Brexit - The UK and the EU

Pimpernel Smith

This is the poisoned ''comedy'' they are feeding the kids on the BBC:

Meanwhile, I got my letter from the Dutch Immigration. As there is a deal, I don't need to carry the letter of good character and residency in my passport. I do need to reapply for residency though and at Euros 58.00, but I appear to meet all the criteria. And if I didn't, they tell you exactly what you need to do e.g. open a bank account, get a job, etc.

Kingstonian

It was a bit muddy underfoot at the Leave celebrations in Parliament Square last night. The previous gathering was on firmer ground and in daylight.

The shows timings were a bit off sometimes and some of the singers on stage were poor. Also the choice of songs. Tom Jones ‘it’s not unusual’ and Wham have little relevance to Brexit. The Queen songs ‘We are the Champions’ plus ‘The Final Countdown’ were possibly to be expected. Dominic Frisby was best - but he had to remove the ‘industrial language’ and change the word to ‘fudge’.

Pimpernel Smith

What's the decision on the border in Northern Ireland?
Just wait to the trade deal is done with the USA, there will be no NE border, they'll be too busy itching and scratching to get a taste and piece of the UK-USA trade action, the EU be damned. Which will not please Varadkar as he will be on a nice little cushy number tossing it off in Brussels.

Pimpernel Smith

Again two Brits today were trying to justify taking Dutch citizenship with tales of being at the back of the queue for medical treatment despite having medical insurance, then tales about being stranded overseas as the Dutch embassy will desert you but look after your kids, having to pay Euros 900+ for the residency. They must think I am as thick as I look, a quick search of the Dutch information website for the 45,000 Brit families over here will debunk all of that, to transfer your permanent residency, or lesser ones, in all cases will cost Euros 58.

Then the Scots one was telling me it was all those dastardly white settlers in Scotland that swung the referendum on staying in the UK and that the EU will liberate them from the darkness of Boris and his chums.

Anyway, I did my party piece: I would never give up my Brit nationality, as it would be like selling my soul, or betraying Jesus for six pieces of silver.

Generally has the desired effect, a nervous twitch as they've been rumbled as mere hirelings and sell-outs!

Fwiffo

Supporter
Again two Brits today were trying to justify taking Dutch citizenship with tales of being at the back of the queue for medical treatment despite having medical insurance, then tales about being stranded overseas as the Dutch embassy will desert you but look after your kids, having to pay Euros 900+ for the residency. They must think I am as thick as I look, a quick search of the Dutch information website for the 45,000 Brit families over here will debunk all of that, to transfer your permanent residency, or lesser ones, in all cases will cost Euros 58.

Then the Scots one was telling me it was all those dastardly white settlers in Scotland that swung the referendum on staying in the UK and that the EU will liberate them from the darkness of Boris and his chums.

Anyway, I did my party piece: I would never give up my Brit nationality, as it would be like selling my soul, or betraying Jesus for six pieces of silver.

Generally has the desired effect, a nervous twitch as they've been rumbled as mere hirelings and sell-outs!
I was wondering if you would trade in to become Dutch since you have already accumulated enough time to qualify right away.

Then again you are working and have supplementary insurance from your job. And I'm not sure Britain is home to your family should you choose to return.

Now Gibraltar...

sirloin

Even though the spaniards will push their claim, quite a few go over the border onto the island each day, to work there.
So some sort of arrangement will be worked out in the end.

formby001

Scotland's going nowhere and wee Jimmy Krankie knows it.

To join the EU she'd have to lower Scotland's fiscal deficit below 3% its currently above 7%. The bulk of Scotland's trade is with rUK so a hard border would seriously damage her economy. Plus if she decided to adopt/use/shadow the pound, rUK would practically control her economic policy too.

With Brexit, its over.

formby001

Even though the spaniards will push their claim, quite a few go over the border onto the island each day, to work there.
So some sort of arrangement will be worked out in the end.
The Spanish have no legal case with regards Gibraltar.

Top Bottom