What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Fwiffo

Supporter
I'm watching The Chef show with Jon Favreau. Something to have on in the background. That and the Letterman show on Netflix.

ter1413

Witness Protection Program

Finished season 2 of this last night. I can't remember much about S1 as I watched it a while back. This is somewhat based on the true story of a Canadian mobster/family and the competition coming after their business.

S2 was ok. The ending is what I didn't like.

3/5.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Supporter

Finished season 2 of this last night. I can't remember much about S1 as I watched it a while back. This is somewhat based on the true story of a Canadian mobster/family and the competition coming after their business.

S2 was ok. The ending is what I didn't like.

3/5.
i thought s1 kind of petered out at the end so i never really bothered with s2. glad to hear i made the right choice.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Supporter
watched s2 of Vida. some good nudity but it really sort of took a dive with the characters. not sure if it'll make it to s3.

warrior s1 was really good. from the creator of Banshee.

ter1413

i thought s1 kind of petered out at the end so i never really bothered with s2. glad to hear i made the right choice.

Yeah. I watched S1 a while back and was tempted to re-watch before starting S2. I didn't remember anything memorable about it so I didn't bother. S2 is ok. Nothing groundbreaking but worth a watch if you get around to it. I finished it on Thurs/Sat night.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
watched s2 of Vida. some good nudity but it really sort of took a dive with the characters. not sure if it'll make it to s3.

warrior s1 was really good. from the creator of Banshee.
My Sunday night viewing plan! Thanks

Edit: just watched first two eps of Vida. Seems a little cliched, but the sisters are beautiful.

Last edited:

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Supporter
Edit: just watched first two eps of Vida. Seems a little cliched, but the sisters are beautiful.
yeah the older sister is very annoying. they really don't move the needle much as characters. you see them naked way more in S2

Kingstonian

The Prime Minister debates on Channel 4 and BBC.

It is soundbite TV with no depth. Boris Johnson wisely gave Channel 4 a swerve.

He did appear on BBC but suffered no damage. So it’s as you were.

Interesting that BBC featured a question from Mad Muslim Cleric with a dodgy past about Islamophobia. Now there is no time to dismiss this on a programme of this nature. So they all promised an investigation. The interviewer claimed Boris was Islamophobic not to remember the questioners name. That is the angle they take. Anyway here is what Guido Fawkes discovered.
https://order-order.com/2019/06/19/abdullah-primary-school-teacher-doesnt-think-girls-alone-man/

Another dodgy Asian questioner is a Labour HQ staffer. Great vetting from the BBC.
https://order-order.com/2019/06/19/aman-london-worked-labour-hq-investigating-anti-semitism/

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
yeah the older sister is very annoying. they really don't move the needle much as characters. you see them naked way more in S2
Nearly finished S1. I might skip through S2 for the nakedness.

The younger sister is cute in a Mexi Eliza Dushku kinda way, even with the Frieda eyebrows, though the script calls for fake boobs and I think hers are real.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Supporter
Nearly finished S1. I might skip through S2 for the nakedness.

The younger sister is cute in a Mexi Eliza Dushku kinda way, even with the Frieda eyebrows, though the script calls for fake boobs and I think hers are real.
Its kind of hard to tell

ter1413

Watching season 3 of this on Youtube. I re-watched S1 - S2 on Friday & Sat.

I dig this series. I generally like the British dramas better than what the US puts out. This isn't a drama....more so a comedy/semi drama....but it is worth a watch.

Really quick 25 min episodes. Billie Piper is very good in this role.

Pimpernel Smith

Watching season 3 of this on Youtube. I re-watched S1 - S2 on Friday & Sat.

I dig this series. I generally like the British dramas better than what the US puts out. This isn't a drama....more so a comedy/semi drama....but it is worth a watch.

Really quick 25 min episodes. Billie Piper is very good in this role.
Is Cherie Lunghi still the madam?

Fwiffo

Supporter
I finished Jon Favreau's new chef show on Netflix. I now understand how he physically grew from when he was the suave millionaire romance of Courtney Cox's Monica on Friends.

Pimpernel Smith

At one time she was a serious babe in her sexual prime, I'm thinking of the Level 42 video era, now she's claimed the throne from Helen Mirren as the thinking man's glamourous and sexual grandmother. And I think we should appreciate that, just look at Jenny Agutter in comparison.

ter1413

Bad dubbing and started kinda cliched. Not sure I’ll make it past ep1, though I need something new to watch.
Netflix:
-Broadchurch
-Dr Foster
-Rake
-Manhunt Unabomber
-The Inbetweeners
-Narcos Mexico
-Happy Valley

Youtube:
-Sherlock Holmes movies w/Basil Rathbone
-Charlie Chan movies w/Sidney Toler
-Love Thy Neighbor....the British series
-Columbo...start w/Try and Catch Me with the brilliant Ruth Gordon
-Above Suspicion

Amazon:
-How to Make it in America
-The Assets
-Bosch
-Jack Ryan(series)

Last edited:

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
^
Thanks

I ended up spending an hour trying to decide what to watch while also surfing various fora before going to sleep having watched nothing. Sometimes I can be way too fussy about what I start.

I may try Chernobyl or Good Omens tonight.

Pimpernel Smith

Youtube:
-Sherlock Holmes movies w/Basil Rathbone
These days I find myself bored with eating in restaurants no matter how good alone, so in general when I am away with no entertaining or colleagues I end up getting the hotel room service with the house wine, raiding the mini-fridge and watching exactly that: Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes, old Hammer films, Horror omnibuses and other films and serials that have fallen out of renewed copyright laws. It all makes sense when you're alone in a hotel room, disengaged and waiting for the next flight back to reality. I find it quite therapeutic and relaxing.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Friends and The Office are the two most watched TV shows on Netflix. I was reading some pundit scream the irony.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Keep us updated
Couldn’t make it through the second episode.

Sweetbitter is back for season 2. It’s beautifully filmed and well made. The two girls are rather attractive and the storyline is ... ok.

Journeyman

Supporter
Has anyone watched Stranger Things on Netflix?

None of us had watched any of it until season 3 came out a little while ago. Then my wife started watching and compulsively finished all three seasons in just a few days! Now my early teenage son is interested, mainly because my wife talked about it so much (well, and also because she spent three days virtually glued to the iPad!).

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Has anyone watched Stranger Things on Netflix?

None of us had watched any of it until season 3 came out a little while ago. Then my wife started watching and compulsively finished all three seasons in just a few days! Now my early teenage son is interested, mainly because my wife talked about it so much (well, and also because she spent three days virtually glued to the iPad!).
I think Rambo is a fan. It certainly has a following here, though I haven’t been inspired by anything I’ve heard to try it.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Supporter
I think Rambo is a fan. It certainly has a following here, though I haven’t been inspired by anything I’ve heard to try it.
The first season was fantastic. The second season was good. I thought this last season it was getting really stale and boring to be honest. Its definitely worth a watch though. Certainly nothing else worth watching on.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Supporter
The first season was fantastic. The second season was good. I thought this last season it was getting really stale and boring to be honest. Its definitely worth a watch though. Certainly nothing else worth watching on.
You and Leit should have binge watched on the couch together.

Top Bottom