Protests Across The Globe

Cool story, bro.
This always intrigues me with my liberal and lefty chums. They think The Guardian is some kind of paragon of virtue, the peace movement and the counter culture. Not only did they dismiss underage working class girls who were victims of the rape gangs in the UK as ''Let's face it...white slags'', when it comes to the drum beat of war, they're often amongst the most vociferous. One of the most recent was in Syria where they were running editorials on the benefit of going to war with Russia. Also they pushed the now discredited propaganda that Assad was gassing his own people. Not followed their Ukraine stuff, so don't know what their opinion is there.

You do know they're considered an intelligence asset as controlled opposition?

A lot more than protesters will be cringing and offended with Barry Manilow.
Barry Manilow is actually a very consummate performer with many outstanding versions of songs in his back catalogue. If I was Vegas, I'd definitely go to see him. Even though he's pretty old now.

“Canada's Royal Mounted Police reported that they arrested 11 people at the border crossing in Coutts, Alberta, who allegedly had a cache of guns and ammunition. That crossing has been blocked by protesters since late January.

It wasn't the first time during the protest that police seized weapons; law enforcement has confiscated long arms, handguns, body armour, a machete and a large quantity of ammunition and high-capacity magazines.”

What do you think, Thruth Thruth ? Is that it or will they try something else?

The PM has invoked the Emergencies Act, which is the old War Measures Act but the military is not being called out. But it gives more power for police to remove and arrest protestors and tow vehicles. However, not all the provinces want this. The Premier of Manitoba is against it as are the federal opposition parties. The coppers have started arresting protesters at the Coutts Alberta crossing including seizing weapons and vehicles.

The Ambassador Bridge protest was blocking flow in/out of the US and Ford and Toyota which have Canadian plants nearby were the reason for the swift action there.

The police here including the mounted horses are being directed to control the stand with Ukraine crowds. Unfortunately for them Cold War redux has stolen all the media spotlight and thunder.

NZ PM thanks first responders after clearing out the last protesters:

That protest convoy thing is still going?

B53081EF-3916-4644-9C12-B885DBDAAE9F.jpeg

This intrigues me:

Where is BLM, riots and protests across the globe?

The optics look bad - white cop subjugates black guy and then shoots him in the back - is he not worthy of sainthood too?

The response appears rather subdued.

Perhaps you are not looking in the right places

Perhaps you are not looking in the right places
But it's not MSM full-on - lets recreate the Summer of Love - is it?

To me, it looks equally as bad from the video. So why not the same intensity?

War in Ukraine is dominating the news, therefore conspiracy about BLM and Antifa?
Dude, I have much skin in the game in the Ukraine. I'm not interested in taking focus away from that.

This is something different. We have time for other conversations.

To me the optics are the same and equivalent to George Floyd: bewildered - possibly because he's foreign and not high on drugs - gets chased by white cop, thrust on the ground and leaned on the back, gets shot in the back too which kills him.

The question: why is the outrage very subdued compared to George Floyd?

Where are the protests and riots, the global ''Stop don't shoot!'' reaction, where is his sainthood?

It's almost like there was only room for one. Where BLM told, you've been allotted one saint and that's it?

Dude, I have much skin in the game in the Ukraine. I'm not interested in taking focus away from that.

This is something different. We have time for other conversations.

To me the optics are the same and equivalent to George Floyd: bewildered - possibly because he's foreign and not high on drugs - gets chased by white cop, thrust on the ground and leaned on the back, gets shot in the back too which kills him.

The question: why is the outrage very subdued compared to George Floyd?

Where are the protests and riots, the global ''Stop don't shoot!'' reaction, where is his sainthood?

It's almost like there was only room for one. Where BLM told, you've been allotted one saint and that's it?

This happens every day. Why is this particular case different for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom