Domestic & International Terrorism

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Australia Enjoys Another Peaceful Day Under Oppressive Gun Control Regime

1564967092157.png

Due to the nation’s controversial and oppressive gun restrictions, no one has died as a result of a mass-shooting from an automatic or semi-automatic weapon on Australian soil today, for the 8499th day in a row.
North Betoota cinema attendant, Christina Upton can’t believe it has been a whole 23 years, 3 months and 8 days since a heavily armed white Australian male decided to shoot at a crowd of unsuspecting Australian civilians for no reason

Kingstonian

“I read that the EL Cielo mall was a gun free zone, so there was little danger of being shot at by visitors.
Luckily he was a lousy shot.”

Local knowledge. I had assumed Texans would be comparatively well armed while going about their daily business. I also assumed Walmart would be a cross section of America -while in El Paso it is allegedly huge majority Mexican. My other awareness of Walmart is from the ‘People of Walmart’ website which highlights weirdos and misfits on the stores’ premises.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Another day, another white supremicist murderer.

It was a strange target. He drove 10+ hours from Dallas to shoot-up a Walmart in EP. There would have been a lot of closer Hispanic gatherings he could have chosen, or headed to The Valley for a more symbolic target.

Jan Libourel

^I had the same reaction that it was a "strange target"--plenty of Mexicans and other Hispanics (probably) much closer to hand, but then we are talking about a madman, after all. Who can really fathom the twisted brains of such people?

Pimpernel Smith

^I had the same reaction that it was a "strange target"--plenty of Mexicans and other Hispanics (probably) much closer to hand, but then we are talking about a madman, after all. Who can really fathom the twisted brains of such people?
Elementary, as they tend to fit a similar pattern: involuntary celibate, disengaged and not part of anything bigger than themselves, looking for a way for infamy and meaning, so weak they only believe by killing people they can attain anything, not part of a wider right or left wing conspiracy, low IQ if their manifestos are anything to go by, weird in the old sense of the word - being too strange and odd for the rest humanity to engage with or feel comfortable around.

Of course you have the Las Vegas shooter, which by the highly caffeinated interview his brother gave, is so odd and outside of statistical analysis as to be something else entirely.

Pimpernel Smith

They did say that the MSM and the Democrats are switching strategy now from the fake Russian conspiracy to accusing Trump of racism. And why not start with a big lie first that Trump is about to give white supremacists a nuclear bomb, several of them. You couldn't make it up, but these people can. Have they no sense of decency, at long last?

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
They did say that the MSM and the Democrats are switching strategy now from the fake Russian conspiracy to accusing Trump of racism. And why not start with a big lie first that Trump is about to give white supremacists a nuclear bomb, several of them. You couldn't make it up, but these people can. Have they no sense of decency, at long last?
Do you have any objections based in fact to any of the evidence cited in the article or is this just your emotional reaction to the research?

Pimpernel Smith

Do you have any objections based in fact to any of the evidence cited in the article or is this just your emotional reaction to the research?
It's rather alarmist and this is designed to give a certain emotional response: ''And the Trump administration is letting them get dangerously close to acquiring one.'' The article is really about low tech dirty bombs and not a nuclear bomb which is something quite different entirely.

There's radioactive material that you could use in a dirty bomb everywhere: hospitals, NDT companies, process plants, etc. It's only a matter of time before some terrorist group will successfully use one. Contamination will be quickly dealt with and likely for the terrorist, a biological agent is a better option.

Top Bottom