Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelensky

• Prigozhin

• Trump

• Total voters

"I've been told that Western politicians have already made clear to senior Ukrainian politicians and military commanders that now is not the time to try to launch a major counter-offensive.

It may be good for morale, but it could easily stall. So far Ukraine's counter-offensive operations around Kharkiv and Kherson have had limited success. They still need time to rebuild their army."

Win the war...or end the war.

I don't hear any solutions.
Were you expecting anything coherent from that loon? He’s becoming an overt shill for Putin and his “crusade against Western cultural decadence”.

34EABBE5-7612-4C78-8EF9-D0768A190BCE.jpeg

Wasn't the top prosecutor Iryna Venediktova the one Zelensky appointed around the time he promised then President Trump that he would put his own man to look into the Hunter Biden affair in 2020?

And then all of a sudden more arms including Javelin were sent to Ukraine...that top prosecutor.

"Citing US intelligence, National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said Russia is already laying the groundwork for annexation."

I'm surprised people needed intelligence sources for that. Was it not blatantly obvious in Vladimir Putin's 2005 speech that the break up of the USSR was the greatest political tragedy?

View from foreign fighters...

"Other common complaints included that counter-offensive strategies were undermined by older Ukrainian commanders sticking to Soviet tactics. They also noted poor communication among groups, with one soldier highlighting the lack of 'a centralized unit that has everybody by the tail and knowing where people are.'"

Epic fail starting with Kiev. Morale is poor. Supplies and ammunition will run out soon. The Russian advance is running out of steam and the Ukrainian counterattack will start bearing fruit.......soon.

"'These scumbags sign contracts with one hand and direct missiles with the other,' he wrote.

'So, we need planes and we need to sink the entire Black Sea fleet of the Russian Federation. This will be the best arrangement for the export of grain.'"

If only getting aircraft to cover the grain shipments and sinking the Russian Navy was part of the agreement and terms.

"'That's all because of the artillery you've given us - because of its accuracy,' said Bereza. 'Before, Russia had 50 gun barrels for every one we had. Now it's more like five to one. Their advantage is now insignificant. You could call it parity.'

But Bereza, like Dmitro, emphasised that Ukraine needed far more Western weaponry in order to launch an effective counter-offensive."

You destroyed 10x their artillery in the month since Luhansk fell with the less than 100 units all countries have given you? That's hard to believe.

"Here's a simple trick," shouted a burly figure, lying on a dirt track and aiming his rifle, surrounded by forty attentive Ukrainian soldiers.

"'Bring your leg up like this,' said the man, a former British paratrooper, who was part of a private group offering support to a Ukrainian brigade that had recently arrived to reinforce the frontlines.

The Ukrainians were all volunteers, and had only had a couple of months basic training. Their commanders had reached an informal agreement with the Western trainers, for a five-day course.

'Of course, it's scary. I've not seen war before,' said the unit's 22-year-old commander, a lawyer, who asked that we not use his name."

A bunch of volunteers and conscripts led by a 22 year old lawyer.

"'Worrying is the fact that these guys… lack the basic soldiering skills that the West is used to,' said another trainer, Rob, a former US marine.

'It's ridiculous. But these guys have lost so many people that they just don't have [enough Ukrainian instructors],' he said. 'The West needs to plan for that now.'"

The independent assessment doesn't seem as rosy as Dmitro.

“A month earlier, when the Russians invaded, Oleh and Denys had joined the territorial defence, Ukraine's volunteer army. But much of the military melted away with the first explosions and Kherson's remaining forces were quickly overwhelmed. So the men became partisans, working against the Russians from the inside.”

I thought all Ukrainians fought to the death.

"More than two decades of Vladimir Putin in power have not given her a comfortable retirement. To supplement her pension, Natalya sells everything she grows at home: from blackberries to potted plants.

At the age of 84, Natalya still toils in the garden, planting and harvesting potatoes to raise extra cash. She doesn't blame her president, though.

'I like Putin and what he's doing,' she tells me. 'I feel sorry for him. He gets no rest. As for America and all those other troublemakers, they just want to break Russia into parts. They don't understand that they mustn't try to humiliate us.'"

More proof he will never go away. He and the remaining people in Russia are completely intertwined.

"Persuading Russians to join the fight in Ukraine is quite another. 'I support the special military operation. So many of our lads have been killed,' says an 18-year-old student in Novorzhev. 'If I'm called up, I'll go and fight. But I don't want to sign up.'

'It's our duty to fight, if we're enlisted,' another student, Konstantin, tells me. 'Otherwise I won't go near there. Not for money, not for anything. Family's more important.'"

New source of recruits!

The bloke at 2:09 is probably already in a cell with the FSB.

"It is the Biden administration that is directly responsible for all rocket attacks approved by Kyiv on residential areas and civilian infrastructure facilities in settlements of Donbass and other regions that caused mass deaths of civilians,"

"It is the Biden administration that is directly responsible for all rocket attacks approved by Kyiv on residential areas and civilian infrastructure facilities in settlements of Donbass and other regions that caused mass deaths of civilians,"
this is the most "yeah, no shit" article the BBC has posted in a while.

"Yevgeny Balitsky said officials were ready to show the IAEA how Russians were guarding the nuclear facility while Ukrainians were allegedly attacking it, the agency reported.

Russia seized the power plant in the early days after the invasion, and the shelling of buildings there by Russian forces caused an international outcry.

The power plant in southern Ukraine is still operating, with Ukrainian staff under Russian control."

It's out of control because the Ukrainians keep attacking it or it's out of control because the Ukrainians working under Russian occupation aren't handling it?

Human rights groups criticized some Ukrainian war actions. Experts say they should be taken seriously

"Though the scale of Russia's brutality in Ukraine is great, recent reports from Amnesty International, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) and Human Rights Watch — have also raised concerns about the conduct of Ukrainian forces. This includes the mistreatment of prisoners of war, extrajudicial punishment, and the use of residential areas for military operations, putting civilians directly in the line of fire.

"One incident involving Ukrainian forces probed by HRW took place in the village of Yakovlivka. The report, which Wille authored, detailed how fighters arrived shortly after Russia invaded the country and set up in a schoolhouse. Days later, an attack on the area killed four civilians and wounded 10 others.

OHCHR also warned about military operations set up in civilian facilities, and the potential use of human shields. Its report, released in June, placed blame on both Russia and Ukraine for an attack on a nursing home in the Luhansk region, in the first weeks of the conflict. Dozens of 'vulnerable civilians' are believed to have been killed after Ukrainian forces set up inside the strategically located facility. Staff and residents were not moved to safety before Russian-affiliated forces attacked, OHCHR reported."

If Russia is in control of the power plant, why would they be shelling and firing rockets at a plant that they previously said they wanted to take over and potentially re-route electricity to Russian territories if the Ukrainians didn't want to pay Russia for its continued operation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom