Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Only GBP$42 squids - you pick the difference!
1707717689379.png

Mr Liverano's suits fit him properly around the collar too. Rare to see tailors who do that type of fit, so got to give him major points for that. .

I've never dealt with him, but I understand he's an excellent tailor, highly regarded across Italy - Sartodi Napoli Sartodi Napoli can confirm/deny if his meds allow him.

I've also heard he's a very insecure man, always measuring himself against other Italian tailors, particularly a very highly regarded one from Naples. This might (or not) influence where he's putting his price point compared to others. I wouldn't imagine rent and other costs in Florence are that much higher than central London, Naples, Palermo or Milano.

I've never dealt with him, but I understand he's an excellent tailor, highly regarded across Italy - Sartodi Napoli Sartodi Napoli can confirm/deny if his meds allow him.

To be fair, I got a RTW double breasted suit from him which after minor alterations fits me great, and at 1.2k Euro I think it's great value. I also got several pair of trousers, and those weren't as great (finishing quality was so so), but to be fair they were fairly cheap (about 200 eur or so) so I wasn't expecting at much.

posting this less for the ridiculous mom outfit but more for the comments. reddit kids, I know, but they're ALL fawning over this outfit for some cockamamie reason.

Sunglasses: Gentle Monster // Jacket/Pants: aernmous // Tank: Rick Owens // Keychain: Olive Clothing in like 2018 // Sneakers: Salomons// Hairline: No where to be found
For more fun fit pics you can check out my Insta here 🤎🤎🤎

I've also heard he's a very insecure man, always measuring himself against other Italian tailors, particularly a very highly regarded one from Naples. This might (or not) influence where he's putting his price point compared to others. I wouldn't imagine rent and other costs in Florence are that much higher than central London, Naples, Palermo or Milano.

I do not know him personally but know his shirtmaker and I believe he is one of the best tailors around and will pass for the future as a legend as Attolini.

About his personality, I have never seen or talk to him so do not know if he has personality issues as per example the integrated psychopath of Orazio L... who even dared to rob fabrics decades ago when he was employee in one of the biggest houses around you all know...

I guess how he didn´t end under the concrete pillars of some local bridge as for real I have heard others ended... forever.

I guess he also had "connections"...

Don't know what it is with the more recent igents in the last 10 years, but they all wear ugly shoos. Split toes, galway boots, half suede/half calf etc. The last 3 pages of the EG thread is hideous.

Last edited:

Price of the coat (at time of writing): €14750 (incl VAT)
Starting price of a two-piece suit (at time of writing): €9775 (incl VAT)

lolwut?
Compare that to today's Cifonelli cashmere coat

Cutter: Lorenzo Cifonelli

Price (at time of writing): €8500 (incl VAT)

Suit starting price: €7000 (incl VAT)

Absolutely insane that a Florentine tailor charges more than one of the largest French tailors, especially one known for extravagance and high prices.

Compare that to today's Cifonelli cashmere coat

Cutter: Lorenzo Cifonelli

Price (at time of writing): €8500 (incl VAT)

Suit starting price: €7000 (incl VAT)

Absolutely insane that a Florentine tailor charges more than one of the largest French tailors, especially one known for extravagance and high prices.

The difference is that the Florentine tailor ir a real tailor and a top one and the French one is a just a internet wannabe and a main tacky.

Most hats are pretty dorky but the boater is arguably the dorkiest of them all. Most people who wear boaters make you want to rip of the hat off their heads and beat them up.

Most hats are pretty dorky but the boater is arguably the dorkiest of them all. Most people who wear boaters make you want to rip of the hat off their heads and beat them up.
No no no when I wear a boater I look magnificent, people come up to me and ask for my autograph or genuflect at my very presence. Young girls wet themselves when I draw near and older women wish they could get next to me. Definitely nobody ever suspects that I must be a member of a barbershop quartet or some relentlessly tedious tool constantly blathering on about the good old days and how my every stylistic move is a cut above the plebs because I am the big daddy of boa … ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Attachments

• 1707717689379.png
    1707717689379.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 3
All credit to fxh fxh on that apt description

Actually, fnb started that term originally. Bandaid shoes were said by fnb to be a yukky light poo brown for men that lacked status etc etc. Bandaid shoes are not tan shoes.

Here are a pair of my Bemer bandaid shoes. Grampa Kiss also made me a pair, and so did Lattanzi. There might be others, but l can't remember.
Bemer 1.jpeg

Actually, l do have another classic bandaid shoo - here is tan (3rd shoo) v's bandaid (4th shoo).
Florsheims mine all colours.jpg

Could have bought a NOS dark brown longwing too, but what is the point, i'd probably never wear it.

Actually, fnb started that term originally. Bandaid shoes were said by fnb to be a yukky light poo brown for men that lacked status etc etc. Bandaid shoes are not tan shoes.

Here are a pair of my Bemer bandaid shoes. Grampa Kiss also made me a pair, and so did Lattanzi. There might be others, but l can't remember.
View attachment 48016

Actually, l do have another classic bandaid shoo - here is tan (3rd shoo) v's bandaid (4th shoo).
View attachment 48018

Could have bought a NOS dark brown longwing too, but what is the point, i'd probably never wear it.
As I recall the negative reaction on Fnb to light tan shoes was because classic brown shoes seemed to be disappearing.

Also, as they were so popular, they were the shoe of choice for posters on other menswear sites from which many fnb posters had been banned.

Australia's deputy Prime Minister Richard Marles wears tan shoes with a navy suit to an ANZAC day service. Naturally, everyone else wears black shoes. To me, it speaks very poorly of the man, comes across as dissresprectful.
Richard Marles  - ANZAC day 1.jpg
Richard Marles  - ANZAC day 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom