What's Making You Happy Today?

Fwiffo

Supporter
I've been going Friday afternoons to this one cafe. The barista literally sees me round the corner outside of the building and prepares a double espresso by the time I am the till.

God forbid one day I change what I order.

Journeyman

Supporter
Yes, that's the problem! As long as you're predictable and get the same thing every day, it's great. But if you feel like something different, then it's almost as though you to start shouting and waving as soon as you can see the cafe, as otherwise they'll start making your regular drink.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
I've been going Friday afternoons to this one cafe. The barista literally sees me round the corner outside of the building and prepares a double espresso by the time I am the till.

Our local rail station has one bloke making coffee, between 7 am and 9 am, in the old newspaper cubby in the pedestrian underpass to the central platform . You can text ahead and order and pay on this app thing. Pretty nifty. Young bloke and he plays tasty 60s and 70s music as well as a bit of “young peoples” stuff.

Pimpernel Smith

I was done over by one of these small Mickey Mouse oil companies earlier this year. The Procurement Director threw us off a job and wouldn't pay us for work undertaken and for no good reason and installed one of my rivals, the expensive bent French behemoth who like to buy the weak and feeble minded with promises and trinkets and then when it comes to pay-off time they give them a contract with their Turkish entity before ditching them a year or two later.

It wasn't a mega amount, Euros 48,000, not enough for a big court case, but I was going to send in the bailiffs which is not the done thing in my sector. Normally that kind of loss is taken on the chin as it will get too messy in court and spread around the industry. But this was personal.

Anyway, I get a phone call this morning from a contact in the company there to say the Procurement Director has been unceremoniously sacked and our contact has immediately released all the payments to us dating back to February.

I was rather chuffed. All the bent bastards get exposed in the end.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
My friends in East Timor who have been running a health center for the last decade decided to expand to a farmers’ co-op, to address child malnutrition. I kicked in a few bucks hoping for the best but understanding that it was always a gamble whether they could get it off the ground. They are off to a great start!

30CDEBED-DF94-41D0-9740-EA1FB288D782.jpeg
B6284461-B48C-4655-B279-DD3751CCC9BD.jpeg
30B61FA9-2A1A-4E1A-A67A-3DB8F237A717.jpeg

Top Bottom