What's Making You Happy Today?

Fwiffo

Comes off as a condescending prick
Supporter
First time back at my alma mater since February 2020.

IMG_20220527_1757100~2.jpg
IMG_20220527_1732417~2.jpg IMG_20220527_1642176~2.jpg IMG_20220526_1551287~2.jpg

Fwiffo

Supporter
Planning a Platinum Jubilee picnic for this Sunday. So excited to do all the cooking...

ballmouse

Working with real professionals. Some days you think everyone is an idiot. But then someone who knows what he's doing makes you believe in people again.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I forgot to mention that I was standing by myself at one of those round tall tables at an outdoor party two weekends ago. I was sipping a glass of wine and some girl who graduated from class of 2016 came up to chat me.

She thought I graduated around the time she started herself. I almost laughed out loud.

Fwiffo

Supporter
My Italian co-worker in Austria is having a baby. I thought he was going for his annual summer holiday next month.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Does his wife know?

He keeps calling her partner. I don't get the 21st century terminology but he's barely a millennial.

She's from Eastern Europe so who knows what the kid will learn - German, her stuff, Italian, or if Anglo nations are still relevant in another decade - English.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I've had precious few things to give to my usual alterations place since coronavirus other than simple mend and repair jobs. I've been out of shape so I haven't purchased any clothing. It didn't help the alterations place is underneath a department store that was declared a non-essential indoor retail outlet.

That said I'm happy to see the old Portuguese woman come out from the back to greet me again when I dropped off the latest jackets and trousers today.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I can fit in my slimmest and most fitted buttoned shirt. Yay!

Now I just need to figure out why I still have a bulb above my belly button and in between my rib cage. Then I can button the tightest blazers.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I can fit in my slimmest and most fitted buttoned shirt. Yay!

Now I just need to figure out why I still have a bulb above my belly button and in between my rib cage. Then I can button the tightest blazers.
ED9AD364-27B4-4905-AF66-4EE1F951AEF2.jpeg

Looking good, Fwiffs!

Fwiffo

Supporter
As I said, I don't look like that. The shirt fits. My 36S and slimmest 38S blazers don't because of upper belly ...cancer? I don't know what it is. I know you can't spot reduce fat but I'm losing pretty much all the fat below my belly button and even my hips are slimming.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Took my father to the driving range today and hit an hour of balls to a background of jazz songs like ‘I'm Beginning to See the Light’

Then I am making some croque monsieur for them and attending a matinee performance of Beethoven Symphony No. 9 with my parents and having dinner at a local bistro. Father’s Day.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I fit in my Etro suit again. Wore it today for an interview on video and I can even button the jacket with two mobile phones in my chest pocket.

The unfortunate thing is it's 35c and feels like 43

Fwiffo

Supporter

Fwiffo

Supporter
26 of 30 days at the gym in June.

The good thing is I can walk up and down the all the stairs around the footy stadium and not lose my breath now.

Smashing two bottles of wine the night before and then crawling to the gym by 6 or earlier is a bit hard. Cardio is easier than weights on those days but somehow 2/3 of the way in the hangover feels a bit better. Maybe it's sauna effect from the sweating.

ter1413

Witness Protection Program
26 of 30 days at the gym in June.

The good thing is I can walk up and down the all the stairs around the footy stadium and not lose my breath now.

Smashing two bottles of wine the night before and then crawling to the gym by 6 or earlier is a bit hard. Cardio is easier than weights on those days but somehow 2/3 of the way in the hangover feels a bit better. Maybe it's sauna effect from the sweating.

How much weight are you down?

Fwiffo

Supporter
How much weight are you down?

I actually don't know. My ex lady friend has my scale.

The waist for all of my trousers are loose now. The most loose need a belt. The most fitted shirts are not a problem and some of the larger 38S jackets are becoming baggy again.

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
There is a lot of laser, manicure, pedicure, and plastic surgery.
A lot of the Iranian ladies and men of the diaspora are into the above as a profession here.

Also most of those entering my sector in the last five years, across all of Europe are Iranians.
I actually don't know. My ex lady friend has my scale.

The waist for all of my trousers are loose now. The most loose need a belt. The most fitted shirts are not a problem and some of the larger 38S jackets are becoming baggy again.
With the amount you drink, I'm surprised you're losing weight. Even if I drastically diet i.e. eat only once a day, bike 3-4 times a week for 1.5-2.5hrs, I just tone the muscles and maintain weight.

Fwiffo

Supporter
With the amount you drink, I'm surprised you're losing weight. Even if I drastically diet i.e. eat only once a day, bike 3-4 times a week for 1.5-2.5hrs, I just tone the muscles and maintain weight

I always wonder how much people on this forum think I drink. I usually end early evening on Sunday and then keep dry till Thursday evening. I do binge drink.

I walk 60km per week. It helped lose weight after the first quarantine but not much after that.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Almost nailed it with this squid ink pasta recipe too from my cookbook. I had everything correct but various components being reheated after cooking made it less than perfect when serving.

güero

Talk to me like a 5 year old daddy
Put in another good three hours of gardening today. Slowly things are taking shape.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Dropped by the square in front of city hall to see my artist friend and her exhibit booth.

She said I could volunteer to help her take down and put up her art for the next 2 1/2 days.

Sounds tempting to do it in a suit and tie in 28c sun, but alas I have other plans tonight.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I did it. Novavax, Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca. From April 2021 to July 2022. Plus I recovered from BA2.

Fwiffo

Supporter
you've ascended to Ur-gentleman

She said she would bring up my vaccination record and as she was doing that on the computer she read out a disclaimer that Novavax is certified for primary and secondary, but for booster use it is experimental. Then she started slowing down her speech when she realised I had one of each.

Nothing more experimental than all this stuff coursing through me.

I hope I can lift weights tomorrow but maybe I'll make it another cardio day.

Top Bottom