The Football/Soccer Thread

I guess even Ronaldo couldn't will Juventus into the Champions League semis.

In other news United crashes out.

That's embarrassing. I thought those things only happen in Central and South America or some other dodgy league.
All sorts of chancers are allowed to run English football clubs. A reflection of UK business in general, I suppose.

I feel sorry for those fans that travel to away games. I know one chap from Wolverhampton with a Black Country accent who follows Brentford Home and away. I only go when it suits me. Home games at 3pm mostly.

Norwich first and promoted, Ipswich last and relegated.

Canaries will be basking in that glow for a while.

I remember their last promotion. Didn't they buy the wrong players and then go back down?

Spurs are through to Champions League final too.

They also pulled back three goals. All in the second half.

So a Premier League club will be European Champions this year.

Spurs are through to Champions League final too.

They also pulled back three goals. All in the second half.

So a Premier League club will be European Champions this year.

Are there enough good British players in the Premier League to form a decent national team?
All I see are mostly foreign players.

Are there enough good British players in the Premier League to form a decent national team?

You could say the same thing about most top flight leagues but hey baby steps mate, it's an all English final.

I deliberately referred to Premier League teams not British teams for that reason.

In contrast, when Celtic’s Billy McNeill died recently it was pointed out that all but one of the Lisbon Lions squad came from within ten miles of their Glasgow ground.

I am sure it ruffled many feathers when the BBC referred to Celtic as the first British team to win the European Cup.

I deliberately referred to Premier League teams not British teams for that reason.

In contrast, when Celtic’s Billy McNeill died recently it was pointed out that all but one of the Lisbon Lions squad came from within ten miles of their Glasgow ground.

I am sure it ruffled many feathers when the BBC referred to Celtic as the first British team to win the European Cup.

You could also say why is Cardiff in the English Premier League.

Clean sweep: Premier league makes history providing all 4 European finalists

"Start brushing up on your rendition of 'God Save the Queen.'

The Premier League secured a clean sweep of European finalist berths on Thursday after both Arsenal and Chelsea advanced to the Europa League's showpiece encounter. The London rivals earned their spots in Baku, Azerbaijan with wins over Valencia and Eintracht Frankfurt, respectively.

Those victories - the former in comfortable fashion, the latter in a penalty shootout - followed a manic two days of Champions League action in which both Liverpool and Tottenham claimed stunning comeback wins to reach the final of that competition. The surreal turnarounds came at the expense of Barcelona and Ajax.

It's the first season in history in which all four European tournament finalists represent the same country.

That Spanish dominance, so prevalent over the past decade, has now given way to England's resurgence.

Football's coming home."

God Save our gracious Queen, long live our Noble Queen....

City win the league. Honestly I thought it was finally Liverpool's year but they seemed like they were looking for excuses to throw it away.

City win the FA Cup. First time an English club has won the League Cup, FA Cup and the Premiership.

Chelsea beat Arsenal 4 1 in Europa League final.

Dull first half. Game finished at 45 minutes past midnight local time in Baku, Azerbaijan.

A long journey home now.

Chelsea beat Arsenal 4 1 in Europa League final.

Dull first half. Game finished at 45 minutes past midnight local time in Baku, Azerbaijan.

A long journey home now.

I was in meetings all day and missed it. As a Gunners fan I reckon now it's better that I miss it. Journey home? I heard there were only 7,000 supporters who made it out there from both teams. I doubt there are flights back to the UK right now.

All English Champions League final too...maybe Liverpool will actually win something.

There are no direct flights. It is a long winded journey. Some flew to Georgia and then had a long train journey.

_107154722_arsenalfans_pa.jpg

No comments on the Champions League? Klopp getting a new contract now, although how he lost the Premiership is beyond me.

Champions league final was quite boring.

If the popular Klopp did not get contract after Champions League victory who could you give it to?

Champions league final was quite boring.

If the popular Klopp did not get contract after Champions League victory who could you give it to?

Just saying Liverpool blew a golden chance to win the league. It ought to be factored into the contract Klopp is offered. If he won both the sky is the limit and he can have it for life.

What's with Southgate wearing the same outfit each game, a vest/waistcoat with no jacket? And what's with Phil Neville copying him? They even seem to be wearing the same tie.

What's with Southgate wearing the same outfit each game, a vest/waistcoat with no jacket? And what's with Phil Neville copying him? They even seem to be wearing the same tie.

Wasn't it a uniform for England during the 2010 World Cup in South Africa with Fabio Capello?

Lampard is now the manager of Chelsea. I had no idea fat Frank was qualified to manage at the Premier League level.

Chelsea cannot spend much on new players now because of restrictions. Ambramovic is mostly out of the UK. Lampard might be the right appointment to keep the fans happy and the club ticking over. True he has no time to speak of as a manager. Then again, Solskaer got the Cardiff job years ago with little managerial experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom