WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

Why do you need sneakers? Anyways, the branding is tacky on those. Get some suede loafers with rubber soles. They're the perfect holiday shoes.

I know the damn branding is tacky, dammit! Just the thought of wearing logos, even at street level, is making my ringpiece squeak!

I need one pair of shoos that will do for all non-real shoos situations, ie, going to the beach, going on tours in the countryside where we'll be walking on rocky(ish) paths and through vineyards, etc etc. Most of the time, assuming God still reigns in Heaven, I'll be wearing brogues.

Suede loafers would get buggered too easily.
 
image.webp
Herr Professor Doktor Algernon Crisp Algernon Crisp , as a proper sartorialist you should know to stick with high quality shoemakers who know what they are doing. You should have bought JLP. Shoes like this make the man as you will have to fend off many beatings when caught wearing these
image.webp
image.webp


More seriously, you should have gotten MMM Gats, even Vox wears'em
image.webp

image.webp

image.webp
 
Those plain white ones are OK, I suppose. I didn't want to go with white though.

View attachment 7297 Herr Professor Doktor Algernon Crisp Algernon Crisp , as a proper sartorialist you should know to stick with high quality shoemakers who know what they are doing. You should have bought JLP. Shoes like this make the man as you will have to fend off many beatings when caught wearing these
View attachment 7294 View attachment 7295

More seriously, you should have gotten MMM Gats, even Vox wears'em
View attachment 7296
View attachment 7297
View attachment 7298
 
As if things we're bad enough, I also needed some polo shirts. So next week's unwelcome delivery will be two of these from Sunspel:

http://www.sunspel.com/uk/mens/new-collection-preview/jersey-polo-shirt-reed.html

I've ordered one in navy, and one in the sort of berry colour. At least Sunspel don't put logos on things, so that's ssome comfort I suppose.

Please note these are simple, plain ones - not the tacky Riviera version with a little pocket made for unman and unsuit-wearer Daniel Craig to wear in his James Bond unfilms.
 
I just want to be clear that my suggestions were purely sarcastic

JLP makes the most hideous sport shoes of any high end maker.

Mason Martin Margerine Gats are ridiculous too
 
I should have realised, but I'm so upset at the thought of the coming indignity my brain isn't working.

I just want to be clear that my suggestions were purely sarcastic

JLP makes the most hideous sport shoes of any high end maker.

Mason Martin Margerine Gats are ridiculous too
 
As if things we're bad enough, I also needed some polo shirts. So next week's unwelcome delivery will be two of these from Sunspel:

http://www.sunspel.com/uk/mens/new-collection-preview/jersey-polo-shirt-reed.html

I've ordered one in navy, and one in the sort of berry colour. At least Sunspel don't put logos on things, so that's ssome comfort I suppose.

Please note these are simple, plain ones - not the tacky Riviera version with a little pocket made for unman and unsuit-wearer Daniel Craig to wear in his James Bond unfilms.

Those are actually nice. But Leitmotif is DW's resident polo shirt expert and you should always check with him first.

But I think he approves of your purchase
image.webp
 
What's wrong with desert boots?
Or proper sandstones no shame in Dunlop volleys.
volly.jpg
 
I know the damn branding is tacky, dammit! Just the thought of wearing logos, even at street level, is making my ringpiece squeak!

I need one pair of shoos that will do for all non-real shoos situations, ie, going to the beach, going on tours in the countryside where we'll be walking on rocky(ish) paths and through vineyards, etc etc. Most of the time, assuming God still reigns in Heaven, I'll be wearing brogues.

Suede loafers would get buggered too easily.

Nah, you're crazy. I've worn the same pair of suede loafers in Asia, Northern Africa, US and Europe, and they still look pretty good. Jungles, deserts, mountains, beaches, old dirty cities, etc. I've had them resoled with Dainite rubber soles 3 times now.
 
Not only are they UNSHOOS but poor old shooey might see the pictures and have to be rushed to hospital.

.

Yeah, they are not even worthy of being called "shoos". l have never been able to understand why people wear sneakers outside of sport. I haven't bought sneakers since the 1980's, and even when l bought them l felt out of place doing it. Sneakers look completely and utterly foul and l really REALLY dislike them. I have hardly worn sneakers in my entire life. When they tried to make me wear sportswear at school l told them "I don't do tracksuits and sneakers", and l was the only kid in school who was allowed to go to the music room while all the other suckers had to do sport in the rain. I never saw the point in playing silly games and mindless sport while wearing sneakers...it never made sense to me and it was highly undesirable. No-one could make me wear sneakers so the teachers just let me do whatever l wanted.

Look at that Dunlop Volley above, it looks so bad that it makes me want to vomit. We need to rid ourselves of the sneaker wearing masses....maybe put them all on an island where they don't have to be seen.

I remember when l was at the top shoo shop in Oz once and the owners and l said something like `there is a sea of sneakers wearers out there" and someone else said "lets hope none of those types come in here' *sniff sniff* .
 
Yeah, they are not even worthy of being called "shoos". l have never been able to understand why people wear sneakers outside of sport. I haven't bought sneakers since the 1980's, and even when l bought them l felt out of place doing it. Sneakers look completely and utterly foul and l really REALLY dislike them. I have hardly worn sneakers in my entire life. When they tried to make me wear sportswear at school l told them "I don't do tracksuits and sneakers", and l was the only kid in school who was allowed to go to the music room while all the other suckers had to do sport in the rain. I never saw the point in playing silly games and mindless sport while wearing sneakers...it never made sense to me and it was highly undesirable. No-one could make me wear sneakers so the teachers just let me do whatever l wanted.

Look at that Dunlop Volley above, it looks so bad that it makes me want to vomit. We need to rid ourselves of the sneaker wearing masses....maybe put them all on an island where they don't have to be seen.

I remember when l was at the top shoo shop in Oz once and the owners and l said something like `there is a sea of sneakers wearers out there" and someone else said "lets hope none of those types come in here' *sniff sniff* .

Hold up, you refused to exercise/play sports because you had to wear sneakers? :lolguy:
 
Hold up, you refused to exercise/play sports because you had to wear sneakers? :lolguy:

That was only one of the reasons. The other major reason was that l saw the idea of chasing after a ball on a piece of grass as mindless and inane. I don't approve of sports because all l see is humans chasing balls on grass/courts etc. It is an inane emotional attachment we don't need imo. It is a distraction for the masses/slaves so they stay asleep in the system imo. Sport is for slaves, and they pay sports stars big money to keep the slaves entertained. Fill the slave's head with inanity and keep heir busy while the rulers of the world get down to the business of screwing us over.

Sports and games REEK of low vibrations. Not into it!

Monkeyface - l have never thought like a slave mate. I have never been one that worships the system as their God, nor is my thinking the product of `the system'. I am as much of an alternative thinker as you will ever meet. I save people [who are ready] from the system and liberate them...l bring them back to life. The system and it's effect on our thinking is death to the soul...we willalways stay in delusion in this dimension until we stop the curse of the system and enlighten.

I don't play `their' game monkeyface, l play my own game. Human entertainment is not my God, for that is looking outward for answers and conditional happiness. Give me nothing and l am most happy because that is non conditional, and that is where all the magic is Monkeyface.

So what does all this mean? One day IF the time comes one shall know.
 
Last edited:
That was only one of the reasons. The other major reason was that l saw the idea of chasing after a ball on a piece of grass as mindless and inane. I don't approve of sports because all l see is humans chasing balls on grass/courts etc. It is an inane emotional attachment we don't need imo. It is a distraction for the masses/slaves so they stay asleep in the system imo. Sport is for slaves, and they pay sports stars big money to keep the slaves entertained. Fill the slave's head with inanity and keep heir busy while the rulers of the world get down to the business of screwing us over.

Sports and games REEK of low vibrations. Not into it!

Monkeyface - l have never thought like a slave mate. I have never been one that worships the system as their God, nor is my thinking the product of `the system'. I am as much of an alternative thinker as you will ever meet. I save people [who are ready] from the system and liberate them...l bring them back to life. The system and it's effect on our thinking is death to the soul...we willalways stay in delusion in this dimension until we stop the curse of the system and enlighten.

I don't play `their' game monkeyface, l play my own game. Human entertainment is not my God, for that is looking outward for answers and conditional happiness. Give me nothing and l am most happy because that is non conditional, and that is where all the magic is Monkeyface.

So what does all this mean? One day IF the time comes one shall know.

Sports and exercise keep you healthy. Don't you want to be healthy?
 
Sports and exercise keep you healthy. Don't you want to be healthy?

Now hang on one minute Monkeyface. Exercise is important in most cases for people to live healthfully, but it is not a cut and dried rule for every person. Various people have been trained to harness various energy sources which enable their body to perform on a unique level....kind of like the yogi practitioners of India who can do all types of seemingly magical feats. I could go on and on and talk about seemingly amazing things and talk about my experiences, but it is not my place to reveal secrets in public about supernatural transformations that human body's are capable of.

Monkeyface - you never know who people are in this world. People can do all types of things. You will find many of these people won't talk publically to anyone except with other people who can do these things. .

Monkeyface - there is a lot of stuff going on in this world that science will never understand. I'll leave it at that.

Monkeyface, if l started talking, minds could well be blown sky high. The truth is so far from what humans really think it is. The truth is pretty much the opposite to what we think it is. Monkeyface - there are various degrees of truth at various levels.
 
Last edited:
I'm off on me jollies soon, and needed some kind of trainers (groan) that I could appear in public wearing (I've got some I use for exercising etc, but they're really tatty). I couldn't find anything suitable (of course - they are not footwear for an adult unless said adult is engaged in some activity specifically requiring said footwear).

Couldn't you have picked up a pair of Supergas or something similar?
 
Now hang on one minute Monkeyface. Exercise is important in most cases for people to live healthfully, but it is not a cut and dried rule for every person. Various people have been trained to harness various energy sources which enable their body to perform on a unique level....kind of like the yogi practitioners of India who can do all types of seemingly magical feats. I could go on and on and talk about seemingly amazing things and talk about my experiences, but it is not my place to reveal secrets in public about supernatural transformations that human body's are capable of.

Monkeyface - you never know who people are in this world. People can do all types of things. You will find many of these people won't talk publically to anyone except with other people who can do these things. .

Monkeyface - there is a lot of stuff going on in this world that science will never understand. I'll leave it at that.

Monkeyface, if l started talking, minds could well be blown sky high. The truth is so far from what humans really think it is. The truth is pretty much the opposite to what we think it is. Monkeyface - there are various degrees of truth at various levels.

Why keep it secret if it's so amazing? A bit selfish, innit?
 
Why keep it secret if it's so amazing? A bit selfish, innit?

It is important not to disturb human society because most human minds can only except what is in the limitations of these known dimensions.

Monkeyface - imagine if you had x-ray vision, could you handle it? Wouldn't it crush everything you previously believed in? Wouldn't you want to use it? Wouldn't you want to use it to find the winning lottery ticket? This is an example...we can't go disturbing ordinary society because it can break down society as we know it.

Monkeyface - what if some people never got sick because they harnessed certain energies, would you believe it? Even if you did believe it, wouldn't you want to do it as well? See....this is the problem we have...everyone would want the good stuff without cultivating the mind and spirit. When everyday man gets extroadinary things he is prone to abusing those things.

If you found 1 million dollars on the footpath would you keep it or leave it there? If you won a prize, would you keep it? If you say yes to these issues it tells me you are not ready for the secrets.

If a bloke smashed you in the mouth, would you thank him and love him for doing it? If you say no, you are not ready for the secrets Monkeyface. Hey Monkeyface, these things stem very VERY deep in their reasonings.

Sorry Monkeyface, it doesn't work that way. No man shall find out the secrets while he has a corrupt mind. Finding out the secrets means giving up everything and focussing on nothingness and looking inwards. Monkeyface, l could go on and on all day long, but it is likely not needed.

The point is, just do whatever you need to stay fit and healthy. Btw, I used to exercise a lot too, and ironically if l continued exercising my health would have went down hill because my mind cultivation would have had doubts by accepting known dimensions as truth,and that causes unravelling on multiple levels. Yes Monkeyface,this is deep stuff, that's why it is not talked about publically because most people can't perceieve any dimensions outside of the ones they can see....it's like trying to explain things to a blind man,it won't make sense to people until the mind and soul is cultivated properly.
 
If you stick to black would not be an issue

First and foremost. Otherwise I run into the risk of been mistaken for teh ghey. I think the fact I am Asian, I can wear certain items white guys can't pull of without being too risky.
 
Didn't buy this today, just excited and wanted to share.

My tailor called today, my new summer jacket is due to be delivered next week. Harrison's, 8 oz, 75% wool, 15% silk, 10% linen. I'm looking at a swatch now and the colour is slightly darker and deeper in real life than it appears on screen. It's also got a very slight lustre to it (I suppose because of the silk) that doesn't show up in the picture.

Harrisons.webp
 
I'm trying to decide on ties that might go with it (don't have much that looks promising at the moment). Any thoughts?

I've already ordered this one, I think it's very versatile and would look good with anything from tweed to pinstripes, and I thought it might look nice with the cloth above as well. Madder silk:

Budd tie.webp


I haven't ordered these ones yet, but I'm sort of itching to. I haven't got any grenadines at all so I'm not that familiar with them, but I think these could also be quite versatile:

Drakes 1.webp


Drakes 2.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom