mandatory microtransactions? Okay - have people been living under a rock? This has been creeping up for the past decade. This is why I have near zero interest in mobile games.

Mandatory microtransactions? Okay - have people been living under a rock? This has been creeping up for the past decade. This is why I have near zero interest in mobile games.

Foo was always on the defensive like this.

PlayStation 5 and Xbox..whatever. Did anyone run out to purchase one?

I'm beginning to wonder about the futility of chasing for a few more frames per second or another 1K resolution.

We got out 7 year old an Oculus and fuck me if it isn’t a tonne of fun!

Older one is all about Minecraft Sky Wars.

You have a relentless work schedule that prevents you from spending quality time in real life so devoting what's remaining of that precious time to a virtual life seems a bit illogical.

I can’t do more than 5-10 minutes of that stuff until I’ve had enough, but the littlest is really enjoying the dance classes and career day games. BDD0C339-200E-4052-A90F-4BB607FA45B4.jpeg

i know we don't have many gamers here but this is activating all of my childhood nostalgia vibes

Metroid? Are you middle aged? You're dating yourself.

I just turned on my Xbox One for the first time in almost 10 months. The last time I turned it on was to use VLC to play some video files. Is it worth sinking time into any video games these days?

I just turned on my Xbox One for the first time in almost 10 months. The last time I turned it on was to use VLC to play some video files. Is it worth sinking time into any video games these days?
Quite a few. What types of games are you in to?

Been doing a lot of Ghost of Tsushima lately, addicted.
Nice. Ive got that here. Just started Jedi fallen order.

Quite a few. What types of games are you in to?

Nice. Ive got that here. Just started Jedi fallen order.

I looked at all the releases in the last 2 years and I thought either Gears 5 or Halo Infinite.

I don't know if I have the time to hammer away at some online RPG and I have shite reflexes for platform games. Psychonauts 2 looked rated highly but doesn't look interesting to me. Call of Duty looks like a retread of the many many Call of Duties.

Cheers Pauly for the suggestion but I'm not a fan of anime stuff. Final Fantasy to me is ...the CG movie...not the one with the anime characters.

Lindsay and I Diablo every week together
awwwwww
Cheers Pauly for the suggestion but I'm not a fan of anime stuff. Final Fantasy to me is ...the CG movie...not the one with the anime characters.
not anime think medieval samurai revenge killing. looks bad ass.

I don't know if I have the time to hammer away at some online RPG and I have shite reflexes for platform games. Psychonauts 2 looked rated highly but doesn't look interesting to me. Call of Duty looks like a retread of the many many Call of Duties.
some choice off the top of my head: red dead redemption 2, outer wilds, control, hitman 3 (or 2), the witcher 3, grand theft auto, sekiro, the mass effect series, the yakuza series.

Lindsay and I Diablo every week together

I’m probably the only non-gamer in my household, with my youngest into the Sims and Barbie Fashion.

We do all play Among Us together sometimes, but my oldest is a backstabbing little shit.

awwwwww

not anime think medieval samurai revenge killing. looks bad ass.

some choice off the top of my head: red dead redemption 2, outer wilds, control, hitman 3 (or 2), the witcher 3, grand theft auto, sekiro, the mass effect series, the yakuza series.

Ghost of Tsushima is a bad ass game. I gave up red dead redemption to focus on this game.

Anime shit is more like Persona.

Anime shit is more like Persona.
yeah i don't really do anime shit. i played nier last year and hated every minute of it.

Ghost of Tsushima is a bad ass game. I gave up red dead redemption to focus on this game.
got them both on the back burner. i was REALLY hoping to get a PS5 to help with the load times but alas, it seems that will never happen.

I looked at all the releases in the last 2 years and I thought either Gears 5 or Halo Infinite.

Playing Halo Infinite right now, I like the open world thing.

What's open world? It's like those MMO things or it's like Fallout or Assassin's Creed where all the missions are scattered all over?

What's open world? It's like those MMO things or it's like Fallout or Assassin's Creed where all the missions are scattered all over?
Never played either of those, but yes, missions scattered all over. I really like Halo's general storyline so I'm open to the change in gameplay. Think of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom