Fall of Afghanistan

"One of the DHS officials said their State Department counterparts didn't act sooner because they were hesitant to start a mass evacuation before the Afghan president left, worried that it would show a lack of confidence in Afghan leadership."

They knew he was fleeing?

"In an interview with NBC News on Wednesday, Zabihullah Mujahid also repeated longstanding claims that there was 'no proof' Al Qaeda planned the 9/11 attacks from Afghanistan — the premise of the 2001 invasion led by the United States that toppled the militant group's previous regime."

Proof? You mean your proof.

"Once again, music will not be allowed under the new Taliban rule, the spokesman for the militant group has said.

Zabihullah Mujahid told the New York Times that “music is forbidden in Islam... but we’re hoping that we can persuade people not to do such things, instead of pressuring them".

The Taliban versus ISIS war just kicked off. Sucks for the people caught in the crossfire there, but it may keep them occupied and less likely to strike targets elsewhere.

The Taliban versus ISIS war just kicked off. Sucks for the people caught in the crossfire there, but it may keep them occupied and less likely to strike targets elsewhere.

Instead of making the entire Syria as a magnet for everyone who hates the West or America let's make the few square kilometres around the Kabul airport the epicentre. Because life doesn't have enough challenges let's plan a humanitarian evacuation crisis right through it.

$20 says this is the CIA trying to rope us back into the war. just a coincidence it happened the day after the CIA started "operations" at the airport.
That's my second favorite conspiracy theory. My favorite is that it's the Taliban themselves posing as ISIS. Or we can combine, they poses as ISIS with CIA support!

That's my second favorite conspiracy theory. My favorite is that it's the Taliban themselves posing as ISIS. Or we can combine, they poses as ISIS with CIA support!
i don't think they're clever enough for that on their own so i think the latter is more feasible than the former.

First time I've seen that. The response I've read after his being relieved of command.

Reminded of Mad Jack's letter to The Times:

Different war, different reasons, same abuse of soldiers and in this case, rank failure in the withdraw strategy combined with being on the losing side.

I was surprised yesterday to read that for every 1400 American troops there is a General.

Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller is right to stand-up and sacrifice his career as a whistle blower. Sassoon for his efforts got a shell shock diagnosis and spent his ''recovery'' playing golf in Craiglockhart. Let's hope the good Lt. Col. gets a gig with some influence.

I'm not sure whether or not to consider him a brave man or a fool.
He's a whistle blower and whist it's career ending in that organisation, it's a necessary sacrifice for someone to stand-up even as a token gesture.

The withdraw is a disaster of planning and execution at the strategic level.

The buck ultimately stops with Biden and Kamala as the last one in the room.

Both? He was right in what he said, but going about things that way … he couldn’t have expected any other outcome.
He didn't expect any other outcome, read his response to having his command relieved.

Pretty sure he won't be unemployable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom