General fitness

Rambo

Fucked Walker In The Face
Supporter
Rower, stair climb and elliptical are my three mainstay gym machines ... but no wayI’m going back into a gym for a while.

I think I might try doing some sprints. In need to do something for my legs and I fucking hate jogging.
running is the worst. get the home machine. nothing better than not having to drive to the gym to do cardio.

sirloin

Sprints might be your thing? Get better shoes though. Nothing beats that feeling, when you push and push yourself, until you can taste the iron in your mouth.
In any case - if you have the room, get a rower.

sirloin

Gym is opening up again tomorrow, with restrictions as needed. Sanitation between uses of weights, no mats, reduced number of ppl in the areas.
Going to wait at least a week, before I come back. No reason to rush into it.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
My gym is opening up. June is a transition month, but I think July they are going to start charging my membership again. Transmission risk is high in that environment, so I won’t be going back for a while.

Jan Libourel

I have been bugged with pain in my left shoulder for some time now. I assumed it was some kind of training problem: Pulled muscle, overtraining, something like that. I finally saw a doctor--a leading figure in sports medicine, orthopedics and shoulder injuries in my part of the world. As it turns out, the problem is a combination of arthritis and bone spurs, and nothing much can be done about it. The good news is that the doctor said I could do any exercise that doesn't cause pain in my shoulder. I'm experimenting on this a lot right now. Fortunately, there seem to be a lot of good exercises. I can perform almost all my favorite mace moves without difficulty, likewise with kettlebells, except for overhead presses with my left arm, and it looks as if I'll be able to keep up a good fitness regimen in this my 79th summer.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Finally relented and ordered some running shoes. If this is my last post, you’ll know why.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I have a workmate that runs Texas Biathalons: runs and sprints punctuated by various assault rifle shooting stages. He suggested I join him. I think I’d rather try to chase the pretty girls in short shorts running on the path in my neighborhood.

sirloin

Would think it was a IPSC thing, when using assault riffles? Any biathlon I assume would be a .22 discipline?
In any case, I'd prefer the sprints too.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Would think it was a IPSC thing, when using assault riffles? Any biathlon I assume would be a .22 discipline?
In any case, I'd prefer the sprints too.
I’ve done some IDPA courses that were fairly physical, but this sounds like a whole next level. As he described it, they jog for a few miles then shoot a course before more running (sprints and jogging). I think this is it:

Some day I’ll check it out, but for now I’m just going to wheez around the jogging path near my house.

sirloin

I’ve done some IDPA courses that were fairly physical, but this sounds like a whole next level. As he described it, they jog for a few miles then shoot a course before more running (sprints and jogging). I think this is it:

Some day I’ll check it out, but for now I’m just going to wheez around the jogging path near my house.
That does look kinda tough (to do well.. and not puke while you're at it..).
I just prefer the classic course race, as I come from the sports range. Summer biathlon has never really catched on, even though IBU keeps trying.
In any case, if you want to try it at one point, better start running :)

Top Bottom