WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

How much was the shirt?

Expensive, but less than an Eidos shirt. It was a one off. Birthday present + getting new job present. I wanted to see what an entirely handmade shirt is like. Even all the hems are hand rolled, and the yoke and shoulder have those little 'bump' stitches.

It fits very nicely as well, and I like the collar, but I probably won't buy any more. Once I get my measurements I'll probably go with Sarto's shirts.
 
Wow, we'll really get to see a Sarto shirt then!

I hope one day we can read an SF Sarto affiliate thread.
 
So, I finally bought a sweater, but it's a bit more on the purple side of burgundy than it looked like in the pictures. Keep or return? Ignore the linen pants.
image.webp
 
Last edited:
Return. Quickly

You know that'll make me ask questions about a dozen of other sweaters again :lolguy:

Happy 4th of July btw! Hope you're enjoying your independence.

Oh lol, that's tomorrow. That's what 5 weeks of not working does to you.
 
Last edited:
I'd say return. You can do better.

Maybe I'll just get the blue one too. I've never had a sweater that fits as well or feels as bulletproof as this one. Then again, I've never spent 100 sterling on a sweater either until this one.
 
You know that'll make me ask questions about a dozen of other sweaters again :lolguy:

Happy 4th of July btw! Hope you're enjoying your independence.

Oh lol, that's tomorrow. That's what 5 weeks of not working does to you.
What happened to the beige one that everyone liked?
 
What happened to the beige one that everyone liked?

Changed my mind, as I wanted something more rustic. Don't think a beige sweater would look good on me anyways. I might get the navy or grey version of it down the line.
 
Changed my mind, as I wanted something more rustic. Don't think a beige sweater would look good on me anyways. I might get the navy or grey version of it down the line.
Why not get the navy or grey version now and quit fucking around with purple ones that aren't as nice?
 
Why not get the navy or grey version now and quit fucking around with purple ones that aren't as nice?

Because they aren't on sale, so I can buy them whenever I feel like it. Will probably buy it in a couple of months.

This sweater is nice too. The quality is amazing. Best wool sweater I've ever seen. Well worth the 250 quid retail price, but I'm glad I got it for much less!
 
Bought an ipod yesterday on Ebay, its almost home today. 120 gb 7th Generation for 100 dollars, yes is used, buts gonna be in the glove compartment of my car.
 
Good to hear. What car did you end up getting to replace the one that was stolen, by the way?
 
I am actualy thinking about pulling the trigger. I sold my MMM one button because it was too tight on me. Need an alternative.
 
True. I bought a little too much this month. Got a few minutes to decide if I should take another plunge. I hate that Yoox charges tax now.
 
I'm off on me jollies soon, and needed some kind of trainers (groan) that I could appear in public wearing (I've got some I use for exercising etc, but they're really tatty). I couldn't find anything suitable (of course - they are not footwear for an adult unless said adult is engaged in some activity specifically requiring said footwear).

I settled on two as being the least worst options. I really didn't want the stupid logo on there but I'm running out of time, things are getting desperate, so give me a break or alternatively you can chupa mis huevos gordos. Here are the monstrosities:

RL shoe 1.webp

RL shoe 2.webp


Blue ones arrived today. The quality is absolutely shocking, these untrainers are seriously crap. I know they're made by Chinese slaves who get paid one bowl of rice and two whippings daily, but I'd be amazed if these things survive the trip in my suitcase, let alone actually being worn. The fucking logo seems bigger in real life as well.
 
Not only are they UNSHOOS but poor old shooey might see the pictures and have to be rushed to hospital.

Can you get out the blue Texta and colour in that horsey man? Something to keep you busy on the plane.
 
Not only are they UNSHOOS but poor old shooey might see the pictures and have to be rushed to hospital.

Can you get out the blue Texta and colour in that horsey man? Something to keep you busy on the plane.

That was my thought
image.webp
 
Not only are they UNSHOOS but poor old shooey might see the pictures and have to be rushed to hospital.

Can you get out the blue Texta and colour in that horsey man? Something to keep you busy on the plane.


I know, I know. Wearing these damn things will probably ruin the entire holiday, but they were the least offensive things I could find. Could be worse, right? I mean, at least they're not Js.
 
I'm off on me jollies soon, and needed some kind of trainers (groan) that I could appear in public wearing (I've got some I use for exercising etc, but they're really tatty). I couldn't find anything suitable (of course - they are not footwear for an adult unless said adult is engaged in some activity specifically requiring said footwear).

I settled on two as being the least worst options. I really didn't want the stupid logo on there but I'm running out of time, things are getting desperate, so give me a break or alternatively you can chupa mis huevos gordos. Here are the monstrosities:

View attachment 7288
View attachment 7289

Blue ones arrived today. The quality is absolutely shocking, these untrainers are seriously crap. I know they're made by Chinese slaves who get paid one bowl of rice and two whippings daily, but I'd be amazed if these things survive the trip in my suitcase, let alone actually being worn. The fucking logo seems bigger in real life as well.

Why do you need sneakers? Anyways, the branding is tacky on those. Get some suede loafers with rubber soles. They're the perfect holiday shoes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom