What TV Shows Are You Watching?

The Boys will hopefully be good. The comic was great

Did you see the TV adaptation of Ennis's "Preacher"?

I haven't seen it, but the comic series was very entertaining. I also enjoyed The Boys, although it took things up a notch from Preacher.

Did you see the TV adaptation of Ennis's "Preacher"?

I haven't seen it, but the comic series was very entertaining. I also enjoyed The Boys, although it took things up a notch from Preacher.
i was much more a fan of The Boys than I was Preacher. Could never really get into the art style of Preacher and I thought the show actors were all terrible.

Just finished the first episode. This could definitely be interesting if they can keep it up.

Watching the trashest shows on TV: 90 day Fiance and Unexpected on TLC. Taking trailer trash to a whole level

Midsomer Murders ‘Made to Measure’ rerun.

Victims are dispatched with a very heavy old tailors shears.

Barnaby gets fitted for a suit in a vintage tweed. Jones gets fitted for a suit like Cary Grant’s in ‘North by Northwest’.

Amazing that a small village, with one road in, can support a bespoke tailor while they can struggle in a big city.

Watching the newest Mindhunter.

It doesn't look like it skipped a beat.

Midsomer Murders ‘Made to Measure’ rerun.

Victims are dispatched with a very heavy old tailors shears.

Barnaby gets fitted for a suit in a vintage tweed. Jones gets fitted for a suit like Cary Grant’s in ‘North by Northwest’.

Amazing that a small village, with one road in, can support a bespoke tailor while they can struggle in a big city.
That's a good episode

Sweetbitter: beautifully filmed though cliched little drama. Sex drugs and food with an attractive lead.

I think The Glitch starts back up soon.

‘Who do you think you are?’

I switched on when it was showing the street sign for Bloor Street West. So I treated it as a travelogue. Turns out it was for a Canadian comedian that I have never heard of. Both she and the archivist at the University of Toronto were wearing very nice jumpers. It was Winter with snow on the ground. She also visited Halifax, Nova Scotia. Her ancestors were ministers of religion and one was the original head man at the institution that became university of Toronto. She also had connection to Poole, Dorset via the fish trade. Easy viewing until the news came on.

GLOW a comedy based on the real 1980s Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling promotion.

Good casting, funny script and development between episodes. This isn't a chick flick comedy, there's enough entertainment for both sexes.

There's one scene where some of the lady wrestlers go to watch a male wrestling match. One of the wrestlers on his dressing room door has a poster advertising a bout between the English wrestlers Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy:
image.jpg

‘Who do you think you are?’

I switched on when it was showing the street sign for Bloor Street West. So I treated it as a travelogue. Turns out it was for a Canadian comedian that I have never heard of. Both she and the archivist at the University of Toronto were wearing very nice jumpers. It was Winter with snow on the ground. She also visited Halifax, Nova Scotia. Her ancestors were ministers of religion and one was the original head man at the institution that became university of Toronto. She also had connection to Poole, Dorset via the fish trade. Easy viewing until the news came on.

Always a bit strange people want to see my hometown. Maybe I'm so used to it that I don't think it's anything special.

Can’t find anything really appealing. Anyone watched Traitors on Netflix?

I think I've asked this before - how much TV do people actually watch?

Most days I watch exactly zero, naught, nothing zilch TV. The TV has its own room. Up the other end of the house.
Most weeks I watch the same - nothing.
Sometimes I peek at news while Ms watches it.
Occasionally I watch an hour or two.
Same with Netflix.
I do watch a few things like Derry Girls 3 episodes at a time.

I did watch a doco on Andre The Giant the other night.

I think I've asked this before - how much TV do people actually watch?

Most days I watch exactly zero, naught, nothing zilch TV. The TV has its own room. Up the other end of the house.
Most weeks I watch the same - nothing.
Sometimes I peek at news while Ms watches it.
Occasionally I watch an hour or two.
Same with Netflix.
I do watch a few things like Derry Girls 3 episodes at a time.

I did watch a doco on Andre The Giant the other night.

I'd say less than 2 hours per week for me and that 2 hours could be split into different sessions. I do have Netflix on sometimes when I'm ironing or doing something mundane, but that's more for the audio than the video.

I follow my local footy club so away fixtures are through streams. I'd say live sport is about the only thing I would say I watch on television now but since I've gone off NFL, Premiership footy and Formula one those times are becoming more and more rare.

Can’t find anything really appealing. Anyone watched Traitors on Netflix?
havent seen that. im in season 2 of Dark. highly recommended. watch it in the original german.

glow s3 sucked
new dark crystal today
new show on amazon carnival row looks interesting

havent seen that. im in season 2 of Dark. highly recommended. watch it in the original german.

glow s3 sucked
new dark crystal today
new show on amazon carnival row looks interesting

Cool. I’ll try Dark next, though I can’t read subtitles while using gym equipment (answering fxh fxh ’s question: I watch about 40 mins of stuff each day at the gym and then another 30mins in bed).

Traitors is ok. English start of the Cold War period drama. The lead can act, but isn’t attractive enough to carry it.

Now this was some funny shit! Much better than his previous Netflix special! I will def watch again this wknd!

AAAABW4E0DGqEbBvXVkKPkVHXip9si08ifBn-ODZu0t2lRL487RWkCcGnLZSHzdOsMNMRg8XzIXHnTM2LdHWFzLTu2xHE7X4BbdtA2OL67BRBTlNQW2k_tiOikwMyxi0qQ.jpg

I had The Great Hack on whilst cooking tonight and I had to pause and look up this Alexander Nix chap. Then I found out he's some toff who went to Eton.

I can’t find anything new, so I’m starting Peaky Blinders.

I can’t find anything new, so I’m starting Peaky Blinders.

Worth watching at first, but by the third series the mise-en-scene and excellent locations can't protect against the fantasy of the plots. It just becomes too absurd and painful to watch.

^Haven't watched it yet, but am certainly interested. It sounds like a good story and it will also be good to see Baron-Cohen in a serious role.

Yeah...I was checking my Netflix alerts last night and I never really pay attention to what they suggest...but I did notice this and will def give it a try.

Tried to watch the BBC series Years and Years and it is horrible socio-political propaganda with zero warmth and ability to do anything other then lecture the viewer with a frigid and false attempt to illicit the right response. More wooden than a 1950's news reader speaking in the Queen's English.

Tried to watch the BBC series Years and Years and it is horrible socio-political propaganda with zero warmth and ability to do anything other then lecture the viewer with a frigid and false attempt to illicit the right response. More wooden than a 1950's news reader speaking in the Queen's English.
it really is a terrible show

220px-Trial_%26_Retribution.jpg

Was playing around on Youtube this past week and stumbled on this series. I didn't start from season 1. I believe I watched a S11-2 parter. Not bad.

Again...the British know how to do their crime shows.

Just came into my inbox today. I saw a few. Some highlights based on what I have seen:

The Americans < didn't finish the entire thing. Can't review
Bosch < a few seasons in. Solid.
Catastrophe < loved S1 of this
Fortitude < good at times. great scenery.
Law & Order < I mean...this IS tv.
The Missing < caught this a while back. remember it was worth the watch
Mr Robot < only caught 1/2 of season 1
Red Oaks < loved this. great soundtrack
Transparent < very good
The Twilight Zone < classic TV

Derry Girls. The first one the missus saw was: 'Protestants keep toasters in the cupboard', and we were still laughing an hour later.

1568095725930.png

Derry Girls. The first one the missus saw was: 'Protestants keep toasters in the cupboard', and we were still laughing an hour later.

That's reminded me of something a bit odd. When I was at uni, a few of us got together at a classmate's place for a study session before the end of semester. At lunchtime, she asked if we wanted some toast. When I answered yes, she pulled out a (rather deep) kitchen drawer and deposited a couple of slices of bread in it.

To my surprise, when I walked around to the other side of the kitchen bench, I saw that there was a toaster inside the kitchen drawer, complete with a place to plug it in so you didn't have to remove it from the drawer to make toast.

I concur. Derry Girls is fantastic!

I started it a few times. When I say started, I mean 2-3 min. I stopped as I knew that I would need to focus to catch the accents. I will def watch when I have the time.

I heard the same....fantastic series.

Apple TV+ streaming service: Price, release date and shows

Anyone would consider?

Netflix for me is like Uber. Lyft or others will come along but unless I am not getting what I want out of my primary service - why change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom