What's Making You Happy Today?

IMG_20230728_145222~2.jpg

The view and sunlight improved

I had someone in the industry take me out to lunch today even though I only offered a vegetable stir fry and barely ate all of it.

Really happy I fixed 1 of 2 of my company pension plans to grow at 10% YOY (~4% YTD). I had another neglected one on general mutual funds from ages ago and is now clocking in at 11% YTD.

Now just need the 2nd company pension to grow after making some changes a month ago.

I picked up a pair of trousers from the usual alterations place and the Portuguese lady was so insistent to fold and put the garments into my eco-bag. Sadly I don't give her much business since coronavirus shut her down.

35 minutes of weights. 15 minutes on the elliptical. 3.5km x 2 round trip walk to the driving range. One jumbo bucket of balls for 45 minutes. Getting hit on and complimented by the golf girl on my attire when paying.

Last edited:
Just hauled 50kg-60kg of Ikea build your own bed boxes for a city block. The things I do for small children.

Golf girl was flirting again with me yesterday.

But she has one of those infantile voices like Paris Hilton. Or like Phoebe's brother's wife on Friends. Debra Rupp.

Golf girl was flirting again with me yesterday.

But she has one of those infantile voices like Paris Hilton. Or like Phoebe's brother's wife on Friends. Debra Rupp.

Is this a significant issue for you? A deal breaker? Are you the brown paper bag AND ball gag man?

Is this a significant issue for you? A deal breaker? Are you the brown paper bag AND ball gag man?

I find annoying voice pitch is roughly commensurate with level of intelligence. That's my personal experience. I did read that Paris Hilton does it as an act and in her private life is a bit different. I'm unsure golf girl is capable of this depth of character.

I did get hit on yesterday by a lady at the bank who just came back from the great state of Indiana.

I dropped 1kg.

I'm still bigger than I used to be and feel it's making me slower and less agile.

My artist friend is painting and showcasing in the shipping container "market" for the month.

IMG_20230901_162758~2.jpg

After getting buzzed by the blue angels...

Hmm. The view improved.

Last edited:

this guy absolutely LOSING his mind over pronouns in the new Starfield game.

turn down the volume before you hit play.

...okay. What happens when there's inter-species sex encounters?

4 days of no alcohol and daily workouts and I think I'm at a new weight low - anecdotally from how the waist of my trousers fit.

Anyway, back to vino today.

I was able to get my father to an opera open air intro concert. The star for me was obviously Quando m'en vo from Puccini's La Boheme. Another aria from Don Giovanni ran second.

Spent the rest of the late afternoon being trampled on the boardwalk during the dying sun of summer.

IMG_20230917_150146.jpg IMG_20230917_160141~2.jpg IMG_20230917_160038~2.jpg

I went to a museum member's tour today. I originally got the membership for my "daughter". Later when she was about to finish high school I shared the membership with my brother who used it as a place for dates with women and any friends who wanted a place to entertain their kids in the city. I kept it all these years even through the pandemic.

I never really went by myself so it was interesting to get a tour from someone who worked there for 32 years. I know the Greco-Roman section best and this one went from Ancient Egypt to Medieval France.

As it was a weekday it was full of retirees, a few tourists and the odd student.

I went to a museum member's tour today. I originally got the membership for my "daughter". Later when she was about to finish high school I shared the membership with my brother who used it as a place for dates with women and any friends who wanted a place to entertain their kids in the city. I kept it all these years even through the pandemic.

I never really went by myself so it was interesting to get a tour from someone who worked there for 32 years. I know the Greco-Roman section best and this one went from Ancient Egypt to Medieval France.

As it was a weekday it was full of retirees, a few tourists and the odd student.

The museum tour sounds fun!

Does this girl call you “Daddy” ?

The museum tour sounds fun!

Does this girl call you “Daddy” ?

No. She had issues pronouncing my name when she was a toddler so the syllables she managed to pronounce made me sound like a girl.

After that it was a prince, a papa, and finally when she clued in I'm that guy she shouldn't be talking about to the grandmother or the real papa she became more coy about it.

There is a woman whom I've seen since the morning of the Queen's funeral using the elliptical next to me between 5:30 and 6:30. She's noticeable because she only wears one or two workout outfits and brings her own towel. She disappeared for a few weeks in September and came back incredibly bronzed. Looks really nice especially given she's a blond.

Time to break out my raincoats and trenchcoat. I found a pack of cigarettes in one of them from spring time.

Bought a last minute side orchestra seat (actually a chair) for Puccini's La Boheme tonight.

But I guess no one except me wears black tie anymore to opera.

My Italian has improved. Fifth time seeing this opera. So in love. I can mouth some of the more famous arias not just because I know the phonetics.

Also reinforced that the rich are masked because they have something to lose.

IMG_20231013_192440~2.jpg
IMG_20231013_190746~2.jpg

23c today. Been in the high teens and 20 this week but you only really feel it for a few hours in the afternoon. The weekend looks dreadful.

I found out which floor the milf with the NY Yankees hat is from in my building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom