Improving DressedWell.net v2

I’m making full use of the eggplant, though I really have nfi what it is supposed to mean.

How many goddamn times a month do I have to do the two-step verification? Once a week?

How many goddamn times a month do I have to do the two-step verification? Once a week?
why don't you turn it off? its not necessary. did you not turn it on?

i turned it off for you on the back end.

fundamentally, you're supposed to be verifying every time you log in. for security.

Last edited:
Registered Registered I redid the button toolbar on the editor to break out the media and quote buttons. got rid of a lot of unused shit as well. im mainly concerned with how it looks on mobile. let me know if it takes up too much space. i can always add a dropdown back in.

I like it. Avoid dropdown if possible - they are a UX nightmare, especially with small icons.
Could the icons have a bit more contrast?

I like it. Avoid dropdown if possible - they are a UX nightmare, especially with small icons.
Could the icons have a bit more contrast?
good question. let me find out.

i agree on the dropdowns but breaking them out does make the bar wider. lots of different phones, lots of different widths.

I don't browse internet fora on mobile phones, only on desktop, so I can't comment about the mobile interface.

It looks fine on desktop - icons are large and clear.

Registered Registered I redid the button toolbar on the editor to break out the media and quote buttons. got rid of a lot of unused shit as well. im mainly concerned with how it looks on mobile. let me know if it takes up too much space. i can always add a dropdown back in.

Excellent. That was so annoying.

way better

Should we donate more now? After the satisfaction...

damas y caballeros, this is an announcement - we are out of money. currently we have $9.52 in our paypal account. our hosting bill is due in 5 days:

This is a notice that an invoice has been generated on 18/09/2019.
Your payment method is: PayPal
Invoice #4109
Amount Due: £75.00GBP
Due Date: 25/09/2019
Invoice Items
Large Package - dressedwell.net (25/09/2019 - 24/09/2020) £75.00GBP
Dedicated IP Address: No
------------------------------------------------------
Sub Total: £75.00GBP
Credit: £0.00GBP
Total: £75.00GBP

that works out to roughly $100 usd. on top of this we're out of date on all of our addons and development.

if we want the forum to continue there are certain upkeep costs that need to be maintained by the community. if no one is willing other than the moderators, then maybe its time we called it a day. i leave it with the membership as to what the decision should be.

Registered Registered Supporter Supporter Moderator

Bravo!

Sorry, Rambo - it looks as though you are stuck looking after a small band of dysfunctional adults for a while longer...

all jpegs uploaded now will have the EXIF data stripped from them. only works for jpegs at the moment though. meaning most of your pics from your phone shouldn't give away your physical location.

all jpegs uploaded now will have the EXIF data stripped from them. only works for jpegs at the moment though. meaning most of your pics from your phone shouldn't give away your physical location.

Does my fake photograph give away a location?

Does my fake photograph give away a location?
every photo you take on your phone has a gps tag built into

every photo you take on your phone has a gps tag built into

It can be disabled though on most Android phones at least.

as usual, one of the last big developers is offering 50% off their themes and addons. anyone see something here they'd like for the forum?

we've had this one, or at least a version of it, in years past:

and here's a list of the addons they make

let me know if anything looks interesting to add to the forum.

also do we want to keep the chat function? only fxh and fwiffo seem to be using it reliably these days.

also do we want to keep the chat function? only fxh and fwiffo seem to be using it reliably these days.

I use it to talk to myself. If it saves money, sure you can turn it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom