Why Are You Pissed Off Today?

Interesting they’re making you show up?

She said it’s a city requirement that you show up in person. Flip side is that the cop has to show up as well or they have to dismiss.

I wonder if you could have them petition the court to say you have a demanding job with Covid and can’t be there all day.

I pulled that card to dodge grand jury duty a few years ago (I could have indicted those corrupt Vice cops who killed the innocent dude in the middle of the night).

Did you talk to a lawyer or a paralegal?

Paralegal or maybe receptionist.

You want dismissal. A ticket could spike your insurance rates.

That’s why I’m opting to take the online training, seems like the easiest way out. I’ll just take a work from home day and click through it.

She said it’s a city requirement that you show up in person. Flip side is that the cop has to show up as well or they have to dismiss.

I pulled that card to dodge grand jury duty a few years ago (I could have indicted those corrupt Vice cops who killed the innocent dude in the middle of the night).

Paralegal or maybe receptionist.

That’s why I’m opting to take the online training, seems like the easiest way out. I’ll just take a work from home day and click through it.
i might ask to speak with the lawyer and see if because of the job he could get you out of going in person. can't hurt to try.

REALLY overthinking this ticket issue.
trying to get the man out of having to sit around the courthouse all day is a worthwhile proposition. you been to court lately? you been to court with covid? i wouldn't want to be hanging around there with the dregs of society all day long just to fight a speeding ticket.

Nothing gets you relaxed and ready for bed like heaving and vomiting over the sink for ten minutes. Very relaxing.

Nothing gets you relaxed and ready for bed like heaving and vomiting over the sink for ten minutes. Very relaxing.

I always found there's this muscle or organ that gets stressed in your torso when you do it for more than a minute.

Whatever it was it came out of you. Hope you're on the mend.

This f*cking auditor is driving me nuts. If I don't eat lunch or drink too much alcohol before the meeting this afternoon I might explode.

Three cigarettes and a chicken leg on veg seemed to have calmed me down in reverse order

Some homeless aboriginal decided to toss something at me as I was walking by his sewer grate home at the corner of an intersection.

I felt a sudden urge to go over and beat him but resisted antagonizing the situation further.

Another opportunity fizzled out.

3 rounds with this headhunter (through 2 of them) + rewriting my CV into their Swahili format.

Made it past 3 rounds. I'm apparently the top 2. Oh wait, the position is on hold because in the last interview the holding company executive said these guys ought to be planning for the coming recession. From August to now you didn't know you couldn't bring on an executive because you have no idea you could afford it...

Another opportunity fizzled out.

3 rounds with this headhunter (through 2 of them) + rewriting my CV into their Swahili format.

Made it past 3 rounds. I'm apparently the top 2. Oh wait, the position is on hold because in the last interview the holding company executive said these guys ought to be planning for the coming recession. From August to now you didn't know you couldn't bring on an executive because you have no idea you could afford it...

Listen...just stay positive!

My $.02...

I remember when I was looking for a new job many years ago, I went on a few interviews and thought I nailed it. I came home and told my then GF, I think I got it.

Nada!

Next interview....same. Nailed it. Told my GF to get the champagne ready.

Nada!

Then I stopped doing that. I stopped talking about every interview/process/next steps. She would say...how did it go? I would say...we will see. That's it.

May be superstitious...but then a few offers started coming in.

Just focus on finding an opportunity, fine tuning your resume to that company/role and having a strong interview. Don't post/talk about it.

I know when I didn't get those initial roles, I DID get a little down and so did everyone I told. When I stopped telling people, I was not as down and I kept going.

Just focus on the search, and when you get and accept an offer.....put it on blast on DW!

Good luck!

Don't post/talk about it.

I don't talk. Oh wait, I post here. I wasted 3 months on this. Previously it was 5 interviews over 2 plus months entering the summer.

In the meantime I'm sitting around like Colin Kaepernick and recently volunteered to handle an audit from a major bank to keep my pay cheque going which is like volunteering to clear out nuclear waste from Fukushima with a chemical hazard suit. But there's only so many of those you can do before you pretend to emigrate to another country and actually packing just so you can continue receiving a (diminished) pay cheque.

Plus I have people I brought over from my previous firm who are waiting for me to open the next gold mine.

Also I stow my winter garments at my aunt's house and I was just told the Tupperware box with my sweaters was ruined by moths. Including my made in Scotland ones for the -35 days.

Also I stow my winter garments at my aunt's house and I was just told the Tupperware box with my sweaters was ruined by moths. Including my made in Scotland ones for the -35 days.
talk to thruth he can find you an old farmer with that sweet sweet deadstock merch.

Naw, read it again, the moths just ate the box. Horses for courses. YMMV.
well maybe the old farmer would have an extra tupperware box? hell, the tupperware is probably better quality than the junk we get now, just like the outerwear.

well maybe the old farmer would have an extra tupperware box? hell, the tupperware is probably better quality than the junk we get now, just like the outerwear.
There is a flash sale at BB on knitwear so he can get some discounted Scottish jumpers

Yeah 14C here tomorrow and less after wind and rain comes in. And it’s a week away from offical summer.

-6c with -15c wind chill. Up to 70km gusts.

Norm is 8c positive. Two weeks ago I was eating lunch al fresco at 21c.

Was forced to call off an exam I've been reviewing for the past two months due to severe frontal sinusitis.

I shouldn't have spent 107 minutes plus 11 minutes Uber to go to this Christmas party where everyone down to the manager level make coy guarded things like I am a dead man walking.

Next part was getting in touch with my loyalists who were concerned if I didn't get a drink, glass of water, or making stops at rail, subway, airport, whatever ways to get home.

Redundant, ignored, and irrelevant. Like some bloke at Mar-a-Lago.

Fell flat on my back and got all my custom/bespoke clothes dirty. Also badly scraped my Silvano Lattanzi shoos.

Dirty shirt bespoke.jpg
Dirty trouser.jpg
Scraped Lattanzi.jpg

At least l pair odd my karma, so not all was lost.

Why is it snowing. Why is it cold. Why is it snowing. Why is it cold.

It's only -2c with -6c wind chill and I'm freezing here. I have my second warmest overcoat on and a flannel suit and if I don't keep moving I feel like giving up and curling up on a sewer grate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom