What TV Shows Are You Watching?

ok curfew took a turn at episode 3. don't know if it'll bounce back from the bad state its in now. poor sean bean.

there is nothing good on tv.

i'm rewatching the old prestige shows now. The Wire, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones.

I might watch Secret City.

I rarely watch TV but this week I'm home alone and have been watching a bit of Jerry Seinfeld and Comedians in Cars etc. Not too bad.

Latest Midsomer Murders. Now rammed with ethnics.

Old producer got sacked for saying there were no ethnics in Midsomer and that is the way viewers liked it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...er-brian-true-may-will-step-down-2250387.html

Midsomer could be a great place to live if you didn’t get murdered. Nice village pub, provided you got on with the locals. Village shop for all your day to day needs. Causton for all your other shopping.

Lots of activities and groups to join. No problems getting around though public transport thin on the ground.

Nice cottages with thatched roofs for ordinary folk. Big country pile for the better off.

Latest Midsomer Murders. Now rammed with ethnics.
Old producer got sacked for saying there were no ethnics in Midsomer and that is the way viewers liked it.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...er-brian-true-may-will-step-down-2250387.html
Midsomer could be a great place to live if you didn’t get murdered. Nice village pub, provided you got on with the locals. Village shop for all your day to day needs. Causton for all your other shopping.
Lots of activities and groups to join. No problems getting around though public transport thin on the ground.
Nice cottages with thatched roofs for ordinary folk. Big country pile for the better off.
Last October we stayed in Oxford and drove out and around all those "Midsomers" Villages and market towns!
Heres a pic I took.
1552868640410.png
Local COMBINED Church groups do Sound Of Music - bound to be a few bloody murders - we jumped in the hire car and sped out of town.

I rarely watch TV but this week I'm home alone and have been watching a bit of Jerry Seinfeld and Comedians in Cars etc. Not too bad.

Very popular in our house. The little insights or observations can be very interesting.

He's also behind The Bodyguard. Where he finds the time to do all this at such a level is rare.

I tend to support the key figures in ‘Line of Duty’ and don’t like it if/when they go bad.

New for this series is Stephen Graham who is a good actor, but a professional scouser as well. There seem to be almost as many professional scousers as professional cockneys (Ray Winston etc) nowadays. Other regions need a fair crack of the whip.

I tend to support the key figures in ‘Line of Duty’ and don’t like it if/when they go bad.

New for this series is Stephen Graham who is a good actor, but a professional scouser as well. There seem to be almost as many professional scousers as professional cockneys (Ray Winston etc) nowadays. Other regions need a fair crack of the whip.

Went to look at that Line of Duty, but Netflix starts with series 3 over here.

Stephen Graham is indeed a good actor, he was excellent as Al Capone, but again was just transferring his persona. I don't like that hard and harsh brutalized Liverpudlian accent that became popular on the back of Boys From The Blackstuff, Brookside and the whole decline of the city in the 1980s. This was the vernacular of the underclass and inner-city. From where I am from scallies use it to display their alleged hardman credentials and I find it fake.

There's other Liverpool accents which some might consider softer, or even suburban, these can be heard in the past with Arthur Askey, Jimmy Tarbuck, The Beatles and even woolly back scouser, Lewis Collins. It works well with comedy.

And remember this, scouse comedian Alexei Sayle doing his best cockney impersonation:

The 12'' banned version was best, ''Come from the north do ya', ya fucking northern cunt ya!'':

this new season of american gods sucks a big dick so far.

billions has been pretty awful as well. taylor just sucks as a villain.

The Derry Girls, the best sit-com Hat Trick Productions/Channel 4 has done since Father Ted. My kids like it too, buy they need the English subtitles as they can't understand the Irish accents.

Only just discovered that Stephen Graham convincingly played a cockney - Tommy - in ‘Snatch’. So he is not just a one dimensional professional Scouser as I had previously thought.

Only just discovered that Stephen Graham convincingly played a cockney - Tommy - in ‘Snatch’. So he is not just a one dimensional professional Scouser as I had previously thought.

I remember him from Boardwalk Empire.

Struggling through Undercover. The dubbing is awful, story is just ok.

Next is Easy and What/If - unless I can find something better.

Started this over the holiday wknd. Up to ep 4/10.

That's Renee Zellweger ^^ as a rich tycoon chick who invests in a pharma co.....with strings attached. The CEO of the pharma company has her husband, family and friends involved as the plot continues to unfold. So far, it is watchable. I have no clue where this is going.

2.5/5 so far.

The Looming Tower. Sent me to Wikipedia. From Wikipedia it seemed that the CIA man is based on elements of someone called Michael Scheuer. The real person seemed a lot better than the one portrayed in the series. The FBI character seemed older and heavier than the real life one too.

I've been watching Our Planet on Netflix. Just something to have in the background when I'm reheating something.

when-they-see-us-poster-481x600.jpg

Started this last night just before 2am but fell asleep after 15 min(not a reflection on the series-4 parts.) I will probably restart next week.

This is the story of the Central Park 5....5 teens convicted of rape and sentenced to prison.....and then released after another man confessed.

Been watching Columbo reruns on Youtube. That was some really good TV back in the day!

finally got around to watching the Deadwood movie. sadly it was a real snoozefest. they shouldn't have bothered.

backlogged on the Swamp Thing premier, Vida s2, Gomorrah s4, Handmaids Tale s3, and Black Mirror s5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom