WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

Ooooh. What do you think of them?

Lol. I got the email that they were back in stock, went straight to their page and already the blue over-dye was sold out. I snagged those two which were listed as having a 5 and 7 in all sizes available in stock. I guess they just put up some extras on the web store after fulfilling pre-orders, because there were just a handful released this morning after months of being sold out.

I'll let you know what I think when they arrive. Coming from somewhere in the EU, so I guess it will be a wee or two. But at $38 shipped I'm willing to give them a go.
 
This shirt by Mauro and his artisans
image.webp
image.webp


It is a lovely color
 
Rick Owens leg warmers arrived today from Seven Helsinki. Might go for some Rick Owens socks this winter as well.
 
He's trying to be as gay as humanly possible without actually sucking cock.

Tom Ford in an interview once said: There’s one indulgence every man should try in his lifetime: If you’re straight, sleep with a man at least once, and if you’re gay, don’t go through life without sleeping with a woman. Either way, you might be surprised at how natural it will feel if you can get past the mind-fuck of stereotypes. In the end, it’s just another person that you are relating to in a physical way.
 
Tom Ford in an interview once said: There’s one indulgence every man should try in his lifetime: If you’re straight, sleep with a man at least once, and if you’re gay, don’t go through life without sleeping with a woman. Either way, you might be surprised at how natural it will feel if you can get past the mind-fuck of stereotypes. In the end, it’s just another person that you are relating to in a physical way.

just tell me you are merely passing on this info rather than telling us you have followed TF's advice
 
- Sunspel t-shirt (for coming summer)
- Paul & Shark cotton pants (for coming summer)
- Johnstons of Elgin cashmere jumper (camera flash makes it look funny around the neck, but looks o.k in person).

Johnstons%20of%20elgin%20jumper%201_zpsrebqpcfn.jpg
 
You really like bright colors Shooey.

During Spring and Summer l do like bright colours, and during Winter l do darker colours. I'll be getting back into the bespoke shirting game again soon and really go flashy and bright patterns....will need to fly to Sydney to get measured again.

I never reveal my makers except for shoos, but l used to have some awesome contrast collar shirts and other highend shirts. Here is one example of my unique bright shirt styles l had specially designed and made up (maker has been blocked out)
PIC_0001-1.jpg



Note, the camera flash washes the true deep richness of the color out. I used to have some really unique collars and stunning contrast collar shirts. I am also a big fan of the Gull wing collar (Pat Riley Collar)...it really makes a a statement.
 
Thanks to the advice from the Ask a Quick Question Thread, I bought these both directly from Dents:

Hairsheep leather, Cashmere lined, Touchscreen compatible:
604878_mrp_in_l.jpg


And a chocolate suede brown belt with a brass buckle.
upload_2015-10-20_22-1-21.webp
 
From Dent's:

Hairsheep

It is generally acknowledged that the best leather for gloves is hairsheep cabretta leather.

This top grade of leather is mainly sourced in Ethiopia and Nigeria. It has great strength, plus the important benefit of natural elasticity, which helps the glove to fit properly.

The sheep that provides the leather grows hair not wool, hence its name. As a consequence of its environment, its leather is ideal for making fine gloves. Hairsheep leather is finer and less bulky than other leathers. Its major benefits are softness of touch, suppleness, strength, and lasting comfort.

Hairsheep is very durable and is particularly suited for the manufacture of dress gloves.
 
Hairsheep leather, Cashmere lined, Touchscreen compatible:

Hairsheep?

Over dinner one evening some years ago, a group of Japanese-English interpreters (including my wife) were discussing synonyms and how they could use different words for the same thing to avoid sounding too repetitive.

Someone pointed out that it can be very difficult to find alternative terms for some words, and as an example, he said, "Wool. How else can you refer to wool?"

They all thought for a few minutes and then someone else responded, "Sheep hair?"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom