What's Making You Happy Today?

ter1413

Witness Protection Program
Finally going with a 27 year old girl to the wedding. The only issue is she loves dancing. Took awhile because I am out practice and a bunch of money.

??

I get the out of practice part...but the other?

Fwiffo

Comes off as a condescending prick
Supporter
??

I get the out of practice part...but the other?

We had a very expensive meal at the Fairmont hotel restaurant. She's a few months off the boat from the British Isles so I reckon she would appreciate it. Plus I had no idea about her dietary restrictions (apparently none)

Granted, I walked in to the bar and live music area and after 4 years the waiter still remembered my drink.

belinmad

Damn Tacky Big Collar Daddy
Supporter
Finally going with a 27 year old girl to the wedding. The only issue is she loves dancing. Took awhile because I am out practice and a bunch of money.
I have some many questions I do not want to know the answers to…

Fwiffo

Supporter
This week...

Invited to an art exhibit party on Thursday night by a certain female artist. Don't not come to it I am told.

Finally got the age appropriate date for the wedding on Friday.

Got invited by a bartender at one of my home bars to go to a rooftop pool bar on Saturday night after her shift (although how I'm supposed to get in as a lone man without a bunch of money on Saturday night)

Thruth

Big Winter Daddy
That sounds like the same carrots for the Ukrainian conflict and the surrounding nations taking in refugees or donating arms.
But we talking about your hoes, not мо́рква. Dem hoes, dem hoes, where dem hoes?

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
This week...

Invited to an art exhibit party on Thursday night by a certain female artist. Don't not come to it I am told.

Finally got the age appropriate date for the wedding on Friday.

Got invited by a bartender at one of my home bars to go to a rooftop pool bar on Saturday night after her shift (although how I'm supposed to get in as a lone man without a bunch of money on Saturday night)
I honestly can’t tell if you’re happy about this

Fwiffo

Supporter
I honestly can’t tell if you’re happy about this

I am. I used to have my diary full of stuff to do. At least it feels like I have a social life again.

Since coronavirus every weekend has been buy ingredients at the market, cook for my parents, and go on endless coronavirus walks (60km a week on average)

That said I'm still worried about getting it so I might not go to everything.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Taking my parents to go see a matinee performance of La Traviata this afternoon.

First time for them since the South Africans ruined things at the beginning of January.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Went to someone's art exhibition last night. I didn't stay long as she is tres popular.

But wow - she's magnetic - looks, voice....just her presence. No amount of social media photographs or videos convey it. I don't know why she is worried she aged since her last exhibition pre-coronavirus because she doesn't look like she aged a day.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Was reluctantly doing bangara last night with my buggered up hamstring. My date conscripted a bunch of other Indian women to goad me on to the dance floor. Reminded me a bit of my ex lady friend.

When the bar closed we took ones for the road to the street and nicked the alcohol being carted out from the adjacent wedding until they realised we weren’t the right sort of brown people.

formby002

Identifies as a Barn Owl
Britain's oldest pubs...

I've been in four of them.

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
Alwyn Turner is one of my favorite cultural historians, have several of his books, always has interesting things to say...

Unherd is pretty good, as is Spiked.

I'm with Peter Hitchens, the Blair years were a very damaging revolution indeed. In my business sector we went from engineering construction and projects to the Facilities Management business model which turned out to be a Ponzi Scheme - planned and abetted with New Labour - at the tax payers expense i.e. build hospitals, operate for 10 years and then sell back to the NHS, before the same thing happened again. You couldn't fail to make money, except they all got greedy and overstated income, declared 10 year contract profits in the first year and took endless loans to fund shareholder and director bonuses and expectations. Incestuous relationships between New Labour, the boards of these companies and the Big Four.

They were also the years, when you went out you heard endless talk about how much money people had made on their home through house price increases. That was very tedious.

Blair winged it initially on the Cool Britannia wave, and I was very much of the position that had he not backed the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq his reputation would not have been soiled. I've changed that position, I think he was toxic on domestic policy too. On all fronts.

formby002

Identifies as a Barn Owl
Unherd is pretty good, as is Spiked.

I'm with Peter Hitchens, the Blair years were a very damaging revolution indeed. In my business sector we went from engineering construction and projects to the Facilities Management business model which turned out to be a Ponzi Scheme - planned and abetted with New Labour - at the tax payers expense i.e. build hospitals, operate for 10 years and then sell back to the NHS, before the same thing happened again. You couldn't fail to make money, except they all got greedy and overstated income, declared 10 year contract profits in the first year and took endless loans to fund shareholder and director bonuses and expectations. Incestuous relationships between New Labour, the boards of these companies and the Big Four.

They were also the years, when you went out you heard endless talk about how much money people had made on their home through house price increases. That was very tedious.

Blair winged it initially on the Cool Britannia wave, and I was very much of the position that had he not backed the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq his reputation would not have been soiled. I've changed that position, I think he was toxic on domestic policy too. On all fronts.
Its a mixed bag, like most. Some articles are good some, not so...

They do have interesting writers though from across the political spectrum though, which isn't a common as it should be these days...

Don't/didn't care for the Hitchens brothers. P.Hitch hasn't covered himself in glory over Ukraine.

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
Don't/didn't care for the Hitchens brothers. P.Hitch hasn't covered himself in glory over Ukraine.
Peter Hitchens made the mistake of thinking he had deduced the current Russian psyche and Putin's mind on his experiences in Moscow during the Cold War. Well, fashion changes. His experience is long out of date.

His brother was a lot better - on whisky and the challenge of integrating Islam into the West - but not on the Iraq war.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I can walk again. I walked 10km yesterday. I'm a bit wobbly on that leg going up and down stairs though. Going to leave it alone for another week. The elliptical doesn't stress it and today I just did upper body things. At least I'm not hobbling around like a cripple.

Also did my first rapid test ever and I'm negative after a mask-less wedding and the art opening. At least for now...

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
Got all 4 required Birdland/VIP tickets for the North Sea Jazz Festival, unexpectedly today, thought I would have to run the gauntlet with the last release 20-May. Job well done.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Byproduct of coronavirus.

My weight loss resumed again. I can fit into most 38S suits comfortably with my two mobile phones in each chest pocket. If it continues I should be able to get into those 36S ones I bought at the bottom of my average weight.

I also rested my right hamstring for a good two weeks since I did something to it on the day of the wedding. When I was in the quarantine hotel I did some bodyweight squats just to test it and it seems stiff but held up.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I was talking about my right hamstring but good to know what you lot were thinking.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Finally got a clean negative test this morning. Hopefully tomorrow is the same and I can send the remaining test kits to my parents.

Fwiffo

Supporter
How many days since you had symptoms?

I tested positive on the evening of Tuesday 10th May. I honestly knew I was getting it on Monday 9th May because I had the infamous scratchy throat but my test was negative.

Clear test (no faint lines) was Saturday 21st May. Another negative today so I'm officially over it.

My mate who is 30 or so finished in 5 calendar days and got a clear test on day 6. I'm either genetically weak or getting old.

Last edited:

Pauly Chase

Hip Dairy Farmer
Supporter
first pet

20220522_154907.jpg

Top Bottom