WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

A HAIR METAL BAND! THAT IS LIKE CALLING FriendCustomer FriendCustomer or LKP LKP iGents.

SO WRONG!

I have a soft spot for KISS. Not to the extent I was buzzing like an upturned hive when I caught them on the reunion tour, but still.

I was a major metalhead as a youth. The only one where the love has lasted undiminished for me is Maiden, but I think that's at least somewhat reasonable due to the way they've conducted themselves and their output in this millennium, which in my opinion is the best of their career.
 
I have a soft spot for KISS. Not to the extent I was buzzing like an upturned hive when I caught them on the reunion tour, but still.

I was a major metalhead as a youth. The only one where the love has lasted undiminished for me is Maiden, but I think that's at least somewhat reasonable due to the way they've conducted themselves and their output in this millennium, which in my opinion is the best of their career.
You should try Dissection, they have a lot of Maiden in their riffing. Also, the vocalist went to jail for stabbing a couple of faggots, ie a social danger.
 
They're in a band. They play loud music and have big hair.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Hair metal is White Lion, Winger and other unoriginals like that.

Like them or not, Kiss were originators. They wrote the book on how to be successful without mainstream radio exposure until much later in their existence. Massive album sales through touring, theatrical shows and merchandizing. A crazily successful business model. Sold 400000 copies of their Marvel comic book with minute amounts of their blood in the red ink.

Went from scary fringe with young male audiences to young girls to taking off the makeup to putting it back on.

For crying out loud JM, Gene Simmons had a man bun before all of today's man-bun wankers were born.
 
I would have thought The Grateful Dead "wrote the book on how to be successful without mainstream radio exposure until much later in their existence. Massive album sales through touring,"
 
I have a soft spot for KISS. Not to the extent I was buzzing like an upturned hive when I caught them on the reunion tour, but still.

I was a major metalhead as a youth. The only one where the love has lasted undiminished for me is Maiden, but I think that's at least somewhat reasonable due to the way they've conducted themselves and their output in this millennium, which in my opinion is the best of their career.

Maiden is another savvy band with lasting power. Underrated and overlooked as musicians though Steve Harris set the bar for the next generation of bass players to come and insane drumming from Nicko
 
Naturally - I'm wrong.
The Dead didn't write the actual book - it was David Meerman Scott & Brian Halligan who wrote the book: Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead: What Every Business Can Learn from the Most Iconic Band in History
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would have thought The Grateful Dead "wrote the book on how to be successful without mainstream radio exposure until much later in their existence. Massive album sales through touring,"

Certainly the Dead have used that model successfully. Different genres. Similar kind of band affinity though deadheads are more of a collective versus the Kiss Army

Dead: 35 million records sold

Kiss: 100'million
 
Have you got the official listen-ability ratio of Kiss vs Dead?
 
Have you got the official listen-ability ratio of Kiss vs Dead?

Depends. True Deadheads thrive on listening to traded concert recordings while stoned and listening to minute sonic differences so they could go "Dude, listen to that wicked lick Gerry played just there. In combination with that nasty burrito fart he just ripped that was Casey Jones from Phoenix in '83 (third show)!"

The listenability of Kiss is about metal rage and remembering a generation of strippers who peeled to Domino
 
74849.jpg


I'm pulling the trigger on my Love Gun.

Btw, she is no way near pretty enough. Check out my "pretty face"...farrr better (see avator).
 
Met a woman a while back who had been in the catering crew for latter day Dead.
 
Met a woman a while back who had been in the catering crew for latter day Dead.

That would have been interesting.

Might have mentioned this before but an old business partner's daughter, son-in-law, baby and huge German Sheppard (Sativa) followed the Dead around NA for 3 years living in an old school bus and selling quesadillas that incorporated weed in the recipe = CrazyDillas
 
I have a soft spot for KISS. Not to the extent I was buzzing like an upturned hive when I caught them on the reunion tour, but still.

I was a major metalhead as a youth. The only one where the love has lasted undiminished for me is Maiden, but I think that's at least somewhat reasonable due to the way they've conducted themselves and their output in this millennium, which in my opinion is the best of their career.


up the irons really dear
 
are the STRIPPS only blue or do they have a black outlining?

there shall be ONLY BLUE AND WHITE
without other colours and outlines etc mixed in!!!!!!1

The stripes have a navy outline. Good for pyjamas only.
 
Tacos are too messy and vulgar. When eaten with proper accoutrements, pizza is a lot more chic.

500x1000px-LL-88fc3be5_image.jpeg
 
Kopped yesterday.... Impulse but should start rounding off my Rick wardrobe. First pair of Rick shooz in a long time.

img-thing
 
Leather version 1.1k, neoprene verison: 1.03k currently. I got mine off the bay for significantly less
 
Dear God those are fucking atrocious. I'm really stubborn about shoes though, so I'm completely biased!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom